WDF Exclusive - PAF signs contract for 9 C130J

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Had to open my book again.
These 2 paintings depicting No19 Sqn spectacular strikes that are sometimes referred to as Allah's invisible help.
6th Sep strike on armor was meant to be another mission. The Sabers found the enemy column by chance and decimated it. Otherwise they could have marched all the way to Lahore.
7th Sep strike on Pathankot was delayed by a few hrs due to other issues. When the Sabres arrived over Pathankot, they caught the Mig21s that had just landed and were being refueled. Had the strike been on time, Mig21s would not have been there.

20200518_180127.jpg

20200518_180158.jpg

PS: Arshad Chaudry & Abbas Khattak were my dad's course mates. Both became VCAS & CAS respectively later on.

Reactions
79 0 0
Country
Pakistan
He commanded No19 Sqn based at Peshawar. They conducted 2 crucial ground strikes that changed the dynamics of the war. Early morning of 6th, they caught a whole column of Indian armor advancing into Pakistan unchallenged. They were tasked with different orders, but he overruled them. Saw big saffron roundels painted on top on Indian Centurions painted most probably to help IAF indetify them as friendlies. 6 x F-86s obliterated them with big 5 inch rockets. then spent 15 mins plus making multiple strafing passes to expend 1200 rounds of .50 cal brownings. Then on 7th September led the infamous strike on Pathankot that destroyed all of then available Mig21 in IAF inventory.

His interview with BBC during 1965 war. He had swagger!
Wow what a video, summing up the passion, aggression,attitude, moral, PAF aces have in 65 war!!!!!

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
These 2 paintings depicting No19 Sqn spectacular strikes that are sometimes referred to as Allah's invisible help.
6th Sep strike on armor was meant to be another mission. The Sabers found the enemy column by chance and decimated it. Otherwise they could have marched all the way to Lahore.
7th Sep strike on Pathankot was delayed by a few hrs due to other issues. When the Sabres arrived over Pathankot, they caught the Mig21s that had just landed and were being refueled. Had the strike been on time, Mig21s would not have been there.

View attachment 13049

View attachment 13050

PS: Arshad Chaudry & Abbas Khattak were my dad's course mates. Both became VCAS & CAS respectively later on.
Where can I get posters of these? On proper poster paper. My father would love these for his bday.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Where can I get posters of these? On proper poster paper. My father would love these for his bday.
I don't know if there are any posters per se. These have been published on PAF Calenders of a period of time.
I have the book by G/C Hussaini called Air Warriors of Pakistan Airforce. The book has copies of of his various oil paintings that are in hung in different facilities.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan

View attachment 13049

View attachment 13050

these are from hussaini's book

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't know if there are any posters per se. These have been published on PAF Calenders of a period of time.
I have the book by G/C Hussaini called Air Warriors of Pakistan Airforce. The book has copies of of his various oil paintings that are in hung in different facilities.
I guess I'll have to buy the book then. Its unfortunate how Pakistan lacks behind when it comes to these kinda things. If it was another country there would have been lots of different merchandise created. From posters to t-shirts. Our people dont know how to business.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I guess I'll have to buy the book then. Its unfortunate how Pakistan lacks behind when it comes to these kinda things. If it was another country there would have been lots of different merchandise created. From posters to t-shirts. Our people dont know how to business.
Unfortunately yes :( and the book was commissioned by PAF Book club, so may not be available for sale. You may find it on eBay or Amazon.

Keep in ming G/C Hussaini never personally profitted from these. He is a PAF office (ADWC), who just did painting as a hobby :)

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Unfortunately yes :( and the book was commissioned by PAF Book club, so may not be available for sale. You may find it on eBay or Amazon.

Keep in ming G/C Hussaini never personally profitted from these. He is a PAF office (ADWC), who just did painting as a hobby :)
Man can they hire anyone competent to sell and advertise their stuff? All the branches in the armed forces need to sell merchandise. It's a good way to earn a little more money.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan

My father bought the book for me in 90's to inspire me, the book was printed by Ferozsons, I doubt it would be available now.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
My father bought the book for me in 90's to inspire me, the book was printed by Ferozsons, I doubt it would be available now.
A lot of good that did :^D

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
US and Pakistan rift is over? Can we expect more F-16s?