WDF EXCLUSIVE - PAF's latest Platform The JH-7!!! | Page 21 | World Defense

WDF EXCLUSIVE - PAF's latest Platform The JH-7!!!

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I know I am going to get killed here for the following comments but I am going to write what’s on my mind.

First of all, Thank you @Khafee bhai..you kept your promise!

Adding another type does not make sense to me. PAF seems to have forgone the idea of multirole and going for specialized craft.

J-15P specifically designed for maritime operation with long range makes up for a strike fighter that we were missing to keep our coast safe! With Mirages on the out we needed this to carry C-802s for a longer range.

J-10C is need of the hour with some redundancies from JF-17. I can see PAF planners going for this plane as a Mirage on steroids and more. As PAF shown before that they prefer to have two supply chains active,e.g Erieye and ZDK-03, SD-10s and AMRAAM. With JF-17 acting as work horse, PAF wanted to compliment high end F-16 52+/70/72 with J-10C.

JH-7A would the be 7th type in PAF,
1. F-16 with different blocks
2. F-7PG
3. JF-17 with different blocks
4. J-10C
5. J-15P
6. Mirage with different variants

Adding one more type to maintain does not make sense with minimal benefit. With rumours Of JH-7 on the way out in PLAAF, PAF inducting this type seems a step back. The funds for this type may be better suited for other projects such as R&D for energy weapons, hyper-sonic missiles and stealth drones. PAF could have increased the number of J-10C procured.

Anyhoo, I am not a person who pretends to know it all. I trust the PAF decision-makers, they must have done their due diligence.
Who said they are on their way out? The chinese are still upgrading it and there are talks of adding stealth features

Muhammad Omar

Reactions
595 17 0
Country
Pakistan
Take current circumstances into account. Dont just blindly look infront of you. Open your eyes and look around you. Observe what's happening in pakistan and the world lately. Then make a conclusion

Everything was still happening when Army went to Al Khalid-1 tank roll out ceremony

MominKhan

Reactions
210 15 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF is inducting 3 new types. Clearly F-7 variants will be gone in no time. Mirages will be retired as the numbers build up. Even then we will have one more type to maintain. But these types have a lot of commonality. We are actually going down from 3 manufacturing countries to two. That will help.

Still we are looking at higher running costs in the long run. They can only be justified if our economic fortunes are going to improve. That again makes me look towards Kekra-1.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF is inducting 3 new types. Clearly F-7 variants will be gone in no time. Mirages will be retired as the numbers build up. Even then we will have one more type to maintain. But these types have a lot of commonality. We are actually going down from 3 manufacturing countries to two. That will help.

Still we are looking at higher running costs in the long run. They can only be justified if our economic fortunes are going to improve. That again makes me look towards Kekra-1.
Good news is after Mirages French are out from Pak even call it EU are out from our defence market yes there is little in Navy. So I agree with You US and China all the way MRF can be convert into F16s MRO if we get good deal with US or can be MRO for J10 and JH7

MominKhan

Reactions
210 15 0
Country
Pakistan
Good news is after Mirages French are out from Pak even call it EU are out from our defence market yes there is little in Navy. So I agree with You US and China all the way MRF can be convert into F16s MRO if we get good deal with US or can be MRO for J10 and JH7

With the Turks upgrading our Agosta-90B subs and the ToT we received, the French are pretty much out of the picture anyway. MRF and F-7 infrastructure will need to be repurposed to accommodate the new acquisitions. Should not be too difficult.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Need of time is numbers of Jets having BRV and heavy load capabilities, which we have in limited numbers, but these induction will increase them to decent numbers.

I don't see any issue in 3 or even 4 new platforms, because each of them have own speciality and role, PAF work well to identify perfect combo by considering offensive and defensive needs and budget

Last edited:

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Ok here are my two cents on this induction if this news is true and ceremony does takes place soon INSHALLAH than I sincerely hope Pakistan doesn't do the circus of inducting one squadron or two squadrons like some countries like Indonesia or Malaysia do. Pakistan should basically go big or go home. Therefore if J 15 are for Naval aviation than 3 squadrons of those and 100 J 10 C and 100 of JH7 B and than use them to unleash hell on India specially the city I love the most Mumbai !!!! and burn it to the ground. And please for GOD sake retire Mirages.

@baqai @Thorough Pro @Armchair @Counter-Errorist @Arsalan @Lone Ranger @maxpane @Mastankhan @Muhammad Omar @Cookie Monster @Mingle

Zarvan,

I could not answer your tag on PDF---I am not allowed to post on may a threads---.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I don't know guys but this all doesn't makes sense. J-10C is a multirole fighter similar to JF-17 Block III, we have also heard PAF has rejected J-10 on multiple occasions so what's the point of acquiring them. Also J-15 is a carrier based platform so why all of a sudden why PAF got interested in it. I have a gut feeling this all news is fake
Quoting you for reference