Comms check!

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
@Hithchiker

I am disturbed that you are disturbed.
  1. What I wrote was not a complaint, it was a sad observation; it was not something I took pleasure in saying;
  2. The marching tune was excellent; elsewhere, I had reproduced General Vijay Oberoy's complaint about the downward trend in Indian military music, and what I heard on this clip was a direct (and enviable) contrast;
  3. In the commentary, not once, but almost on every other occasion, there was a reference to India as the enemy;
  4. I want to emphasise this: you can go through the equivalent commentary on Indian parades, and check for yourself - there is NO reference to another country as the enemy.
This is not meant to hurt your feelings. On the contrary, I was sharing my own feelings of distress that an entire country's military system seems to have been built on active and practised hatred of another country.

It was not a good feeling. But it was not a feeling of resentment against Pakistan and Pakistanis. It was a feeling of sadness, that we should be hated like this; especially, in my own case, due to a belief that we have been more sinned against than sinning, not a belief that I allow to guide my interactions, not a belief that I allow to guide my hopefulness about relations between two neighbouring countries, and certainly not a belief that influences my evaluation of whether an individual is likely to be likeable or not.

AND - and this is a complaint, and I hope you are punished for the evil that you have done - you changed your nick and didn't tell us.
No sir, i am not disturbed in-fact liked the bitter truth be it my own nation.Let me go through to some Indian parade day videos and come back to you with differences...Can you share official commentary video...Most of videos i am coming through are of Private channel videos

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
About the situation in India with regard to Modi, have you seriously not read my posts about Modi and about his whole lot? I could not agree with you more, about Modi and his party, and the pirs to their roles as mursheds, the RSS. And therefore,, consequently, about the rise in India of hatred, of political opponents, and of minorities alike.
I have gone through it was just merely making a point as it is portrayed India hatred is not dispensed among general public of Pakistan..As long as general public is not hostile there will always be a space for Peace

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
No sir, i am not disturbed in-fact liked the bitter truth be it my own nation.Let me go through to some Indian parade day videos and come back to you with differences...Can you share official commentary video...Most of videos i am coming through are of Private channel videos

Sure thing. Don't punish me for the dull as ditchwater delivery. Coming up in a minute or two.

The day is turning out bitter sweet. First, the dismal experience of going to PDF to condole Asma Jahangir's death, only to find that a Roman carnival had broken out. It has too high a level of perverts there now. Then Rajdeep Sardesai snapping under the strain of sustained personal attacks on him and his family. But then a ray of light. HereOh that is a terrible terrible shock. Rest in peace. She was an amazing lady who fought against all odds and spoke truth to power. I feel like I have lost someone very close to me. Sad day. :( are messages from two of the Pakistani members of insaniyat:

Oh that is a terrible terrible shock. Rest in peace. She was an amazing lady who fought against all odds and spoke truth to power. I feel like I have lost someone very close to me. Sad day. :(

It feels personal. It feels like a death in the family.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India

Here we go:

I beg, on bended knee, that the quality of the marching music should not be held against me.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Here we go:

I beg, on bended knee, that the quality of the marching music should not be held against me.
Let me concede here ..Yes

1) Indian parade bit more generic here in defining there regiments while Pakistani commentators were specific in connecting them with there contributions in wars.In this case India will pop up..

2) Let me hold my tongue in cheeks and spare me of saying the band was playing some funny movie tunes or is it connected to some national , cultural or religious songs? most of the time case in Pakistan army band tunes at 23rd March parade day..

3) Religious tone and metaphors were dominant in Pakistan day parade then to Indian parade..

4) We do feel motivationally charged in watching the parade..Is it same on your side ?

Last edited:

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Sure thing. Don't punish me for the dull as ditchwater delivery. Coming up in a minute or two.

The day is turning out bitter sweet. First, the dismal experience of going to PDF to condole Asma Jahangir's death, only to find that a Roman carnival had broken out. It has too high a level of perverts there now. Then Rajdeep Sardesai snapping under the strain of sustained personal attacks on him and his family. But then a ray of light. HereOh that is a terrible terrible shock. Rest in peace. She was an amazing lady who fought against all odds and spoke truth to power. I feel like I have lost someone very close to me. Sad day. :( are messages from two of the Pakistani members of insaniyat:

Oh that is a terrible terrible shock. Rest in peace. She was an amazing lady who fought against all odds and spoke truth to power. I feel like I have lost someone very close to me. Sad day. :(

It feels personal. It feels like a death in the family.
There is saying " dushman mary ty khushi na kariye sajna vi mar jana" ...Death is death and should not be celebrated in either case...However one may disagree with any one but respect should be granted..Condolences...

Tps77

Reactions
330 12 0
Country
Pakistan
PDF is jumping up and down regarding asma jhangir although I dont Like her but Still she is dead and as human Being we should behave better then others . RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Let me concede here ..Yes

1) Indian parade bit more generic here in defining there regiments while Pakistani commentators were specific in connecting them with there contributions in wars.In this case India will pop up..

I'm not blaming anyone. Just expressing sadness.

2) Let me hold my tongue in cheeks and spare me of saying the band was playing some funny movie tunes or is it connected to some national , cultural or religious songs? most of the time case in Pakistan army band tunes at 23rd March parade day..

You and your tongue!!! Let me tell the truth: that made many of us who value tradition wince. It was agonisingly bad.

I shall try to find the blog by one of our former Vice Chiefs, who was pained and disgusted by the exhibition that took place, not just during the parade (when, truth to tell, the problem was that many of the marches were plain bad music) but also during the Beating the Retreat, which was a formal and punctilious affair until the present bunch of clowns came to power in 2014. I am deeply ashamed and enraged by that horrible exhibition.

3) Religious tone and metaphors were dominant in Pakistan day parade then to Indian parade.{/quote]

Indian Army officers are schooled to think with their men on religious matters, whatever their own religion. If I have the privilege of showing you around an Indian Army camp, you will find - invariably - an all-faith place of worship. These violate several principles of religious architecture, but they serve the purpose.

4) We do feel motivationally charged in watching the parade..Is it same on your side ?

Well, the Aam Janata feel good. I personally feel proud to see the regiments go by and remember what they stand for. For instance, our Grenadiers (Abdul Hamid's regiment) is the oldest regiment in the Commonwealth to bear the Grenadier designation. We have the Madras Regiment, that includes the Nair contingent that defeated the Dutch at Colachel, and forced them to go off permanently to the Dutch East Indies (we call it Indonesia nowadays). Just to remind you, during the Anglo-Dutch Wars of the 1650s,, de Ruyter and Tromp lashed broomsticks to their flagship masts, to tell everyone that they had swept the Narrow Seas clean of the English. Colachel was in 1741. There are regiments descended from the Bengal Lancers, and from

We have the Sikhs, who trace their tradition back to Ranjit Singh's army. We have six of the original ten Gurkha Regiments, and one of our own, the 11th GR. I could go on and on.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
I'm not blaming anyone. Just expressing sadness.

You and your tongue!!! Let me tell the truth: that made many of us who value tradition wince. It was agonisingly bad.

I shall try to find the blog by one of our former Vice Chiefs, who was pained and disgusted by the exhibition that took place, not just during the parade (when, truth to tell, the problem was that many of the marches were plain bad music) but also during the Beating the Retreat, which was a formal and punctilious affair until the present bunch of clowns came to power in 2014. I am deeply ashamed and enraged by that horrible exhibition.
Recommend a book highlighting the forces or soldiers from current day Pak+India fought at different places during British raj

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Recommend a book highlighting the forces or soldiers from current day Pak+India fought at different places during British raj

During which period? Remember that there were British Indian Army troops in China during the Boxer Rebellion. But yes, I would like to point you at them, once you've defined your period of interest. Unless you want this to be done logically, and books/book of choice presented to you to look up/ buy off. Possible, take a smidgin more time.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
In this parade, it was painful to hear, again and again and again, India being singled out as an existential enemy.

Sorry cannot watch the video its too lengthy ......... however,

I wish I could share my childhood audio tape recording, lost it now (we had that National ka radio player that we used to run on four dry big battery cells) ....... when I was a little village boy far from media tv and electricity .......... you would forget this commentary and run for your life `o--o`

My younger brother (when we grew up, he is military now) ....... he would taunt me aur Hindu kay dushman ......

And seriously people don't pay any attention to commentators or commentary ......... we are busy looking at beautiful Nasr and tanks and trucks and jets and music played for the parade .......... that is more than enough for our bloody civilian ears ..... why would we listen to another bloody civilians commentary during that?

I was referring to the commentary, and the commentators.

You should read PMA's passing out Oath .......... no mention of any country or enemy.

Can u explain me in short What I have to do?*_*

You have to write an article on Pakistan Military Music and bands. :mad: Get started now ............

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India

@jbgt90

Why don't you lend us a hand? This covers
  1. Burma (First/Second/Third Anglo-Burmese Wars)
  2. Afghanistan;
  3. China (Boxer Rebellion/ Siege of Peking,1900?)
  4. Tibet (Younghusband 1912);
  5. Force A: France (WW I, 1914);
  6. Force B and Force C: Africa (the famous Lettow-Vorbeck campaign)
  7. Force D: Mesopotamia
  8. Force E: Sinai, Palestine, Megiddo
  9. Force F: First Suez Offensive
  10. Force G: Gallipoli
  11. Iran;
  12. Tsingtao;
  13. Singapore Mutiny;
  14. Ashkhabad; (Malleson Mission);
  15. Abyssinia (Italian Army);
  16. Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria (Italian Army, German Army);
  17. Italy (German Army);
  18. Hong Kong, Malaya, Singapore, Burma (Japanese Army);
and I think that's all. I dimly remember that units were involved in the Dutch East Indies, but just can't put my finger on that.

You are the only person likely to have a good bibliography covering the entire British Indian Army, not just the Indian Army units and their predecessors.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Sorry cannot watch the video its too lengthy ......... however,

I wish I could share my childhood audio tape recording, lost it now (we had that National ka radio player that we used to run on four dry big battery cells) ....... when I was a little village boy far from media tv and electricity .......... you would forget this commentary and run for your life `o--o`

LOL.

I can imagine the thunder and lightning.

My younger brother (when we grew up, he is military now) ....... he would taunt me aur Hindu kay dushman ......

And seriously people don't pay any attention to commentators or commentary ......... we are busy looking at beautiful Nasr and tanks and trucks and jets and music played for the parade .......... that is more than enough for our bloody civilian ears ..... why would we listen to another bloody civilians commentary during that?

You should read PMA's passing out Oath .......... no mention of any country or enemy.

You have to write an article on Pakistan Military Music and bands. :mad: Get started now ............

An easy way, @Tps77, is to illustrate it with video clips of past parades. :D