Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 129 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Can you please come off your high horse and start acting like a forum member rather than some teacher beating up small children. It is not appreciated. We have knowledgeable members as wdll as young ones. Your manerism will discourage the young ones from asking questions and learning.
For the question of JFT yes it is not ideal for naval warfare but when you dont have anything else you do what you can. You have also very conveniently forgotten the AAR for JFT which will increase its loitering time as well as range. Modern day A2S missiles also have become more accurate and lethal thereby reducing the need for having a bomb truck.
You have also alluded to the F22 but not realized what the dilemma/for PN was. What other platforms were eing sold around that time? And which ones were open for PN to buy? The chinese were not willing to sell us 054 at that time and there was no mature VLS bearing platform that could have been acquired without breaking the bank, which may I remind you did not have access to either. 22s hqve a plan for upgrade but you are well aware of the complications of this endeavour. So give it some time and see what PN does. PN is not going to pitch its surface fleet against the might of IN but rely on subsurface assets apong with air assets.
Regards
A

Hi,

Sir---I would recommend that you please move back to your old forum and don't muddy the waters over here---.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan should seriously consider J 16 in large numbers. J 15 makes no sense. To replace MIRAGES if any plane should be considered it's J 16

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

It is neither---.

The car mechanic is given the tools as per the conditions placed by the manufacturer.

The manufacturer decides if the tools ought to be metric or be standard---. Then what type of tools.

Do you need a flat head screw driver or a philips screw driver for the hose clamp tool specially designed for that purpose---. There are different kind of screw drivers

Then there are so many different kinds of wrenches that the manufacturer wants to be used to remove nuts and bolts and bolts or nuts of different head designs---.

Then there are long and short wrenches----open ended---ring wrenches---for brake line wrenches---.

German cars have different head designs for the bolts---.

So---even though the mechanic orders the parts---seemingly---but as a matter of fact he has to pick the tools to work for a certain car---and where he has no control of limiting his purchase---.
Why did you even bother to try explaining? Just ignore

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan should seriously consider J 16 in large numbers. J 15 makes no sense. To replace MIRAGES if any plane should be considered it's J 16
Pakistan cant get the J-16 or the J-11. The Chinese themselves were in hot water because of it. What makes you think russia would agree to let the chinese sell them to you when you rejected one of their latest fighter (Su-35)?

Whereas the Chinese can do as it pleases with J-15 because they have they bought the OG from Ukraine.

So in the near future J-16 is a stretch if you ask me but that is my opinion and members here can add or counter it.

Hawkeye

Reactions
100 1 0
Country
Pakistan
I agree. But China can't export J16 to other countries. J16 is a overall better plane and can also be use for naval role.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Also I dont believe the J flanker series can replace the mirages. The J-10 can fit the bill but buying that or getting that has it's own thread running and you can take a read through that one.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan cant get the J-16 or the J-11. The Chinese themselves were in hot water because of it. What makes you think russia would agree to let the chinese sell them to you when you rejected one of their latest fighter (Su-35)?

Whereas the Chinese can do as it pleases with J-15 because they have they bought the OG from Ukraine.

So in the near future J-16 is a stretch if you ask me but that is my opinion and members here can add or counter it.
They will China is a big power and could convince Russia if they want to sell us J 16.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
J 15 is copy of SU 33. Same issue will come with J 15. If you are talking about Russia.
Nope, not really because the chinese found a loophole one could say. They bought a prototype of the plane from Ukraine and what they did to it doesnt make it Russian anymore, per say.

I can buy a prototype for a pencil and then create my own pencil a few years later. It doesn't mean that the prototype of the pencil I bought from the store was copied. After all i merely bought a prototype will all its flaws. That's just a very dumb analogy but I hope you get the point.

Also if Russia cared so much how did a prototype end up in ukraine? One can argue that makes it ukranian and china buying it makes it Chinese.

Screenshot_20200704-163146_Samsung Internet.jpg

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Why do you want to buy J16 when J15 is better than it.
And you are also forgetting naval/ carrier ops associated with J15, beside the Russian issue.
Ideal replacement for mirage should be either JH 7 or J10.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

A statement or questions being asked compared.

the Mirages 3/5's and J15---.

People use some common sense---.

The mirages are purely strike platforms with no air superiority element in them now---and that is their primary function other than an electronic aircraft.

The J10 / J15 would be primarily under the air superiority category---them being a multi role aircraft category would be a better definition---the J15 more so than the J10.

Prior to that---the JF17 and mirage 3/5 scenario came up---.

Between these two---again the JF17's primary category is air superiority and the mirage 3/5 stays a strike platform---.

Even though the JF17 can also be used as a strike platform its primary strike function could be the disposition of the CM400AKG type naval anti ship and anti surface weapon or other suitable weapons and yet the mirage 3/5 would stay as strike platform---.

The other suitable weapon could be the launch of the Ra'ad ALCM from the JF17---.

I had also explained it a multiple times why would you want to send in your 50 million dollar aircraft when your 5 million dollar aircraft can do that job---but then in the heat of the battle---as the intensity of the combat changes---planning changes regarding the usage of aircraft also takes place---.

But the general structure that I have shared does not change much.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
The only down to earth guy on PDF is Mirage Battle Commander.

Hi,

I think that you are mistaking that or this for a social gathering forum---. This a weapons world----. We talk about death and destruction and annihilation of the enemy in multiple different manners thru different weapons.

We are talking about the decimation of the enemy---.

There is no place for a " DOWN TO EARTH GUY" when discussing weapons and how we will use them in finishing off the enemy---.