Comms check!

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
@jbgt90

Why don't you lend us a hand? This covers
  1. Burma (First/Second/Third Anglo-Burmese Wars)
  2. Afghanistan;
  3. China (Boxer Rebellion/ Siege of Peking,1900?)
  4. Tibet (Younghusband 1912);
  5. Force A: France (WW I, 1914);
  6. Force B and Force C: Africa (the famous Lettow-Vorbeck campaign)
  7. Force D: Mesopotamia
  8. Force E: Sinai, Palestine, Megiddo
  9. Force F: First Suez Offensive
  10. Force G: Gallipoli
  11. Iran;
  12. Tsingtao;
  13. Singapore Mutiny;
  14. Ashkhabad; (Malleson Mission);
  15. Abyssinia (Italian Army);
  16. Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria (Italian Army, German Army);
  17. Italy (German Army);
  18. Hong Kong, Malaya, Singapore, Burma (Japanese Army);
and I think that's all. I dimly remember that units were involved in the Dutch East Indies, but just can't put my finger on that.

You are the only person likely to have a good bibliography covering the entire British Indian Army, not just the Indian Army units and their predecessors.
My ignorance ,so they fought at number of places i was not aware of ...I would be interested in WWI and WW2 to know more about there contributions and specially where the commands were given to one of them

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
My ignorance ,so they fought at number of places i was not aware of ...I would be interested in WWI and WW2 to know more about there contributions and specially where the commands were given to one of them

What ignorance? 90% of the members wouldn't do even half the list.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
That would have me devoting close to an hour at least everyday replying to all the tags :)
Yes , you should start this it will be very interesting and knowledgeable ...keen student like me will be eager to visit the past in this timeline as described by @Joe Shearer ....

What I had in mind was to compose a draft (I'll talk about the overarching architecture separately), run it past J, and then publish. Two or three a week, max.

Tps77

Reactions
330 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Sorry cannot watch the video its too lengthy ......... however,

I wish I could share my childhood audio tape recording, lost it now (we had that National ka radio player that we used to run on four dry big battery cells) ....... when I was a little village boy far from media tv and electricity .......... you would forget this commentary and run for your life `o--o`

My younger brother (when we grew up, he is military now) ....... he would taunt me aur Hindu kay dushman ......

And seriously people don't pay any attention to commentators or commentary ......... we are busy looking at beautiful Nasr and tanks and trucks and jets and music played for the parade .......... that is more than enough for our bloody civilian ears ..... why would we listen to another bloody civilians commentary during that?

You should read PMA's passing out Oath .......... no mention of any country or enemy.

You have to write an article on Pakistan Military Music and bands. :mad: Get started now ............
Btw U Guys should had given me topic other then military.:p

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
And seriously people don't pay any attention to commentators or commentary ......... we are busy looking at beautiful Nasr and tanks and trucks and jets and music played for the parade .......... that is more than enough for our bloody civilian ears ..... why would we listen to another bloody civilians commentary during that?
Nasr - reminds me of Abu Nasr