Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 17 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
1593433151100.png

1593434988000.png

It seems delivery of the Horus a/c's has started, and these Hercs seen landing at Nur Khan Air Base, Chaklala earlier, were indeed carrying Horus for MRF Kamra.

Without going into detail for obvious reasons, they will be utilized as follows:

1/3rd for parts
2/3rd to be inducted for fleet augmentation

Deliveries will be complete by the end of July max IA.

@Armchair @ali razza @Cookie Monster @TsAr @Zulu @Zeeman @Counter-Errorist @Gripen9 @Scorpio @Mastankhan @War Historian @TomCat @Pakhtoon yum @Safri167 @safriz @Araz @Signalian @baqai @HardTalk @Crystal-Clear @Ghessan @Mingle @farok84 @Pinnacle @Blackbirdz! @Bkbiznyc @capricorn5192 @Caprxl @PWFI @MIRauf @Old boy @Thorough Pro and others

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Thanks so much @Khafee what would we do without you my friend!

Here is my best estimate - about 20 will be Horus, and inducted into PAF as as squadron +2 . 10 more for spares.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Thanks so much @Khafee what would we do without you my friend!

Here is my best estimate - about 20 will be Horus, and inducted into PAF as as squadron +2 . 10 more for spares.
@Khafee
As i read on some mirages related website, Egypt went for 23 birds hours program out of 60 apx birds
So if got all 23 horus in them it will be good deal as all were modified around in 2010

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
View attachment 14181
View attachment 14187
It seems delivery of the Horus a/c's has started, and these Hercs seen landing at Nur Khan Air Base, Chaklala earlier, were indeed carrying Horus for MRF Kamra.

Without going into detail for obvious reasons, they will be utilized as follows:

1/3rd for parts
2/3rd to be inducted for fleet augmentation

Deliveries will be complete by the end of July max IA.

@Armchair @ali razza @Cookie Monster @TsAr @Zulu @Zeeman @Counter-Errorist @Gripen9 @Scorpio @Mastankhan @War Historian @TomCat @Pakhtoon yum @Safri167 @safriz @Araz @Signalian @baqai @HardTalk @Crystal-Clear @Ghessan @Mingle @farok84 @Pinnacle @Blackbirdz! @Bkbiznyc @capricorn5192 @Caprxl @PWFI @MIRauf @Old boy and others
Are they going to replace the Mirages which are being transferred to Bholari Air Base or otherwise and can they fire MICA?

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Mirages are not for A2A battles, they are primary strike aircrafts which are going to be used for penetration attack.
true. However having Mica as a defensive AAM is added advantage.

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Mirages are not for A2A battles, they are primary strike aircrafts which are going to be used for penetration attack.
sir,
do these horus mirages bring any added / strategic benefit or they are here for spares and add numbers ?

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
So why get these when we are supposedly getting J-10s for the same role? Shouldn't we be getting rid of mirages not getting more?

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
"My view on this and these proposed purchases"

F-16: used in initial battle to clear the sky of opposition and any immediate threats.

J-10: intruding into enemy territory to carry out strikes and pick out any vulnerable targets.

JF-17: used as support for J-10s and acts like a force multiplier. Only comes forward when J-10s need more firepower. Otherwise hangs in the back on alert.

J-15: used as the third wave to carry out deep strikes on enemy airfields and bases.

Re-f-16: brought forward and target any other fighters in enemy territory.

Repeat J-10 and J-15 deeper in.

Where do Horus fit into this?

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
So why get these when we are supposedly getting J-10s for the same role? Shouldn't we be getting rid of mirages not getting more?
Sheer numbers my friend. Do you know how many mirages we have? Even with the mirages our numbers are not good enough keeping in mind our enemy next door. Would India phase out all their Mig 21's just because they are getting 36 Rafale's. Remember we are not getting 200+ new jets.

Mirages will have there utility, secondly they are a very good test bed for testing new missiles and bombs. They are very good work horse.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
You can’t replace mirage airframe with J 10 airframe .... we are way behind Indians in numbers and to me every airframe counts ....

Horus can do precision strike better than most of our mirages ..... just imagine Indians think they are engaging regular mirage and here comes MICA pointing at them.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
@Pakhtoon yum

J-10 Talks aren’t new but quite old, Since the A version era.

However, After CPEC got finalized, The threat spectrum increased, New fronts opened, New requirements and Capacity, We were already short of fighters even then to face the numbers of IAF.

Now, The requirements of Pak Military UNTIL NOW WERE in terms of Air Warfare are
  • Area denial
  • Ground attack
  • Naval offensive
But,

PAF was missing out on two key Missions,
  • Air superiority
  • Deep strike

Air superiority role was meant to be fulfilled by F-16s which have been quite successful in that regards but not anymore in near future.

Our enemy is slowly but progressively building up, Upgrading current assets or planning to...

Deep strike role requires an aircraft with good range but the aircraft alone will be a sitting duck so it needs companions to perform EW/ECCM, Blind enemy radars and provide a cover as well as launch decoys.

This is where I think J-15D and J-10B/C combination fits in, J-15 being the growler as well as air superiority fighter in a team while J-10s are the Anti Ground Fighters in this scenario.

Definitely You will need waves while performing such an attack, A first wave of JF-17s coupled with some Anti ground deep strike J-10s, JF-17s to distract them, J-15 following closely to blind them as well as provide air support while J-10s remaining low, Go for the Hunt.

As for Your Mirage question, Bhai mein bhi jawabless hon is mamlay mein (:-) .

Shayad Bholari ke liye hon, Deep strike in Indian part of sindh or maybe Naval strike.

F-16s, Just for Area denial and Defence of the local skies.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
You can’t replace mirage airframe with J 10 airframe .... we are way behind Indians in numbers and to me every airframe counts ....

Horus can do precision strike better than most of our mirages ..... just imagine Indians think they are engaging regular mirage and here comes MICA pointing at them.
Do we use MICA ? Does HORUS have MICA ?