L-15B new Chinese light aircraft dedicated (for combat training), a modified version of the L-15 JL-10 combat training aircraft.
The Chinese HAIG Aircraft Group unveiled the new lightweight L-15B combat aircraft, developed on the basis of the L-15 JL-10 combat training aircraft. In turn, the aircraft L-15 or L-15A was created with the help of the Russian design office Yakovlev and the Ukrainian company “Progress”.
As part of this cooperation, Russian specialists assisted their Chinese colleagues in the development of the airframe and onboard systems, and the mission of the Ukrainian company was to manufacture and supply the required turbine engines.
It is reported that the two-seat L-15B is intended for use as a light attack fighter and a transition combat trainer. The prototype was launched on May 3, 2017, at a Nanchang aircraft factory workshop, according to Top War.
The aircraft is capable of reaching a speed of 1480 kilometers per hour. It has 11 weapons suspension points. There are also two points on the wing, and the aircraft has a weapons control complex, including guided. A passive staging radar was installed on it, but the type and characteristics of the installed radar were not revealed.
- Crew: 2
- Length: 12.27 m (40 ft 3 in)
- Wingspan: 9.48 m (31 ft 1 in)
- Height: 4.81 m (15 ft 9 in)
- Tare weight: 4,500 kg (9,921 lbs)
- Gross weight: 6500 kg (14,330 lbs)
Maximum takeoff weight: 9,800 kg (21,605 lbs)
- Engine: 2 × Ivchenko-Progress AI-222K-25 after burning turbine engines
- Top speed: 1729 km / h (1,074 mph, 934 kn)
- Maximum speed: Mach 1.4
Range: 550 km (340 miles, 300 nautical miles)
- Ferry range: 3,100 km (1,900 miles, 1,700 nautical miles)
- Service ceiling: 16000 m (52000 ft)
- Ascent rate: 200 m / s (39000 ft / min)
- Aviation Electronics
- Unknown type PESA radar, likely with AESA radars for further updates.