Chill Republic | Page 5 | World Defense

Chill Republic

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
If you don't mind I have shifted this chit chat here .......

He is not only fond of Riaz Sahib, he is a personal friend. I myself don't much care for Riaz Sahib, as it happens.

Any idea why he calls Riaz Sb. Brof?

Yep. That is the man. Intellectually of the first rank, but with totally warped views: I am baffled how the two can co-exist.

We met each other electronically; I finally got to see him in the flesh long afterwards. That first electronic meeting was on PTH, PakTeaHouse, a truly magical platform, where one got to talk to the best Pakistani intellects, although largely (not wholly) of a liberal persuasion. We were a small clique of Indians among the larger number of Indian members who put in a lot of discussion and debate on the partition of India and the events themselves. The result was that six or seven of us became great fans of M. A. Jinnah, who was arguably the finest specimen of public personality in south Asia in those years, ranking with Gandhi, perhaps ahead of Nehru and Patel, surrounded by dwarves in the Muslim League, people frankly not of his level. YLH, of course, has every minor detail of Jinnah's life and thoughts and writings by heart, and he became the leader of the debate. As you know, Jinnah insisted that he should be the Sole Spokesman for Muslims in British India (that was also the title of Ayesha Jalal's brilliant and controversial book about him). Our friend, SoulSpokesman, is joking about that; if Jinnah is the Sole Spokesman for the Muslims, YLH is today the Sole Spokesman for Jinnah, and this person the Sole Spokesman for YLH. He calls himself, even in public, Hanuman to YLH's Ram, much to YLH's intense discomfort.

Interesting ........

Actually, he is the chap who introduced jbgt90 to me. He is a rich Parsi with a passion for biking who lives in Pune.

I know sir, I stopped talking to him when he entered a family ma behn thing with another senior member on that forum. He has been my only Indian friend who I could talk to very much openly.

You must have Parikrama in mind. He is sadly out of touch. He was in touch with both jbgt90 and me, but has fallen off the edge of the Earth.

Yes boss Parikrama ......

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
If you don't mind I have shifted this chit chat here .......

Quite right; this is a better place.

Any idea why he calls Riaz Sb. Brof?

That is his way of teasing Pakistanis. So, it is al Bakistan, and, following from that, all 'P' sounds become 'B'. Very complicated, but just like a Bengali; we have very complicated minds, except East Bengalis, who are simple and straightforward folk. So 'P'rofessor becomes 'B'rofessor.

Interesting ........

The first time I met him in the flesh was when we were in Delhi to meet YLH himself. As you perhaps know, YLH is very young, about my daughter's age, and SoulSpokesman is slightly older, perhaps four or five years older. We spent a gorgeous time exploring Humayun's Tomb; it was the first time that I had gone there with someone who read Urdu, and the experience was fulfilling. Then we had a hearty meal (the two of them had a hearty meal, while

I know sir, I stopped talking to him when he entered a family ma behn thing with another senior member on that forum. He has been my only Indian friend who I could talk to very much openly.

Yes boss Parikrama ......

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Good morning desi people of Chill republic .............. the gora people can have good night, good evening or whatever suits their timing right now :p

So to be clear no one is ruling this republic? Can I start building my castle and rule you commoners?

@Joe Shearer sir I have email contact of the Doc .......... should I send him an invitation? We haven't spoken for a long time and never emailed each other ......

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Good morning desi people of Chill republic .............. the gora people can have good night, good evening or whatever suits their timing right now :p

So to be clear no one is ruling this republic? Can I start building my castle and rule you commoners?

@Joe Shearer sir I have email contact of the Doc .......... should I send him an invitation? We haven't spoken for a long time and never emailed each other ......

Of course you should.

You can sort him out over here. We should sit on his head from the outset, and not allow him to start Ma Bahen gaali.

I think he would be interested since he can use his proper nick: 'VSDoc'. He wanted it back on PDF, but at the crucial moment, started a very quarrelsome thread. It didn't seem appropriate to petition the management to let him just then.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Of course you should.

You can sort him out over here. We should sit on his head from the outset, and not allow him to start Ma Bahen gaali.

I think he would be interested since he can use his proper nick: 'VSDoc'. He wanted it back on PDF, but at the crucial moment, started a very quarrelsome thread. It didn't seem appropriate to petition the management to let him just then.

Okay sir, let me take the initiative ........ he is a nice person when he is not high on his bloodline hormones. And sometimes on that other forum I felt he was given the unfair harsh treatment, he has his own valid views and articulates very well like you.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
hmmmm..there seems to be a need to do some modification. The shoutbox is duplicating avatars now.

Yes sir it is appearing twice with the user name in shoutbox, if space isn't the issue still it looks odd .......... seems like you will have to work to restrict its attachment to username to appear with tag only. How about make it appear with the signature as well? Though that also would be duplication as its already displayed with the main username. And sir some innovative non military ranks for the members to appear with their user Ids?

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Okay sir, let me take the initiative ........ he is a nice person when he is not high on his bloodline hormones. And sometimes on that other forum I felt he was given the unfair harsh treatment, he has his own valid views and articulates very well like you.

Well, two things: I would have been happy to invite him, but he will probably appreciate it more coming from you (ghar ki murgi dal barabar, so an outside invite may be more satisfying). Second, I agree that he was occasionally treated harshly. That was sad as he, at times, got into trouble for being as outspoken as he is. So am I; but honestly speaking, until the last few weeks, I never felt uncomfortable. It is possible that some one person took a dislike to my views and extended it to the person making them.

Do go ahead, and I am with you every step of the way.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Well, two things: I would have been happy to invite him, but he will probably appreciate it more coming from you (ghar ki murgi dal barabar, so an outside invite may be more satisfying). Second, I agree that he was occasionally treated harshly. That was sad as he, at times, got into trouble for being as outspoken as he is. So am I; but honestly speaking, until the last few weeks, I never felt uncomfortable. It is possible that some one person took a dislike to my views and extended it to the person making them.

Do go ahead, and I am with you every step of the way.

Sent him an interesting invite `o--o` ........ lets wait for the reaction. Just to make sure sir ......... its Yahoo right?

vsdoc

BANNED
Reactions
38 1 0
Country
India
Of course you should.

I never quarrel man ...

Which thread?

Cheers, Doc

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
I never quarrel man ...

Which thread?

Cheers, Doc

Holy truck ........ what the duck happened to you? You look ......... weak.

vsdoc

BANNED
Reactions
38 1 0
Country
India
Holy truck ........ what the duck happened to you? You look ......... weak.

Ya. Well, that's how one looks when one drops 15 kilos in a hurry and keeps it there.

Just completed my first 200 km BRM in under 10 hours (total time, not moving time) a couple of weekends ago. Did a 160 km hill climb ride this Sunday, including the fabled Bhor ghat.

I can assure you I'm stronger and fitter now than I was in my beefy 30s and early 40s. Definitely my smokie 20s. Never felt better.

Cheers, Doc

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Ya. Well, that's how one looks when one drops 15 kilos in a hurry and keeps it there.

Just completed my first 200 km BRM in under 10 hours (total time, not moving time) a couple of weekends ago. Did a 160 km hill climb ride this Sunday, including the fabled Bhor ghat.

I can assure you I'm stronger and fitter now than I was in my beefy 30s and early 40s. Definitely my smokie 20s. Never felt better.

Cheers, Doc

If you are achieving that the healthy way then I guess its fine, I am sure you are taking care of your required proteins and necessary other stuff. May be its the hair that is making you look weak :p

I gained 5 kgs within two weeks when I restarted my gym training ....... lost a kg but the tummy is under control and I feel healthy and fit.