War against ISIS | Page 26 | World Defense

War against ISIS

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While I do think its in every country and regions best interest to stand up and fight terrorism, in particular ISIS, i do think it has to start with the middle eastern countries. All too often we're hearing arguments that the US and Europe have gone into parts of the middle east and made things worse, not better.

So now maybe its time to wait and see just how strong the countries in the middle east are. We hear a lot of talk from the region about how they want to rid the region of extremists and terrorists, but up to now that's all its been, talk.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think the best way to eliminate ISIS would be to change the attitudes of the people closest to them. If they took a unified approach to eliminate ISIS it would work. I assume practically this would mean not giving them food.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
I
ISIS is getting far too much, and I think drastic actions would have to be done be they as deadly as has never been in the history. They couldn't go on harming any further. They keep on destroying each pieces that make us of what we are today, the traces of history. It's not just the lives that are at stake here, but the trauma that they leave to the people who are still living. And if we don't resolve this issue, what face can we front in the next generation? ISIS has to be stopped right now!
We should identify their sponsors and take concrete steps to cut the flow of funds into their accounts.The top leadership should be taken out by whatever method so that there's no chain of command left to steer the group.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Again, this would involve more than a stern talking to and I'm not sure any country is prepared to go to war in the middle east again. Countries in the middle east need to look after their own region, at least start to try and clear up the mess.

The announcement of a coalition in the middle east might be a start but I'd be very careful as to just how much power they want, they haven't got a great track record of dealing with situations like this.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Multimedia is definitely a strength but it is also a weakness. Just imagine what a field intelligence services are having. I can't remember where but I read an article about ISIS members who got killed because they gave away their location on Twitter.

Nate

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
What I dont understand is how something like that can go on in this day and age. Even in a country like that, don't they understand wrong from right? Same thing with forced marriages.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
What I dont understand is how something like that can go on in this day and age. Even in a country like that, don't they understand wrong from right? Same thing with forced marriages.
Nate, that's the problem. They believe they are doing the will of allah. According to their ideology, this IS the right thing. Although I think a lot of them are just sociopaths who enjoy seeing pain and suffering.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Really? I haven't heard about that but i guess it makes sense that could happen.

I know a lot is made of ISIS using social media to recruit new supporters if you want to call them that but I think a lot of the time, especially here in the UK they don't need to rely on social networks, Muslims are joint up of their own free will. Only a couple of days ago another 9 were detained trying to go and join up, and one of them was the son of a local MP so it seems they have a network already in place without having to rely on twitter.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
In their eyes, they are doing gods works so they are in the right. Its us in the western world that are the ones in the wrong. And that unfortunately is why I'm not sure this kinds of terrorism will ever be eradicated because they are doing what they do in the name of their religion and in the name of Allah.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I agree that these barbaric creatures must be exterminated once and for all because violence is the only language they understand and the full force of the UN's arm forces must be brought on them. I don't know what the delay is for military action but they will soon piss off the wrong country and face the consequences.

Nate

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Nate, that's the problem. They believe they are doing the will of allah. According to their ideology, this IS the right thing. Although I think a lot of them are just sociopaths who enjoy seeing pain and suffering.
Yea, I think you have sociopaths AND psychopaths running some countries. It's like having a gang member run a country. Some of these laws are inconceivable. The more I look into Islam, the more I'm finding some pretty disturbing things.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
The only way too defeat ISIS is through sheer military force. They aren't going to listen to reason. Most of these kids come from fairly well of families. They are fighting because they believe in a far out version of Islam.And they are willing to die for it. We should kill them all because they are going to create a ton of carnage if we don't.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
ISIS is getting far too much, and I think drastic actions would have to be done be they as deadly as has never been in the history. They couldn't go on harming any further. They keep on destroying each pieces that make us of what we are today, the traces of history. It's not just the lives that are at stake here, but the trauma that they leave to the people who are still living. And if we don't resolve this issue, what face can we front in the next generation? ISIS has to be stopped right now!
Lets say ISIS is stopped,then what?
The Shia Iraqi government alligning with Iran will just kill the Sunni's at will?
Do you even know why ISIS was created for what purpose?
So a couple of beheadings is worse then 100 innocent women and children dead at once by some barrel bombs from the Assad regime,is it because they didnt have any or as much media coverage as the ISIS beheadings?
Do you want to see the heads of the children after a barrel bomb attack?
You cant,because there are no heads left to see.
If the US had kept its promise to do something(no-fly zone) after the sooooooooo fvcking many violations of the ''RED LINES'',there would never have been a ISIS,the Syrian war would have been over,ever think of that,did you?
Iraq,if they had an inclusive government where the Sunni's had the same rights as the Shia's,would those Sunni generals have ever changed sides?
I mean,why the fvck would they join ISIS,ever think of that?
Before making any statements on any subject,you should know something about the subject and if you dont know just ask someone impartial like myself(i dont do sectarian bs).
So you tell me who is to blame for ISIS?
Your answer should be;the US and allies.

Last edited:

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Lets say ISIS is stopped,then what?
The Shia Iraqi government alligning with Iran will just kill the Sunni's at will?
Do you even know why ISIS was created with what purpose?
So a couple of beheadings is worse the 100 innocent women and children dead at once by some barrel bombs from the Assad regime,is it because they didnt have any or as much media coverage as the ISIS beheadings?
Do you want to see the heads of the children after a barrel bomb attack?
You cant because there are no heads left to see.
If the US had kept its promise to do something(no-fly zone) after the sooooooooo fvcking many violations of the ''RED LINES'',there would never have been a ISIS,the Syrian war would have been over,ever think of that,did you?
Iraq,if they had an inclusive government where the Sunni's had the same rights as the Shia's,would those Sunni generals have ever changed sides?
I mean,why the fvck would they join ISIS,ever think of that?
Before making any statements on any subject,you should know something about the subject and if you dont know just ask someone impartial like myself(i dont do sectarian bs).
So you tell me who is to blame for ISIS?
Your answer should be;the US and allies.

These people lack knowledge on the geopolitics of the region.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
You can't stop something like this through force alone. What ended the Soviet Union? It wasn't the fact that they were being killed, it was they started listening and seeing what the rest of the world was like.

Right now you have a small(relative) group of extremist who you must kill and I don't see another way out. As for anyone living under the control of such a group, you have to import your movies and music. It sounds insane but culture wars work great. It's propaganda in its purest form.