Algerian National Army | Page 5 | World Defense

Algerian National Army

Alpha

Reactions
160 0 0
Country
Algeria
how many of these do you guys have?
I have another question, wasn't China/Pakistan pitching the F-22P before, I could of sworn I seen on pk defence, that China once was offering the F-22P to Algeria.
question 1: we have 3 in service, with an option for 3 to be built. the 2nd option of 3 is being looked at currently

question 2: I think you are right that the F-22P was offered but we declined it, I'm not completely sure. however we were on the eye of purchasing the Italian version of the FREMM, but the French pressured the Italians. now I believe we are eyeing a Russian frigate model now, either the Gepard 3.9, Project 11356 or Project 22356 frigates. most likely the Project 22356 will be bought, but I'm not sure.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
question 1: we have 3 in service, with an option for 3 to be built. the 2nd option of 3 is being looked at currently

question 2: I think you are right that the F-22P was offered but we declined it, I'm not completely sure. however we were on the eye of purchasing the Italian version of the FREMM, but the French pressured the Italians. now I believe we are eyeing a Russian frigate model now, either the Gepard 3.9, Project 11356 or Project 22356 frigates. most likely the Project 22356 will be bought, but I'm not sure.

you guys have MEKO A200s, why not buy another 4 and be final with it? why do you guys look for another frigate?

Alpha

Reactions
160 0 0
Country
Algeria
you guys have MEKO A200s, why not buy another 4 and be final with it? why do you guys look for another frigate?
the MEKO A200 was just a gap filler more or less, however the 6 new frigates will bolster our navy, and possibly replace our Koni class frigates. our navy is finally being focused after so many years of neglect and I am happy about this.

Alpha

Reactions
160 0 0
Country
Algeria
AAF Su-30MKA

Alpha

Reactions
160 0 0
Country
Algeria
Algeria is interested in buying the Kamov Ka-52, most likely 30-40 will be acquired if purchased

Alpha

Reactions
160 0 0
Country
Algeria
I wonder if you guys will buy the Ka-52K naval variant for your guys LHDs that are entering service
there is a possibly, but also quite doubtful.

do you think the Ukrainian 2S22 Bohdana maybe offered?
it's possibility is strong since we don't really buy much Chinese weapons (our military is not in very much favor) and the other candidates seem highly unlikely.

Smerch

Reactions
285 1 0
Country
Belarus
I heard India was trying to get into the Algerian defence market, is that true @Alpha

Alpha

Reactions
160 0 0
Country
Algeria
I heard India was trying to get into the Algerian defence market, is that true @Alpha
yes they were trying to market some weapons here such as the BrahMos missile, DRDO AWAC. however the DRDO AWAC has had some issues, quality wise and we would buy the BrahMos if it were supplied by the Russians, but however we are still more interested in the P-800 .

Alpha

Reactions
160 0 0
Country
Algeria
recently our acquired SM4 self propelled mortar systems were revealed during an exercise

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Algerian military announces armed UAV strike
Jeremy Binnie, London
30 April 2019

Algeria’s new unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) have carried out an airstrike, the Ministry of National Defence (MDN) said in a statement on 30 April.

An El Djazair 54 (El Jazair 54) UAV is seen carrying mortar bombs in a photograph released by the MND to illustrate its airstrike announcement on 30 April. (Algerian Ministry of National Defence)

An El Djazair 54 (El Jazair 54) UAV is seen carrying mortar bombs in a photograph released by the MND to illustrate its airstrike announcement on 30 April. (Algerian Ministry of National Defence)

It said the target was identified by an El Djazair 54 UAV on 28 and 29 April, after which it was successfully engaged “with great precision” by two El Djazair 55s.

Algerian television showed footage of the UAVs apparently carrying out a strike against a target in a valley in a mountainous area using unguided mortar bombs adapted to be carried on under-wing bomb racks.

This was the first time the MDN has announced a UAV strike, although it did not explicitly say this was the first time the El Djazairs has carried out an airstrike.

Algerian military announces armed UAV strike | Jane's 360