WDF EXCLUSIVE - PAF's latest Platform The JH-7!!! | Page 24 | World Defense

WDF EXCLUSIVE - PAF's latest Platform The JH-7!!!

Lone Ranger

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
66 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Ok here are my two cents on this induction if this news is true and ceremony does takes place soon INSHALLAH than I sincerely hope Pakistan doesn't do the circus of inducting one squadron or two squadrons like some countries like Indonesia or Malaysia do. Pakistan should basically go big or go home. Therefore if J 15 are for Naval aviation than 3 squadrons of those and 100 J 10 C and 100 of JH7 B and than use them to unleash hell on India specially the city I love the most Mumbai !!!! and burn it to the ground. And please for GOD sake retire Mirages.

@baqai @Thorough Pro @Armchair @Counter-Errorist @Arsalan @Lone Ranger @maxpane @Mastankhan @Muhammad Omar @Cookie Monster @Mingle

if it is up to me, i will go for 12 sqs, 4 of each

4 sqs of J15, 3 for southern command (Maritime strike) + 1 for central command (tactics dev + deep strike)

4 sqs of JH7, 2 for southern command (Maritime Strike) + 1 for central command (tactics dev + deep strike) +1 for northern command (deep strike)

4 sqs of j10, 1 for southern command (CAP/interceptor) + 2 for central command (tactics dev + CAP/Interceptor) + 1 for northern command (CAP/Interceptor)

just my 2 cents, i am just a naive with limited knowledge, who has zero experience or knowledge in armed forces matters, So ignore my naivety.

thanks.

Red Nucleus

Reactions
89 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Salaam all, I just joined the forum and have introduced myself in the Members Introduction section. Look forward to participating here!

Now with all the protective assets coming into place with the J15, JH-7 etc I would assume that work should begin at Kekra again soon. My estimate would be 6-12 months. Thoughts?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Salaam all, I just joined the forum and have introduced myself in the Members Introduction section. Look forward to participating here!

Now with all the protective assets coming into place with the J15, JH-7 etc I would assume that work should begin at Kekra again soon. My estimate would be 6-12 months. Thoughts?
Could be longer, rather not say at this moment.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Could be longer, rather not say at this moment.
Will we produce ourselves or foreign companies will setup their own plants ?

Usama

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
12 0 0
Country
Pakistan
So now that we know about the 3 new platforms, which one came as a surprise? For me it was J10. Since we already have F16s and BLK 72 is also expected to in near future i did not think we will go for a platform which offers similar capabilities.
So the J10 in PAF is about increasing the numbers or will it offer an improved capability.
I am happy with the procurment either way, always liked J10

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
So now that we know about the 3 new platforms, which one came as a surprise? For me it was J10. Since we already have F16s and BLK 72 is also expected to in near future i did not think we will go for a platform which offers similar capabilities.
So the J10 in PAF is about increasing the numbers or will it offer an improved capability.
I am happy with the procurment either way, always liked J10
I have been giving good thought to all this development and this is where I am concluding prematurely.

J-10 : Primary Answer to Rafale

Block 3 : Another Answer to Rafale and whole of MKI/Mirage fleet.

(Reason why J-10 is still relevant, As We know, Thunder cannot carry PL-XX VLRAAM as well as many other Chinese goodies and the upcoming Ramjet BVR by China, So this is where J-10 is still relevant)

F-16 B72 and Upgrades : F-16s have been the backbone of PAF, IAF has a huge fleet of MKIs, MKI wasn’t lucky against a Block 52 armed with AIM-120C-5 on Feb 27, So, F-16 B72/V upgrades armed with Current AIM-120C and possibly D in future, Can serve as an additional fleet to the already F-16 Backbone of PAF against MKIs primarily

Thunder B2/1 : Similar role to F-16s in PAF but also more focused on Anti Ground as well as EW roles. Can be upgraded to B3 level and once again, Serve as a Primary Frontline fighter agains Combined IAF

Mirages : Current fleet and new HORUS, They will remain in the same role category and possibly given some limited BVR capabilities to atleast stay relevant for another 5 years

JH-7 : Replacing Mirages role in Northern and Southern command in limited numbers as well as possibly central command. Can be used Primarily for Anti Ground Ops, SEAD/DEAD, Anti Ship roles, Deep strike, BVR Carrier connected to AWACS/Friendly radar to get data about enemy.

J-15 : Primarily for Coastal Defence and Offense, Paired with JF-17s and possibly JH-7s, EW Roles as well as Primary Air Support for PN Fleet, Buddy refueling for Thunders at Masroor.

@Khafee @Caprxl @Gripen9 @Zeeman

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
More Chinese & Pak Military involvement, this time around, I should imagine.
If that is the case then Good, Actually very good