War against ISIS | Page 8 | World Defense

War against ISIS

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
How did the the hostages ended up in ISIS hands?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no, this is awful news. How many more innocent people are going to be killed in the name of religion by these sadists?

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
How did the the hostages ended up in ISIS hands?

They knew that they had gone missing last October; one is a journalist and the other has less information available but it is reported he wanted to set up some sort of military contracting company. Both entered the dangerous territory aware of the possible consequences. Apparently both men knew each other and Goto went to rescue Yukawa after he had heard he had been kidnapped in August.

While Japan doesn't support terrorism, the men did put themselves into this situation.
Now it looks as if they are negotiating for the life of the other hostage for a swap of a prisoner in Jordan.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I read that the one who was executed first was the widower guy who had suicidal tendencies and that currently the Japanese government is doing its best to save the journalist. $200 million ransom is too much. They know all too well that even governments can't procure such a large sum in so short a time. You can't just take $200 million worth of people's taxes and give it to lazy bums who claim to be "agents of Allah" but are heartless enough to kill people and make dirty money off of governments.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Obviously this wasn't going to end any other way. Japan couldn't have done anything differently... at least shouldn't have done anything differently. So it was basically inevitable that his happens and the same will happen with the second prisoner: they knew the risks going into the country so while it's sad to see this happening there isn't much that anyone can do to help them.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
There's no way Japan was going to pay $200 million for hostages whom the terrorists could have executed anyway. In any case should they have made any payment this would have encouraged the terrorists to take more hostages so they could make more money. As the others have also pointed out, since the men knew the risks they were taking, they should have embraced their fate. Heartless though it sounds, you can't beat terrorism with cowardice.

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
Oh no, this is awful news. How many more innocent people are going to be killed in the name of religion by these sadists?
Unfortunately in ISIS hands many more. It is not surprising that the hostage was killed. I could not really believe that ISIS would honor their word anyway and would continue to formulate plans to execute the innocent.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Well, it seems that IS has many hostages and likes to pokes the western (even eastern, lately) countries. There is nothing they can do other than deploy more troops and push the middle east even more.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Realistically Japan was never going to pay some gargantuan sum for two people and I don't think ISIS even expected them to. They wanted to kill them from the very beginning so they made some ridiculous demands they knew wouldn't be met. They make millions per day by selling oil, so it's not like they need the money anyway.

xHysteria

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Australia
Honestly Japan was never going to pay that lump sum of $200 million because, a/ you can't retrieve that much money that quickly and b/ the Japanese government even said it himself that he will not do what they say. It was inevitable that the first prisoner was killed, and soon will be the second.

mizrael

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Canada
Isis has been beheading journalists and tourist from the West for some time, it cease to amaze me that people continue to put themselves in harm's way, I know that the story needs to be told but we already know what Isis is all about, so why take the risk and go to a country where you might end up getting kidnapped and beheaded, the risk is too great and the thing is, once you are captured your left to your faith, usually that means certain death, I hate to be this pessimistic but this is what Isis is all about. So why put yourself in that situation in the first place, in the end, there won't be any Calvary, there won't be any special forces rushing in to rescue you, there won't be any negotiations with terrorist to save a few lives, I'm afraid those are just the facts, I think if you're a journalist and you plan to pursue this kind of endeavor you should get your life in order before you go one this venture and just except your faith if it happens.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
That's really good news and my hope is that the IS is ultimately defeated. Just the other day they executed a japanese hostage they were holding drawing worldwide condemnation. This group employs barbaric methods to draw attention and my sincere hope is that the world will join hands in crushing this group for good.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Kurds expel ISIS from Syria’s Kobane: monitor

8db59b86-a467-4bed-be93-5ae4b0d580ea_16x9_600x338.jpg

The announcement comes after months of fighting between Kurdish fighters and the Islamist militants. (File Photo: Reuters)

Agence France Presse, Beirut
Monday, 26 January 2015

Kurdish fighters have expelled jihadists from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) from the Syrian border town of Kobane after more than four months of fighting, a monitor said Monday.

"The [Kurdish] People's Protection Units have almost full control over Kobane after expelling Islamic State fighters," the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

Last Update: Monday, 26 January 2015 KSA 14:42 - GMT 11:42
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...-expel-ISIS-from-Syria-s-Kobane-monitor-.html

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
Realistically Japan was never going to pay some gargantuan sum for two people and I don't think ISIS even expected them to. They wanted to kill them from the very beginning so they made some ridiculous demands they knew wouldn't be met. They make millions per day by selling oil, so it's not like they need the money anyway.
It shows how much a country would not want to do when it comes to their own. They cannot find it within themselves to extend a friendly gesture to pull out a hostage from their own country. With all that oil it is simple for ISIS to make the decision to kill the hostage.