JF-17 related news. | Page 35 | World Defense

JF-17 related news.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
Show me a single western plateform with price tag that even come close to f16(~70m)
Aim 120c performance is infront of every one
And AESA fielded is backed by 20+ years of experience

China just fielded it first AESA while russians are yet to do do
I also am a believer of F-16s capabilities, i was talking in the context of PAF not acquiring these F-16s after 9/11 when we were at good terms with Americans and now trying to acquire it. Also the terms and conditions/US control that comes with these.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
J7 17 Thunder now carrying Sd10A BVR missile in dual racks. ( 2×2 SD10A missile )
This will not only increase JF17's weapons carrying ability but will increase it's overall BVR capability by increasing number of actual engagement

FB_IMG_1597041906799.jpg
FB_IMG_1597041908701.jpg

Baloch Pakistani

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
8 0 0
Country
Pakistan
J7 17 Thunder now carrying Sd10A BVR missile in dual racks. ( 2×2 SD10A missile )
This will not only increase JF17's weapons carrying ability but will increase it's overall BVR capability by increasing number of actual engagement

View attachment 15880View attachment 15881
Can it carry dual racks with the current engine or with newer rd93m engine? If block 2 can carry 4 bvr then why don't we see it doing just that?

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Are they increasing the size of the intakes to accomodate the increased demand of the RD93MA and to increase AoA(angle of attack) ?

Muhammad Omar

Reactions
595 17 0
Country
Pakistan

View attachment 15880View attachment 15881

This was revealed in 2017 also this was revealed in China. Still don't understand why PAF doesn't make dual Racks of SD-10 as a standard load out. Everytime we see is 2 SD-10 mounted on 2 hard points of JF-17

20200811_001512.jpg

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
This was revealed in 2017 also this was revealed in China. Still don't understand why PAF doesn't make dual Racks of SD-10 as a standard load out. Everytime we see is 2 SD-10 mounted on 2 hard points of JF-17
The heavier the payload, the higher the stress on the air frame, and subsequently higher the airframe fatigue. In peace time, not really necessary.

Secondly, the missiles are also subjected to stresses, and temperature & humidity level changes.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
The heavier the payload, the higher the stress on the air frame, and subsequently higher the airframe fatigue. In peace time, not really necessary.

Secondly, the missiles are also subjected to stresses, and temperature & humidity level changes.
But had PAF adopted this on 27 Feb and afterwards or not?

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
But had PAF adopted this on 27 Feb and afterwards or not?
Why would PAF play around with its wild cards ?

PAF isn’t a marketing agency, It’s a professional Defense Entity.

It’s purpose is not to please you or me but to ensure security of our Air

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Now that is "OPSEC".

Safe to say, it is available for use, when they want to.
In easy terms,
Dual Rack isn’t the base layout of Thunder, Rather it “CAN BE” provided upon mission profile and need.

Means, Available but not highly recommended.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
Why would PAF play around with its wild cards ?

PAF isn’t a marketing agency, It’s a professional Defense Entity.

It’s purpose is not to please you or me but to ensure security of our Air
I was responding to @Khafee comment regarding "stress on the airframe, airframe fatigue & not necessary in peace time" because Feb 27 and afterwards was not peace time and i, personally, never read anywhere about PAF's adopting dual racks. Besides, khafee also commented by saying it is "OPSEC" and I respect that.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
In easy terms,
Dual Rack isn’t the base layout of Thunder, Rather it “CAN BE” provided upon mission profile and need.

Means, Available but not highly recommended.
Depending upon the Alert status.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Why deplete the inventory by flying 4 of them when you can get the job done in less.Its a CAP not an ADA which i assume is something more alarming and needs more weapons

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
I think DCS represents the closest open source modelling there is based on technical parameters. The JF-17 is somewhere between the F-18 and F-16 in its ITR and STR. In DCS, JF-17 STR rivals F-16s, and is just short of F-18 ITR.

In short, it's more balanced and better suited than F-16 design wise (I don't mean F-16s thrust advantage). Modern air combat is less and less likely to end up in post-merge dog fighting. Instead, BVR and then first pass WVR will rule the day, with HOBS missiles.

Because JF-17 has such an excellent combination of ITR and STR, this HOBS capability will be maximally utilized by it. Its also noticed in DCS by a lot of players that JF-17 cockpit is technologically superior and better arranged / planned than the F-16.

Where the JF-17 loses out is the superior thrust and load of the F-16.

Against the Rafale, the main threat from both is not fancy dogfights but rather long BVR engagements where Rafale may perhaps have the longer stick and have better EW (speculation). This would allow them to perhaps get the first shot and jam JF-17s / F-16s. It is not certain this will be the case, but the possibility exists.

PS: even in terms of dogfighting, the JF-17 is perhaps one of the best, and some would suggest the best dogfighter on DCS.

AESA radars, new EW and the PL-21 will surely help mitigate against these issues.
BVR engagement with Rafale is not a primary issue right now.......With PL15 who has more range then its meteor, it cancels that meteor effect....... but SPECTRE EW suite could be a problem still. However that SPECTRE isnt tested as yet in a proper and credible network centric warfare environment like in South Asian scenario like Operation Swift Retort.

Here will truly be a test of this system in terms of how much can it be effective against American and Chinese Tech. F16 and JFT.

REMEMBER! these both aircrafts like F16 and JF are PROVEN courtesy of swift retort in a heavy EW environment but SPECTRE is NOT YET! It will be interesting to see its performance and if it really is as effective and capable as advertised!

This is all being said without mentioning Block 3's own new and powerful EW suite that it is gonna carry, which i had said will be atleast inspired by SPECTRE, if not better then it as Pakistan had tested this system before!

There is no PL21 in JFT, its made for shooting down aerial Tankers, AWACS , transport aircrafts. PL21 is PLXX