Yemen - Civil War

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Airstrikes pound Yemen rebel positions in Taez

113e7874-5cd2-4a14-9930-915f190ae0a4_16x9_600x338.jpg

Members of the Southern Resistance Committees man a tank during clashes with Houthi fighters in Yemen's southern city of Aden. (Reuters)

AFP, Taez
Friday, 24 April 2015

Saudi-led coalition air strikes hit a camp housing rebel troops in Yemen’s third city Taez on Friday, after a night of clashes and raids throughout the war-hit country, residents said.

Warplanes struck the camp, which was being used by a rebel army unit loyal to ousted president Ali Abdullah Saleh in central Taez, they said.

The main southern city of Aden also came under coalition fire as clashes between supporters of President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi and rebels raged until dawn, pro-government militiamen told AFP.

Residents in Yemen’s eastern Marib province also reported overnight air strikes and clashes between local tribesmen and rebel forces -- Shiite Houthis allied with Saleh’s loyalist troops.

AFP could not immediately obtain a casualty toll.

The Saudi-led coalition last month launched a campaign of air strikes in Yemen aimed at halting the advance of Iran-backed Shiite Houthi rebels and their allies.

On Tuesday, the coalition said it was starting a new phase of its campaign aiming to resume Yemen’s political process, deliver aid and fight “terrorism,” as air strikes continued.

The coalition had airdropped weapons and ammunition to supporters of Hadi, who fled to Saudi Arabia late last month as the Iran-backed Houthis approached his Aden refuge.

Last Update: Friday, 24 April 2015 KSA 12:34 - GMT 09:34
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/04/24/Airstrikes-pound-Yemen-rebel-positions-as-clashes-rage-.html

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
ISIS attack in Riyadh foiled, 7 car bombs disabled in Riyadh according to Al Arabiya....

Out of all timing they choose this? Does anyone believe it really is them or is it nations upset with Saudi OP in Yemen?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Now, imagine if these acts were all a part of "Operation Bring the Love"

Maybe the timing is more about the peacekeepers being distracted... Hopefully too distracted to butt their nose in.

Everything happening,all at the same time, has got to be more than coincidence. I have no idea why theres unrest in so many places at once, but I know it scares me. Conspiracy theories and religious rhetoric aside, there's something in the air and things are bound to blow up soon.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Now, imagine if these acts were all a part of "Operation Bring the Love"

Maybe the timing is more about the peacekeepers being distracted... Hopefully too distracted to butt their nose in.

Everything happening,all at the same time, has got to be more than coincidence. I have no idea why theres unrest in so many places at once, but I know it scares me. Conspiracy theories and religious rhetoric aside, there's something in the air and things are bound to blow up soon.

What do you suspect of all of this?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
SNG arrived to the border.

CDX2kaSUUAANP_z.jpg

CDX2kaSVEAAKpmI.jpg

CDX2kaZUEAASG2I.jpg

CDX2kacUEAAsj1m.jpg

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Mercury Hotel in Aden bombed by an airstrike.

11136641_812868865471006_5881457416142533339_n.jpg

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Mareb has fallen to Houthis, largely because Saleh's army though. Saleh's forces also going towards Taiz province. I believe this will require ground invasion eventually. The biggest factor is local support, if that is had the ground invasion won't be as bad as people expect.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Mareb has fallen to Houthis, largely because Saleh's army though. Saleh's forces also going towards Taiz province. I believe this will require ground invasion eventually. The biggest factor is local support, if that is had the ground invasion won't be as bad as people expect.

Im not sure where you get your info from? Mareb is in the hand of people. The fight is in city side with heavy casualties from the Houthis side. Ground operation is coming soon. Give it like a week or two at max.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia