Comms check! | Page 9 | World Defense

Comms check!

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello guys, i have not seen @I.R.A @Tps77 for a while now. I hope you guys are doing well.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Hello guys, i have not seen @I.R.A @Tps77 for a while now. I hope you guys are doing well.

Hi I am still around lurking, going through that phase where you feel bored and not intelligent enough to participate in any serious debate. Its the change of season as well ........ spring has started, feeling (zzZ) all the time.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi I am still around lurking, going through that phase where you feel bored and not intelligent enough to participate in any serious debate. Its the change of season as well ........ spring has started, feeling (zzZ) all the time.

Lol I know how that feels but seriously missing all the debates. I would like to have interesting debates on topics like cosmology and the beginning of the universe, rationality, god existence and so on. Can not wait to engage in with great intellectuals like yourself, @Joe Shearer and the rest interested.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Lol I know how that feels but seriously missing all the debates. I would like to have interesting debates on topics like cosmology and the beginning of the universe, rationality, god existence and so on. Can not wait to engage in with great intellectuals like yourself, @Joe Shearer and the rest interested.

Intellectual ............ §§• <)0(> ............. Joe should write his own dictionary you know.

Why don't you start something and we can learn and contribute.? )0-0(

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Intellectual ............ §§•<)0(> ............. Joe should write his own dictionary you know.

D:-DD:-DD:-DD:-D @Joe Shearer that is so true. He uses an old kind of english I sometime find hard to comprehend but its actually a good thing for me I can learn how to be sophisticated in writing.

I will prepare a topic by tomorrow Inshallah.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
D:-DD:-DD:-DD:-D @Joe Shearer that is so true. He uses an old kind of english I sometime find hard to comprehend but its actually a good thing for me I can learn how to be sophisticated in writing.

I had a retired Pakistani Colonel working with me in a company, where we have diverse set of people from different countries working. That Colonel sahib would use such language in his emails ....... and sometimes the Americans would ask him what the hell this word means, who uses it anymore......

Insha ALLAH ............ will anxiously wait for it.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I had a retired Pakistani Colonel working with me in a company, where we have diverse set of people from different countries working. That Colonel sahib would use such language in his emails ....... and sometimes the Americans would ask him what the hell this word means, who uses it anymore......

Its a actually a good thing to be such an eloquent person, a speaker whom people would want to listen to all the time. Its no secret that I like to read what you and @Joe Shearer writes although it take me to read what Joe writes twice to grasp the message. People who uses such style do actually reads many old books specially history and literature or books that are translated from different language especially Arabic to english. Arabic on the other is very very sophisticated language full of meanings and what not. I sometime if i want to look fancy and stuff would write in classic Arabic and then translate to english.|0|

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Its a actually a good thing to be such an eloquent person, a speaker whom people would want to listen to all the time. Its no secret that I like to read what you and @Joe Shearer writes although it take me to read what Joe writes twice to grasp the message. People who uses such style do actually reads many old books specially history and literature or books that are translated from different language especially Arabic to english.

He is a treasure trove of knowledge and history. Glad that we have him to learn from him.

Arabic on the other is very very sophisticated language full of meanings and what not. I sometime if i want to look fancy and stuff would write in classic Arabic and then translate to english.|0|

I intend to learn Arabic ........ like properly joining some University. Its in my to do list Insha ALLAH. For the time being I have International Islamic University in mind ........... depends on how the things unfold, for the time being the first thing is to retire and have some own setup etc

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India

For me, it doesn't matter; 'winter, spring, summer or fall', my medical condition makes me sleepy unexpectedly, usually when I'm driving, or in the middle of a very difficult, complicated posssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss - like that. You are lucky to feel sleepy only in spring.

That would depend on the rules of the forum. Perhaps this, like many/ most others, discourages religious topics, or topics that can move across easily into religion, and from there, into bitter arguments and quarrels. I feel that we need to check each thread with the WebMaster or with Khafee, to make sure we don't start something that we can't finish.

Intellectual ............ §§•<)0(> ............. Joe should write his own dictionary you know.

There are already two, TWO, heavyweights on my case, and you have to pour fuel on that fire! :mad:

Waiting with interest!

Well, I AM old!! 68 in August.

It is true, I suppose, I do write a very dated kind of language.

On one occasion, I was sitting with two others who were earnestly persuading me to call up and warn another person that his calls to these two were not appreciated. So I called, and said," Listen, XYZ, don't keep calling ABC or DEF, they are getting ratty about it!" He said nervously that he would stop, I said I was happy to hear that, and disconnected. On turning around, I found those two gentlemen staring at me with glassy stares; they could have had marbles instead of eyes. "Who knows what getting 'ratty' means?" asked the bigger one. "But everyone uses it!", I protested. "In 1923, maybe. Nobody uses it any more!", he snarled.

Two of my most severe critics are right here on this forum, telling me rude things about my 'flowery English', and asking me when I will learn to write normally, something that human beings can understand. How do I 'unlearn' what I have spent several decades on polishing and perfecting?

Looking foward.....

Insha ALLAH ............ will anxiously wait for it.

My sympathies are entirely with the Colonel.

Its a actually a good thing to be such an eloquent person, a speaker whom people would want to listen to all the time. Its no secret that I like to read what you and @Joe Shearer writes although it take me to read what Joe writes twice to grasp the message. People who uses such style do actually reads many old books specially history and literature or books that are translated from different language especially Arabic to english. Arabic on the other is very very sophisticated language full of meanings and what not. I sometime if i want to look fancy and stuff would write in classic Arabic and then translate to english.|0|

So now we know!!!!!
He is a treasure trove of knowledge and history. Glad that we have him to learn from him.

Ahem!

@jbgt90
@Khafee

I intend to learn Arabic ........ like properly joining some University. Its in my to do list Insha ALLAH. For the time being I have International Islamic University in mind ........... depends on how the things unfold, for the time being the first thing is to retire and have some own setup etc

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
For me, it doesn't matter; 'winter, spring, summer or fall', my medical condition makes me sleepy unexpectedly, usually when I'm driving, or in the middle of a very difficult, complicated posssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss - like that. You are lucky to feel sleepy only in spring.

Sir I am training a youth half my age at evenings in gym, he wanted to be my gym partner ....... previously I was involved with my own fitness and body now I have to make sure that the youth learns the art properly and builds great. Heavy training. Plus this changing seasons always make me dull and fatigued.

There are already two, TWO, heavyweights on my case, and you have to pour fuel on that fire! :mad:

How rude of you ........ I have been an admirer (read critic) for sometime.

You sir should start watching some videos where they talk like "Yo dawg check that booty" ..... "Ma man my homie .......... that some crazy sh*t man" ..... to unlearn the flowery antique lingua

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Sir I am training a youth half my age at evenings in gym, he wanted to be my gym partner ....... previously I was involved with my own fitness and body now I have to make sure that the youth learns the art properly and builds great. Heavy training. Plus this changing seasons always make me dull and fatigued.

How rude of you ........ I have been an admirer (read critic) for sometime.

You sir should start watching some videos where they talk like "Yo dawg check that booty" ..... "Ma man my homie .......... that some crazy sh*t man" ..... to unlearn the flowery antique lingua

LOL. I've been promised some terabytes of films to make a human being out of what I am. "I'm down with that."

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
LOL. I've been promised some terabytes of films to make a human being out of what I am. "I'm down with that."

Beware it not only involves changing language and speaking style but also dressing habits and taste ....... like sagging pants e.g.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Beware it not only involves changing language and speaking style but also dressing habits and taste ....... like sagging pants e.g.

LOL.

My pants sag anyway; from 44" waist to 40"; you can imagine the consequences (uniformly evil, all of them).

I have slowly gone from business informal (business suit, white shirt, tie, black Oxfords) in 2007 to khakis and white khadi shirt, socks and shoes while teaching, from 2012, to T Shirt, chinos and floaters now. Any day I will take to kurta and pajama and that will be the end-game. They need not even bathe me and change me before carting me off to the crematorium.