Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 136 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Waiting

Reactions
89 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Knuckles has suggested that F-16s are coming - He said Block 72, or something similar (EDA or otherwise). 2 squadrons. Matches what @Khafee has been saying. So instead of J-15s, they think only F-16s are coming.
After aligning with China and clear message to US, there is not a single bolt for us from America and allies... you will see things within days... it is not public yet.... so no. F-16 after last visit by zalmay....

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Knuckles has suggested that F-16s are coming - He said Block 72, or something similar (EDA or otherwise). 2 squadrons. Matches what @Khafee has been saying. So instead of J-15s, they think only F-16s are coming.
Can we use F 16s for maritime strike role?
Beside I think /what I've read and understood that EDAs will be stationing at bholari?

Waiting

Reactions
89 3 0
Country
Pakistan
At the moment we are at the same stage... you are with us[amerca] or with our enmies...

Sayad

Reactions
103 0 0
Country
Pakistan
After aligning with China and clear message to US, there is not a single bolt for us from America and allies... you will see things within days... it is not public yet.... so no. F-16 after last visit by zalmay....
So you are saying that something from Chinese coming our way...in few days..?

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Can we use F 16s for maritime strike role?
Beside I think /what I've read and understood that EDAs will be stationing at bholari?

Maritime strike with Harpoons is possible but I doubt this will happen as F-16s are precious (LOTR precious) and unlikely to be used for something like this that a JF-17 or Mirage can do.

You want to preserve the F-16s for the most precious task of air superiority. Training over salt water would rapidly degrade the F-16 air frame, which is an additional problem to deal with.

Edit: Additionally, fact that they are talking about EDA F-16s inability to fire the AMRAAMs available with PAF suggests that PAF has found a way around this problem (otherwise they would not have made this publicly known.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh

Edit: I'm moving the discussion to a relevant thread so as to avoid derailing.

Last edited:

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Will somebody answer my question about How many J 15 are being expected to be bought by Pakistan
Yes brother what I have read on this forum,
15 in first batch, expecting two squadrons can be plus / minus, includes single / tandem seaters as well growers type, shared between paf and pn.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Will somebody answer my question about How many J 15 are being expected to be bought by P
Yes brother what I have read on this forum,
15 in first batch, expecting two squadrons can be plus / minus, includes single / tandem seaters as well growers type, shared between paf and pn.
If you are going for J series than either go big or don't go for it. One or two squadrons won't do. You need them in seriously large numbers

Hawkeye

Reactions
100 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Will somebody answer my question about How many J 15 are being expected to be bought by P

If you are going for J series than either go big or don't go for it. One or two squadrons won't do. You need them in seriously large numbers
According to @Khafee we are getting these J15s for Maritime role and for the protection of Gawadar port. They will work along with JF17s. So imo the numbers shouldn't less than 30 or more than 50

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
According to @Khafee we are getting these J15s for Maritime role and for the protection of Gawadar port. They will work along with JF17s. So imo the numbers shouldn't less than 30 or more than 50

I think minimum 18 (1 squadron). In the longer term, perhaps 3 squadrons (about 54) . A few extra wouldn't hurt, for DACT.