Chill Republic | Page 32 | World Defense

Chill Republic

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes I have been there many times. Service is gone done the drain over the years .
but the best tasting food is from the little house of kebob at Leslie and 16th avenue . Try there .
Maybe change in ownership?? It is possible I will try Richmond Hill one you mentioned.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
They will need US Gov's clearance to sell them I believe. since the had Japanese built custom datalinks, jammers, radar who will be willing to buy them?
and they are probably pretty used up, Japanese have been doing a lot of intercepts with them over the years.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,465 1,293 0
and they are probably pretty used up, Japanese have been doing a lot of intercepts with them over the years.
With Life extension programs that is not an issue. What is, is the Japanese systems, the US approval, AND the OpEX.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
With Life extension programs that is not an issue. What is, is the Japanese systems, the US approval, AND the OpEX.
I don't know a lot about Japanese F15s, but the longeron issue doesn't go away. They are very expensive to replace, wings all very expensive and why the US is just going to by new planes

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
They will need US Gov's clearance to sell them I believe. since the had Japanese built custom datalinks, jammers, radar who will be willing to buy them?
That is for sure but what I wanted to know was how beaten up they would be. @mtime7 answered that I guess. It's strange though i assumed since japan was not in any conflict those planes wouldn't be so used up. Until I saw the scramble reports from the past few years and it seems they are used alot.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't know a lot about Japanese F15s, but the longeron issue doesn't go away. They are very expensive to replace, wings all very expensive and why the US is just going to by new planes
Hypothetically speaking if the PAF did go for them then who would PAF deal with? Not for the acceptance of the sales but the follow up support/maintenance? Like new parts, spares, weapons, and system upgrades. Would Pakistan be dealing with boeing or Mitsubishi heavy industries?

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
That is for sure but what I wanted to know was how beaten up they would be. @mtime7 answered that I guess. It's strange though i assumed since japan was not in any conflict those planes wouldn't be so used up. Until I saw the scramble reports from the past few years and it seems they are used alot.
For a peaceful nation that they are, they are constantly harassed