Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 128 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
That is not a thunder color scheme
Unless we captured a bison I dont know what else it could be.
Okay in order for me to explain what that plane is I would like to know the level of depth I should go into so how familiar are you with planes.

I can explain in cave man terms

I can explain from an aeronautical POV

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Landing gear is suggestive of its J15.
and the pitot tubes but the paint scheme is the regular Chinese paint scheme for the J-15

F-7 is not an F-7 after all ventral fins gave it away Soviets almost always went with singular ventral but this appears to be Two edged ventral 25-30 degree angles, Vertical stab, rudder, Power plant and for some reason the height of the air craft seems to be shorter than a Tradition Type F-13 mig.

I can bet it is a JL-9

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
and the pitot tubes but the paint scheme is the regular Chinese paint scheme for the J-15

F-7 is not an F-7 after all ventral fins gave it away Soviets almost always went with singular ventral but this appears to be Two edged ventral 25-30 degree angles, Vertical stab, rudder, Power plant and for some reason the height of the air craft seems to be shorter than a Tradition Type F-13 mig.

I can bet it is a JL-9
Very well,
So it's JL9 with J15 at their own land with their personal.
Shepherd has been proven wrong twice @TomCat

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Yeah and one more point which googling internet warriors need to to know about Military before they talk about weapons:

The weapon induction/Ops planning of every military and then its branches are different. This weapon induction/Ops planning is developed through many factors like training, doctrines, weapon induction, courses, skirmishes and wars etc. Anybody who is or has been affiliated with any military branch is aware of this.

What you completely fail to understand is that you just cannot start commenting about the requirement without understanding the ins and outs of that Military. For example: everyone online talks about f-22 or F-35, basically USAF aircrafts, but do they know what purpose and why these aircrafts have been inducted in US Armed Forces. Similarly, during training or war gaming or grooming of military personnel, they are taught about adversary and weapons used by them which they may face in combat.

Any Tom Dick Harry can talk about any weapon online. But to understand how that weapon will be utilised is sometimes mentioned in media and other times it is on planning board and comes as a surprise during war.

You can talk about BAF, since you are Bengali origin, but i doubt you would even be knowing about BAF since your background is not military. I had course mates from Pakistan Navy, we were together for years on courses, so you coming online and labelling me that i wouldn't know about Navy is BULL really. Similarly, I talk about Indian weapons and forces because Pakistan's main adversary is India. @Khafee may want to disclose stuff, i choose not to at many times and this is another reason i stopped starting threads on Pakistan's military on any forum since a long time. I don't talk about BAF/BA/BN even though i have met and personally know Bangladesh Armed forces personnel, yet i have not been into BAF HQs or BA HQs personally neither trained with them so i would only know what i hear or read online, just like you are doing about Pakistan Armed Forces. Since you don't know much about PA, PAF and PN, its better that you start learning before you start posting.

Sir,

Please come down from your high horse---. In the US the military does not decide what it needs---the state---the defense analysts defence industry decides what it needs and the state decides how they will be used---. The US military then plays along

In pakistan the military decides what is needed because pakistani civilians are illiterate about weapons---and when the military starts to decide---like the Paf---it keeps its own interest first and foremost rather than the nation's.

The choice of weapons of the pakistan air force does not reflect upon what the needs of the nation of pakistan are---.

The US military gets the weapons that the US ideology needs---.

The Israeli military gets the weapons what their politicians decide what they need to maintain and advance their position---.

Thorough Pro

Reactions
314 6 0
Country
Pakistan
Does a car mechanic decide the tools he needs or he asks the gardener?

Sir,

Please come down from your high horse---. In the US the military does not decide what it needs---the state---the defense analysts defence industry decides what it needs and the state decides how they will be used---. The US military then plays along

In pakistan the military decides what is needed because pakistani civilians are illiterate about weapons---and when the military starts to decide---like the Paf---it keeps its own interest first and foremost rather than the nation's.

The choice of weapons of the pakistan air force does not reflect upon what the needs of the nation of pakistan are---.

The US military gets the weapons that the US ideology needs---.

The Israeli military gets the weapons what their politicians decide what they need to maintain and advance their position---.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I see alot of low blows happening. This is very shameful. If you cant have a proper argument and have to resort to logical fallacies then please do everyone a favor and take a walk. This place needs not turn into PDF.

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
The JF-17 was designed for PAF requirements, not for PN requirements. It has very limited range and payload that makes its use highly restricted in the maritime battle. It takes understanding of naval warfare to appreciate this. An army man or even an air force man will have limited understanding of naval warfare.

One cannot also claim "we are professionals". If you are professionals, so may be your enemies. Not everything works like a bollywood movie that you overcome all odds with your heroism. No serious professional ever talks like that.

Combat radius for a fighter is, by rule of thumb, one third that of range. This takes into account perhaps a few minutes of time on station, and mainly a2a loads. With heavy and bulky loads, this decreases further.

This by itself preculdes the JF-17 from being useful in any way or form in protecting SLOCs (a term I had to introduce as it seemed some others have no clue about it, and kept erroneously discussing this term in ways that is ridiculous and fantasy driven).

Naval warfare depends much greater on sustained presence than air warfare. This again precludes the JF-17 in many ways. Again, all these technical issues are not even understood by half baked analysis so common on the internet.

Right now Pakistani F-22Ps will be heading out to war against IN destroyers and frigates (let alone aircraft carriers and Brahmos equiped FLANKERS). If this is not being outgunned, I don't know what is. Again, patriotism gets the better of some and causes them to be left without meaningful argument and ends in ad hominems.
Can you please come off your high horse and start acting like a forum member rather than some teacher beating up small children. It is not appreciated. We have knowledgeable members as wdll as young ones. Your manerism will discourage the young ones from asking questions and learning.
For the question of JFT yes it is not ideal for naval warfare but when you dont have anything else you do what you can. You have also very conveniently forgotten the AAR for JFT which will increase its loitering time as well as range. Modern day A2S missiles also have become more accurate and lethal thereby reducing the need for having a bomb truck.
You have also alluded to the F22 but not realized what the dilemma/for PN was. What other platforms were eing sold around that time? And which ones were open for PN to buy? The chinese were not willing to sell us 054 at that time and there was no mature VLS bearing platform that could have been acquired without breaking the bank, which may I remind you did not have access to either. 22s hqve a plan for upgrade but you are well aware of the complications of this endeavour. So give it some time and see what PN does. PN is not going to pitch its surface fleet against the might of IN but rely on subsurface assets apong with air assets.
Regards
A

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Can you please come off your high horse and start acting like a forum member rather than some teacher beating up small children. It is not appreciated. We have knowledgeable members as wdll as young ones. Your manerism will discourage the young ones from asking questions and learning.
For the question of JFT yes it is not ideal for naval warfare but when you dont have anything else you do what you can. You have also very conveniently forgotten the AAR for JFT which will increase its loitering time as well as range. Modern day A2S missiles also have become more accurate and lethal thereby reducing the need for having a bomb truck.
You have also alluded to the F22 but not realized what the dilemma/for PN was. What other platforms were eing sold around that time? And which ones were open for PN to buy? The chinese were not willing to sell us 054 at that time and there was no mature VLS bearing platform that could have been acquired without breaking the bank, which may I remind you did not have access to either. 22s hqve a plan for upgrade but you are well aware of the complications of this endeavour. So give it some time and see what PN does. PN is not going to pitch its surface fleet against the might of IN but rely on subsurface assets apong with air assets.
Regards
A
His response seems to be towards a certain member that doesnt want us to have "the best we can" as you stated in your post. So if pakistan is going for the best it can for its navy and airforce then why would you run back to the best you could have a decade ago? Answer me this question

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Does a car mechanic decide the tools he needs or he asks the gardener?

Hi,

It is neither---.

The car mechanic is given the tools as per the conditions placed by the manufacturer.

The manufacturer decides if the tools ought to be metric or be standard---. Then what type of tools.

Do you need a flat head screw driver or a philips screw driver for the hose clamp tool specially designed for that purpose---. There are different kind of screw drivers

Then there are so many different kinds of wrenches that the manufacturer wants to be used to remove nuts and bolts and bolts or nuts of different head designs---.

Then there are long and short wrenches----open ended---ring wrenches---for brake line wrenches---.

German cars have different head designs for the bolts---.

So---even though the mechanic orders the parts---seemingly---but as a matter of fact he has to pick the tools to work for a certain car---and where he has no control of limiting his purchase---.