War against ISIS | Page 9 | World Defense

War against ISIS

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Late last year the jihadis was so sure of victory that they raised a black flag on Kobane, bragged that they were skilled at urban warfare, etc, etc but they failed to see that it's not just the Kurds they were fighting. By beheading numerous people, they'd declared war on every civilized person. The result was these people got together to oppose the barbarians.

With this defeat, the arrogance ISIS had, thinking their cruelty would terrify those who would defend their homes has been flung right back at them. And I hope this is but the beginning of ISIS's end.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
200 million USD is not a friendly gesture. It's a lot of money and it's not like they have no use for it. The fact is, those two guys were captured while they were in Syria. If you choose to go to such places you're doing it on your own risk. There's no reason why states would pull out hundreds of million out of their healthcare budgets or whatever to give it to some terrorist organization.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
I guess the moment that IS set that impossible amount for ransom, the captives already knew they won't leave that country alive. I do hope that journalists all over the world understand the dangers of their work, but they also need to accept whatever fate awaits them. As horrible as this may sound but the hostages did know what they were getting themselves into.

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
I guess the moment that IS set that impossible amount for ransom, the captives already knew they won't leave that country alive. I do hope that journalists all over the world understand the dangers of their work, but they also need to accept whatever fate awaits them. As horrible as this may sound but the hostages did know what they were getting themselves into.
I think some journalists do understand the risk, but they go out anyway. It is a deadly job going out to these dangerous countries to get information. I would not want to be one.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
It shows how much a country would not want to do when it comes to their own. They cannot find it within themselves to extend a friendly gesture to pull out a hostage from their own country. With all that oil it is simple for ISIS to make the decision to kill the hostage.
Someone already pointed out that giving $200 million to those terrorists would only encourage them to commit more crimes even if the hostages were rescued. Paying the ransom doesn't guarantee that the terrorists will release the hostages. So whether they pay it or not, Japan will still be on the losing end.

saastil

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
ISIS pulls from jihadis all over the world, and they don't fight for one country. They seem a lot more successful than groups like Boko Haram or Al Quaeda in the Gulf, could ISIS actually be creating a new Muslim state? And if so, does this have to be done through continual violence or will they at some point turn their efforts/finances to creating social structures?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
ISIS has no support among Muslims worldwide therefore no Empire is going to be created whatsoever. An army need air defense, air ports, aircrafts, Naval vessels, tanks.....etc otherwise they would be swallowed easy and in a matter of time.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Fat chance. Terrorism is terrorism. No matter how much they try to sugar coat their evil deeds with Quran verses, it will never change the fact that they're murderers who deliberately, and consciously, kill people to serve their own ends. With the amount of ransom money they must have received, they could already establish a fully functional Muslim empire. Where is that so-called empire then? Nowhere. Nada. They're using the money to buy heavy artillery and weapons of mass destruction.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Muslim Empire won't be formed until you see instability in Saudi Arabia. Once you see that, you will see other events. And from those events you will realise yourself how the rest will play out. What's happening in ME is prelude to Caliphate. It's not here yet though. And right before it's formed an Arab leader will show up in Saudi Arabia during this period of instability.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
A caliphate at most. They can't create a muslim empire at the moment, not with the stuff going around in Saudi Arabia.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
While they certainly are good at causing chaos, IS is very far from being the Muslim army. There are many many Islamic countries in the region with powerful military and economic capabilities, such as Turkey, Iran, or Saudi Arabia. If they were so inclined, they could easily wipe IS off the map.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
This is a provocative question to most Muslims in the world. ISIL don't represent but themselves. And they are anything but for sure not Muslims, we are Muslims and we don't know who are these people. They're psychotic bloodthirsty murderers who hijacked Islam to reach their bloody sick objectives. They've so far caused so much damage to Muslims and Islam itself more than any other country or religion. So we're basically their victims.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
While they certainly are good at causing chaos, IS is very far from being the Muslim army. There are many many Islamic countries in the region with powerful military and economic capabilities, such as Turkey, Iran, or Saudi Arabia. If they were so inclined, they could easily wipe IS off the map.

Again sir, they're not Muslims. And regional Muslim countries fight them because they pose an existential threat to their countries, people, identity and religions.

Tigoci

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
ISIL is, in it's current form, not sustainable - neither economically, politically or on the military front. The rest of the world is against them, to say it lightly. No country on this planet supports ISIL - and all with any significant global political and economical influence, is actively against the advancement of ISIL.
Their 'army' along with the government and administration is completely disorganized, as I see it.

As mentioned above, I don't see them as representing the average Muslim, but they are a group of Muslim fundamentalists. I refuse to ever call them just islamic state, as they in no way is representing that.