WDF EXCLUSIVE - PAF's latest Platform The JH-7!!! | Page 31 | World Defense

WDF EXCLUSIVE - PAF's latest Platform The JH-7!!!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
those Mirages will first have to go into the mirage rebuild factory to be assessed for structural integrity and I have heard that maintenance in their former home was not so good! So they will be stripped and most likely have a retrofitted migration to PAF mirages. But It's better to retire them they have served honorably with an aircraft which still has spares available.
You heard wrong, it is a bad habit of people to insult others like this. When PAF starts flying Horus a/c, it will put this theory to rest.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF is truly busy in building numbers. They are going to raise new squadrons as per Khafee and senior members. So it means no quick retirement for the Mirages or F-7. And with the new jets. J-10P, J-15P , JH-7P , JFT-17 block 3 , F-16 Block 70 & 72 and rest of older jets upgrade to block 72 upgrade, Mirages Horus induction. Numbers will cross 500 psychological figurer. Indian planners will sit again and plans next 10 years to counter these new jets.
In The mean time, we can turn the table on 5th gen jet. And leave the india behind in dust. So PAF can pick the pace from this quick induction and cover the gap quickly with compare to top air forces who are operating 5thgen jets. But all it depends on our planners and economic back up for the military upgrade for future. Thanks

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Still I assume they are cheaper than the J-15s. This means PAF can buy more of them. So, while the J-15 will be the spear tip, the JH-7 will provide more bulk. I agree this will be quality bulk as you've suggested.

JH-7P is nothing compared to any JH-7 in service with PLAAF / PLAN. This time it is truly quality, no Qty BS.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Just saw a nasty post insulting and attacking Mastan Khan. He is like the father of that forum, but look at the behavior shown. It just reflects poorly on them more than anyone else. He has also been banned from most threads.
Exactly, certain members on other forum have started acting like they are the only knowledgeable and experts and rest are school kids or retarded people....this is strange and infact shows their own mental capacity.....some kids there are posting disgusting remarks for those who believe in the news...very sad.....

I am waiting for ceremony and will return their remarks with compound interest....

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
On a side note, if the cost of jh7p is around 15 million USD, it would mean one squadron of jh7p for the cost of one rafale (260 million per aircraft).

Very interesting aspect. PAF could have three squadrons of BVR capable jets with the JH-7P. It doesn't need to do gymnastics like the F-16 or JF-17, with BVR and HOBS, in today's warfare, this will be a scary system. And when you add the low cost - you can build an entire air force out of it.

Pakistan has been defended with 4 squadrons of F-16s quite successfully. Rafales are just 2 squadrons worth for India. If in the medium term (in about a year to 1.5 years) you can add 3 squadrons of JH-7, 2 squadrons of J-15s, and 3 squadrons of J-10s, you change the whole game and milavia landscape.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
After raising the new squadron of all three types of jets and upcoming JFT block 3 and F-16 block72/70. PAF can divert their attention completely towards the 5 gen jets development and all future funds for next 10 years could be use for AZM, Direct Energy Weapon, and Stealth UCAV.so we have chance to really join the china in upcoming years, when the Chinese will lead the world and Pakistan can act like Israel of new super power. But a great hard work required for this status. If we convince Chinese govt for their more investment in industrial zones of CPEC. We can make our economy stronger the ME. Pakistan can become more than the israel or any other countries of south asia or middle east.

Quaid12

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Pakistan
After raising the new squadron of all three types of jets and upcoming JFT block 3 and F-16 block72/70. PAF can divert their attention completely towards the 5 gen jets development and all future funds for next 10 years could be use for AZM, Direct Energy Weapon, and Stealth UCAV.so we have chance to really join the china in upcoming years, when the Chinese will lead the world and Pakistan can act like Israel of new super power. But a great hard work required for this status. If we convince Chinese govt for their more investment in industrial zones of CPEC. We can make our economy stronger the ME. Pakistan can become more than the israel or any other countries of south asia or middle east.
Talking about our economy being stronger than ME, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. For a country to develop, you need honest leadership with hardworking people but with all due respect our country is in the hands of mafias. No doubt on sincerity of our PM, but one man can't do anything

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
My question to all respectable member of this forum.

1- Can USA now ever embargo Pakistan weapons procurement and upgrades?
Yes.
Pakistan still relies on a lot of US defense equipment and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. China may have risen up considerably in the production of decent quality defense equipment...but US remains number 1 still.

Over time this dependence could be lowered...but for now it's still there.
2- After these 3 new types of Beasts can USA put pressure on us in favour of India?
To US...India is needed for now...to counter China...but that doesn't make Pak irrelevant completely. Pakistan should try to build and carefully maintain its relations with US. International relations and diplomacy should never be binary things.
3- A complete change in air doctrine of PAF, from defensive approach to a new ultra aggressive take on india?
The proportion of an offensive aspect in the overall strategy has grown...as opposed to mainly defensive. However I still wouldn't call it ultra aggressive and a complete change in doctrine. It's more like the logical next step...an evolution of sorts. Now that PAF can comfortably defend Pak air space...they have stepped up to the next level to take into account offense(with J15, JH7 allowing for a deeper reach).

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Off topic,
Turkey is also working on Direct Energy Weapons, and Railguns for Future Turkish frigates and destroyers.. We can join them, no need to invent the wheel again. Chinese's are also working on these projects. That can be developing cost sharing and also bring more innovation to this project. Thanks.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Talking about our economy being stronger than ME, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. For a country to develop, you need honest leadership with hardworking people but with all due respect our country is in the hands of mafias. No doubt on sincerity of our PM, but one man can't do anything
Brother time will also raise new faces in our leadership, just look at Turkey in 2002. They were in same like us. A single man turn them into a good economic and arm developing country, there debt are paid off and now they joining the big boys club in every way of military arsenals. So i m not hopeless for the new Leadership and Once we will find out one. All puzzle will be settle, just keep your Believe in Al Mighty Allah. Thanks.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Sir the load taking was already impressive for this jet.if the upgrade of AESA radar, new EW suits, IRST, cockpit upgrade,engine performance enhancement and reduce the RCS. Then this Beast outperform IAF. And its main role to lay destruction to indian air defence batteries with its low flying characteristic features.
I think these two jets JH-7P and J-10P will replace Mirages. all the duties Mirages perform in past will be handed over to the new acquired jets. Numbers will be also raised in few years.
JFT will replace all the F-7 and with every block upgrade they will close the gap towards the Vippers.
If JH7P and J10P end up replacing Mirages...that would be amazing...Mirages are good...but these beasts are better.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Pakistan needs to believe in itself more. Israel does not compare to it. Pakistan is larger than UK and Germany combined, more populous than UK, France, Germany put together.
Pakistan has great power potential.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
If JH7P and J10P end up replacing Mirages...that would be amazing...Mirages are good...but these beasts are better.
Yes Sir, they are good in every way compare to mirages, JH-7 will have same low flying characteristic and long range, with triple payload than the Mirages. J-10 with delta canards and medium range, and powerful engine all suitable to replace Legacy Mirages.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
PAF is truly busy in building numbers. They are going to raise new squadrons as per Khafee and senior members. So it means no quick retirement for the Mirages or F-7. And with the new jets. J-10P, J-15P , JH-7P , JFT-17 block 3 , F-16 Block 70 & 72 and rest of older jets upgrade to block 72 upgrade, Mirages Horus induction. Numbers will cross 500 psychological figurer. Indian planners will sit again and plans next 10 years to counter these new jets.
In The mean time, we can turn the table on 5th gen jet. And leave the india behind in dust. So PAF can pick the pace from this quick induction and cover the gap quickly with compare to top air forces who are operating 5thgen jets. But all it depends on our planners and economic back up for the military upgrade for future. Thanks
Slightly off topic...
...I'm extremely happy with the progress that PAF and PN have made...u can see a clear goal they have in mind and they are working hard towards it.

I'm hoping to see the same from PA soon. So far the attack helicopter situation seems uncertain(T129)...there were VT4s purchased...but still there is hodge podge of different types(a couple hundred each). IMO PA needs to really focus on AK2(as the JF17 equivalent) that can over time replace all other types(older first of course). The same type of project is needed(whether with Turks T129 or with Chinese Z10) where Pak can start building(at least in some capacity) it's attack helicopters.