JF-17 related news. | Page 37 | World Defense

JF-17 related news.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
If PAC / CAC does it well, they get done developing a twin launcher like the F-15s or the Grippen C/D/NG then JF-17 could carry PL-15E and PL-5E / PL-10E in tandem on the outer pylon. If rumor of wing tip strengthening are correct then it could carry 2 SD-10 on wingtips.

so something like

SD-10 , PL-15E--PL-5E/10E , Fuel-Tank , ECM-Pod , Center-Fuel-Tank , Fuel-tank , PL-5E/10E--PL-15E , SD-10
Its a question of physics but shouldn't the PL15 be placed on wingtips instead of the SD10.Firing off the missile with the longer range(PL15) from the edge allows weight reduction earlier than placing a shorther range missile (SD10) on that position.This would allows faster turning rates due to conservation of momentum.Please correct me if im wrong.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I think due to the “Overall Hack job of Dual Seater”, Place for fuel, has been allocated behind cockpit hence why we didn’t see an upward opening, Hydraulic system for Canopy.

They didn’t plan for dual seater since the start
That itself is a momentous achievement. THAT and that Blk1 didn't have an OBOG, but are upset that other Air forces ignored us.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Total bummer layout, it seems PAC went to JL-9 team instead of L-15 team for canopy design / layout.
1597155040900.png

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
OnBoard Oxygen Generating System. The system is usually placed behind pilot seat and needs around 1.5x2m space As per my understanding. hence takes space.

Earlier, We used O2 cylinders For pilots, and the drawbacks were limited timing due to limited capacity hence the jet even if refueled during a long CAP, would need to land for the Oxygen refill as the pilot won’t survive more than 3 hours. But I guess the problem was resolved somewhere along the manufacturing of Block 2 and OBOGS was installed later on.

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA
No, Not talking about the wingtip, Check your layout again, I marked the “ECM pod” Red, as the positioning as per your theory is neither on the centre or the third hp rather the New upcoming cheek hp

I see, the Chin mounted HP for pod, I did it in a hurry, should have done a better layout.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Its a question of physics but shouldn't the PL15 be placed on wingtips instead of the SD10.Firing off the missile with the longer range(PL15) from the edge allows weight reduction earlier than placing a shorther range missile (SD10) on that position.This would allows faster turning rates due to conservation of momentum.Please correct me if im wrong.

Hi,

You are wrong.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
The F-16's strategy is to carry the AMRAAM on the wing tips and fire them off, then the Sidewinders come into play from an underwing pylon. This supposedly helps with better center of gravity.

This is actually a minor issue but the truth of it (according to other sources) is that the F-16s use AMRAAMs on the wingtips to keep the wing stable from flutter. Americans are to embarrassed to admit this openly so made up a likely story about the AMRAAM on the wingtips.

JF-17 may or may not be able to carry a BVR on the wing tips. This is classified information and has not been revealed (I tried asking aeromerix and he stated its classified and he can't reveal it).

Muhammad Omar

Reactions
595 17 0
Country
Pakistan
Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Mujahid Anwar Khan evaluate the flight performance of the recently inducted #JF17B
(Dual Seater version).

20200813_142808.jpg
20200813_142816.jpg
20200813_142811.jpg
20200813_142813.jpg

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Chief of the Air Staff PAF review for flight performance of JF-17B

Last edited:

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
The F-16's strategy is to carry the AMRAAM on the wing tips and fire them off, then the Sidewinders come into play from an underwing pylon. This supposedly helps with better center of gravity.

This is actually a minor issue but the truth of it (according to other sources) is that the F-16s use AMRAAMs on the wingtips to keep the wing stable from flutter. Americans are to embarrassed to admit this openly so made up a likely story about the AMRAAM on the wingtips.

JF-17 may or may not be able to carry a BVR on the wing tips. This is classified information and has not been revealed (I tried asking aeromerix and he stated its classified and he can't reveal it).
So that explains it !.Always thought it had something to do with the sequence of missiles that would be used in an engagement.Thanks.