Iran acquires advanced anti-aircraft shield | Page 2 | World Defense

Iran acquires advanced anti-aircraft shield

sarvar_preus

Reactions
95 1 0
Country
Germany
Mate, this is not an opinion rather a fact. Iran has announced the project but on paper. Blah Blah as usual. all home made machines are either scraps or soviet junks. Show me one single achievement of Iran military industry so far.
Fateh-313: http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...ps-wary-eye-iranian-missile-buildup/32439137/
http://www.janes.com/article/53816/iran-unveils-extended-range-fateh-ballistic-missile

Qadr anti ship missile: http://defense-update.com/20111001_...locally-produced-c-802-anti-ship-missile.html

domestically produced frigates:
search;_ylt=A0LEVvcEzqBX.DcAc8YPxQt.;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcwMDU1OQRfcgMyBGZyA3locy1hdmctZmhfbHNvbnN3BGdwcmlkA2ZzNnczUkNlVExxejVjRm1NTF9oVkEEbl9yc2x0AzAEbl9zdWdnAzUEb3JpZ2luA3NlYXJjaC55YWhvby5jb20EcG9zAzAEcHFzdHIDBHBxc3RybAMEcXN0cmwDMTgEcXVlcnkDaXJhbmlhbiUyMGZyaWdhdGVzBHRfc3RtcAMxNDcwMTU2Mzgx

submarines:http://globalmilitaryreview.blogspot.com/2014/02/glimpsed-at-iranian-fateh-class-diesel.html

as for your comment on soviet "scraps". many soviet systems are still very good to this day.

Smerch

Reactions
285 1 0
Country
Belarus
Iran has a long way to go before they can build sophisticated weaponry yes, But Iran has been trying to strengthen their domestic Industry and Iran's regime does not give out money to their defense companies I heard and most of the crappy looking ones are just to get a small benefit.

sarvar_preus

Reactions
95 1 0
Country
Germany
Iran has a long way to go before they can build sophisticated weaponry yes, But Iran has been trying to strengthen their domestic Industry and Iran's regime does not give out money to their defense companies I heard and most of the crappy looking ones are just to get a small benefit.
also as propaganda & disinformation (for the really ugly stuff like the aghreb "tank"). best to make people think "they cant make something that good" rather then "we need to take them out before they get too good".
Iran nonetheless has done very well for a country under such large sanctions.
Iraq had this thrown at them & their army by 2003 was a faction of it's glory

Smerch

Reactions
285 1 0
Country
Belarus
@sarvar_preus for a person who lives in Iran, I want to ask have you seen Iranian weapons like S-300, T-72, F-14 Etc.?

sarvar_preus

Reactions
95 1 0
Country
Germany
any news on the Fateh assault rifle? is it taking the place of the KH-2002?
last news i heard about the Fateh it was still to be mass produced. in addition with another rifle called "Fajr"
the Fajr looks almost like a modified AK platform whereas the Fateh is like a cross between an M4 & FN SCAR in looks.
i have also seen some Iranian soldiers with just M4s during the photos of the sarboz-e veliat program. that said in the streets the sepah mostly just have AKMs.

KSC

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
15 0 0
Country
Canada
Mate, this is not an opinion rather a fact. Iran has announced the project but on paper. Blah Blah as usual. all home made machines are either scraps or soviet junks. Show me one single achievement of Iran military industry so far.
alalam_635341377441527466_25f_4x3.jpg

Sayyad-3_with_radar.jpg

The-white-missile-has-373-written-on-it-in-Persian-numerals.jpg

They have so many kinds of missiles, they haven't been sanctioned again by the US fo r something on paper , although that is concerned with the Ballistic missiles mainly ..

These are the pics of the Bavar-373 missiles and radar.. make of it what you want.. cheers
They also make AESA radars!

KSC

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
15 0 0
Country
Canada
I don't follow Iran and their military too much tbh, But in a S-300PMU2 battalion consists of 4 Launchers

S-300PMU-System-Architecture-S.png

This is one battery of the S-300.. Iran bought 4 batteries (original deal), That make it one division as 4 batteries of 12 TEL's each make one division.. That is 48 TEL's with 192 launchers..(see documentation on the S-300 system) and you can add many more components..

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
alalam_635341377441527466_25f_4x3.jpg

Sayyad-3_with_radar.jpg

The-white-missile-has-373-written-on-it-in-Persian-numerals.jpg

They have so many kinds of missiles, they haven't been sanctioned again by the US fo r something on paper , although that is concerned with the Ballistic missiles mainly ..

These are the pics of the Bavar-373 missiles and radar.. make of it what you want.. cheers
They also make AESA radars!

Where is the Bavar-373? I only see Chinese, North Korean and Soviet copy paste missiles! Is there anything I'm missing?

Has the system been test? All missiles Iran produce are unguided. Free fall in another word.

sarvar_preus

Reactions
95 1 0
Country
Germany
Where is the Bavar-373? I only see Chinese, North Korean and Soviet copy & paste missiles! Is there anything I'm missing?

Has the system been tested? All missiles Iran produces are unguided. Free fall in another word.

First the Qadr isn't chinese. It was based off the Noor missile which was a missile improved on the C-801 (having longer range).
'north Korean": the Rodong-1 was actually produced with Iranian scientific input & with Iranian money to fund it (as north Korea lacks funds), in addition the Shahab-3 is currently being phased out of production with the Sejjil missiles (which have no foreign base known).
If you need to look at the Bavar-373 you can look at either an Iranian news cast or you can just look at a S-300 PMU2 which is the same thing (just made with Iranian parts). better yet here is a picture of the missiles & the trucks they are on.
Iranian_Bavar-373-Air-Defense-System_040912.jpg

the Fateh-313 is 100% domestic, no foreign design known & I challenge you to provide proof of otherwise.
the Fateh-313 has been tested & is also guided. the shahab-3 has been tested (although like most of it's class, it is unguided), the sejjil missiles are undergoing trial testing, the noor/qadr family is tested & has been proven to be able to sink a ship (even a silkworm has a sunken ship or two to it's name).
As for the rest, just ask by name & i'll tell you.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
If you need to look at the Bavar-373 you can look at either an Iranian news cast or you can just look at a S-300 PMU2 which is the same thing (just made with Iranian parts). better yet here is a picture of the missiles & the trucks they are on.
Iranian_Bavar-373-Air-Defense-System_040912.jpg

The trucks and whatever they carry in this pic aren't an actual launching systems nor real missiles. Just a mockup made with painted barrel. The sign on the door says it all. Yes we can.*-^

KSC

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
15 0 0
Country
Canada
Where is the Bavar-373? I only see Chinese, North Korean and Soviet copy paste missiles! Is there anything I'm missing?

Has the system been test? All missiles Iran produce are unguided. Free fall in another word.
365055_Iran-Missile.jpg

Iran upgrades ballistic missile precision: Cmdr.

A senior Iranian military commander says the Islamic Republic has upgraded its ballistic missiles to hit moving targets with pinpoint precision.

Second-in-Command of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Hossein Salami said on Saturday that it may seem scientifically impossible, but in addition to Iran only Russia is likely to possess this technology and even the United States does not possess the technology.

“Our ballistic missiles are capable of destroying moving targets with pinpoint precision,” Salami stated.

The Iranian commander also said that Iran’s military has improved its air defense system but declined to disclose further details due to the confidential nature of the issue.

Iran has repeatedly assured other nations that its military might poses no threat to other countries and that its defense doctrine is based entirely on deterrence.

On May 30, Salami said Iran is capable of targeting strategic interests of the enemy at any location across the globe in case of any act of aggression against the Islamic Republic.

The remarks came following recent aggressive statements by US President Barack Obama against Iran.

In an address at the US Military Academy in West Point, New York, on May 28, Obama said there is an opportunity to resolve disputes over Iran’s nuclear energy program but reiterated that Washington reserves “all options” against Iran, alluding to military action.

Subsequently, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri warned that any US act of aggression against Iran will sound the death bell for the Israeli regime and see war engulfing the United States.

Press TV

KSC

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
15 0 0
Country
Canada
Gulf states invest billions in missile defences to protect against Iran

Iran counters by developing the Soumar cruise missile with a 1,200-mile range, says the International Institute for Strategic Studies
Patriot_PAC-3_3571495b.jpg

Patriot PAC-3 missiles are designed to shoot down incoming weapons Photo: Getty

The Gulf states are investing billions of dollars in advanced missile defences designed to protect their cities against attack from Iran, according to the latest survey of the global military balance.

Iran has countered by developing cruise missiles with precision accuracy and ranges of up to 1,200 miles.

From Kuwait in the Gulf’s northern waters to the United Arab Emirates near the Strait of Hormuz, five countries are installing or upgrading US-supplied missile defences. This huge investment is “driven by concern over Iran’s ballistic missile arsenal,” said John Chipman, the director of the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS).

Last April, Saudi Arabia spent $2 billion (£1.3 billion) on Patriot PAC-3 missiles, which are designed to shoot down incoming weapons. These batteries have been deployed to protect the kingdom’s oil installations along the Gulf coast, only 120 miles from Iran.

souma_3571484b.jpg
A Soumar cruise missile, which has precision accuracy and ranges of up to 1,200 miles Photo: Iranian Ministry of Defence

All of Saudi Arabia’s Gulf neighbours – with the sole exception of Oman – now possess either the same system or the less capable Patriot PAC-2. The UAE is negotiating with America for the supply of the most advanced missile shield – known as the Terminal High Altitude Area Defence (THAAD) – which can destroy incoming missiles at a range of 150 miles.

How much the Gulf states are spending is unclear, but missile defence was a large proportion their total military budget of $113 billion last year.

Iran has the biggest missile programme in the Middle East, including the Sejjil with a range of 1,250 miles. Last year, Iran unveiled the Soumar cruise missile, a ground-launched variant of a Russian model.

Douglas Barrie, a military aerospace expert at the IISS, said the Gulf states were deeply concerned by Iran’s weapons. “If you’re sitting in London perhaps it doesn’t seem too rational, but if you’re sitting in Bahrain or Saudi Arabia then it looks very rational indeed,” he said.

“The sticker price for missile defence is prohibitive but it’s more prohibitive if somebody drops a ballistic weapon on your city.”

Pointing to Iran’s cruise missiles, Mr Barrie said: “If I was sitting in Tehran, it’s exactly the kind of weapon I’d want.” He added: “If you get the right guidance systems, then you’re talking about accuracies that are within ten metres.

"If they can master the technology in terms of guidance – or if they can acquire it externally – then it will give them a very capable precision strike capability.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...missile-defences-to-protect-against-Iran.html