China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan | Page 50 | World Defense

China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
What will be the combat radius (Hi-lo_Hi) with this load?
I'm not exactly sure, what pun is intended with this question.... but never mind.

1- Picture you quoted is representation of hardpoints, not the load representation, while additional load (un-substantiated figure) carrying capacity is definitely not the most compelling reason for the purchase of J10.
2- While universal constant of combat radius remains, that it's inversely proportional to the load it carries, but beside load, altitude /drag /use of after burner /combat role /power-efficiency ratio of power plant... etc. are few more parameters which effect the ''combat radius''.
3- Ferry range published by manufacturer, shall be considered more close to accurate, than any ''combat radius'' figure published in some magazine! while ferry range of jF-17 is in tune of 2000NM, which should be good to free occupied Pakistani territories aka IoK and Junagarh.

Last edited:

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Why is Saudi demanding 4% of interest which is heavy vis-a-vis IMF/WB rates. And I don't think Pakistan is in Iranian lap, if this being the case, Saudi wont deal with Pakistan as for as the help is concerned.

most of the social media and mass media of Pakistan is operated by IRGC loyalists. Only big names like GEO /DAWN etc. can be considered reasonably out of the sphere of influence of so called supreme leader of Pakistan's current ruling elite.

from decades, Iran remain largest operational base of RAW outside India, while Pakistan fail to take any action on open secret, brought to the public knowledge by foreign press, discovered by accident. Today RAW owns a port in Iran, while crossing Iran border is a walk in park, which is not possible without complicity of resourceful elements in state. not to mention the treasonous devoir of Pakistan foreign office.

In any case, asking for cash besides charity, from non financial entity was anyway a revolutionary idea, which was infact a master stroke of Ajit Devil, wisely over turned by MBS, eventually saving Pakistan from a conspiracy of grandeur scale.

Last but not least, ex-president of Pakistan was provided with evidence by US that a former PM was involved in setting up a network, which was supplying sensitive defense technology to Iran using military logistics. Information came as surprise to the security agencies of Pakistan, but it was too late and today the earlier mentioned network has grown to become state within state.

Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I'm not exactly sure, what pun is intended with this question.... but never mind.

1- Picture you quoted is representation of hardpoints, not the load representation, while additional load (un-substantiated figure) carrying capacity is definitely not the most compelling reason for the purchase of J10.
2- While universal constant of combat radius remains, that it's inversely proportional to the load it carries, but beside load, altitude /drag /use of after burner /combat role /power-efficiency ratio of power plant... etc. are few more parameters which effect the ''combat radius''.
3- Ferry range published by manufacturer, shall be considered more close to accurate, than any ''combat radius'' figure published in some magazine! while ferry range of jF-17 is in tune of 2000NM, which should be good to free occupied Pakistani territories aka IoK and Junagarh.

There was no pun here. I am genuinely curious what kind of combat radius JF-17 can achieve with that load out. I have never seen a JF-17 w/o 3 drop tanks for any combat sortie. What your picture (looks photoshopped) denotes is that the JF-17 can deliver 2 x REK or any other SOW and then be able to defend itself with 4x SD-10s or even better go hunting? I don't think it has legs for that kind of operation.

And this is just my opinion.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Why is Saudi demanding 4% of interest which is heavy vis-a-vis IMF/WB rates. And I don't think Pakistan is in Iranian lap, if this being the case, Saudi wont deal with Pakistan as for as the help is concerned.

Sir in last three years, that Saudi Crown Prince had three times rescue Pakistan from financially. For sitting in iranian lap, just count the acts of zulfi bukhari, shah mehmood qureshi, ali zaidi, Arif alvi and P.M Imran khan, they always follow the lines of iranian govt.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
There was no pun here. I am genuinely curious what kind of combat radius JF-17 can achieve with that load out. I have never seen a JF-17 w/o 3 drop tanks for any combat sortie. What your picture (looks photoshopped) denotes is that the JF-17 can deliver 2 x REK or any other SOW and then be able to defend itself with 4x SD-10s or even better go hunting? I don't think it has legs for that kind of operation.

And this is just my opinion.

It may be a photoshop, but not my credit neither i'm forensic expert, but i think information on expected dual weapon pylon of jF-17 blk3 is in public domain for quite sometime, supported by rumors of redesign of wing frame structure to support extra loading.

There may be no picture in our desired loading for comparison sake, but i doubt PAF mixing up REK bombs with A2A BVR poops, whereas weapons integrated with jF17 are expected to be more than Chinese J10. Who knows, PAF jF-17 are able to communicate with AIM-120 ;)
3 drop tanks, most likely are for the role of CAPs /Training.

jF-17 blk 3 is not out yet, but existing blocks of jF17 are able to take off with 4xSD10, one belly drop tank (800liter) and 2x side winders. In this configuration, we shall expect it to stay in combat for well over 1/2 hour, which should be enough time to take 4 shots at saffron bandits, before any visual contact, once the visual contact is established, higher agility is the preferred feature.
Therefore, I tend to believe that J10 are for special strike roles, and they are here to replace mirage, not because jF-17 lacked in combat radius or weapon integration.
If J10 are loaded to full potential, it may not as well have any lead in combat radius, not considering A2A refueling.

this pict. is from manufacturer's website:

1640956860911.png

this as well is real picture, but of older blocks....
1640959575159.png

1640960255482.png

Last edited:

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir in last three years, that Saudi Crown Prince had three times rescue Pakistan from financially. For sitting in iranian lap, just count the acts of zulfi bukhari, shah mehmood qureshi, ali zaidi, Arif alvi and P.M Imran khan, they always follow the lines of iranian govt.

Pakistan is the only country in world, who hold parliamentary session for using abusive language for Saudi Arabia and leveling absurd accusations, while ignoring the decades long brutal genocide in Iran on basis of religion.
This is why Saudi Arabia need to demand explanations from all 3 political parties, and take stern action, as they took against Canada and Obama.

The names you mentioned, have done their job, while authorities in UK and Pakistan will continue to overlook their money laundering and un-explainable rise in off shore companies.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Is it a SATCOM antenna or a GPS antenna?
Probability of GPS is pretty low, but not entirely impossible. Just after the third antenna, look at the tiny white circle, before the vertical stabilizer, that looks more like a GPS antenna.

A123

Reactions
212 4 0
Country
Malaysia
Probability of GPS is pretty low, but not entirely impossible. Just after the third antenna, look at the tiny white circle, before the vertical stabilizer, that looks more like a GPS antenna.

Well it is a GPS antenna and not a SATCOM antenna. The last one that you are referring to can't be the GPS antenna because it is mounted flush (bulge missing) on the surface which is not the normal mount owing to GPS antennas using an amplifier (because GPS uses low number of watts)

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Well it is a GPS antenna and not a SATCOM antenna. The last one that you are referring to can't be the GPS antenna because it is mounted flush (bulge missing) on the surface which is not the normal mount owing to GPS antennas using an amplifier (because GPS uses low number of watts)
So where is the SATCOM antenna?