Pakistan approaches Riyadh for renewal of $3.2b oil facility | Page 8 | World Defense

Pakistan approaches Riyadh for renewal of $3.2b oil facility

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Do you think it's about SMQ and kashmir and money?
My mind is not accepting it.
Let’s see. The fourth and Fifth element is China, and Iran.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
If my house was on fire and you walked away, when your house catches fire, you honestly think I will care? Especially, after standing by you for decades?
Right Sir, when they ask for military assistance in Yeman2016. Opposition parties took a stand and many govt members also support them in voting in parliament. So they stop the forces for yeman war, it was shocking situation for KSA. Because they always help Pakistan morally, financially at every time of need. And Pakistan backstab them. Just after that incident two major things happen.

1- FATF. Where Pakistan loose support of friends and was put on the grey list.

2- Anwar gargash UAE interior minister shout against Pakistan.

Even after these two incidents Pakistan never consider its allies anger, and keep following the neutral line. Which was irritating for GCC.
Saudua always support Pakistan with billions of dollars, but we fail to respond in their time of need. Even in 1990, when Kuwait was under the iraqi aggression. Our top military command fail to make a consensus on sending troops to saudia. And Egypt took the advantage and send 50 K troops and right off all his loans. And in Pakistan mostly people was taking the photos of Saddam Hussein in rallies. The same Saddam who put weapons in the Islamabad embassy for BLA in 1974, and caught red handed. All the wars of 1965, 1971 they supported india because of following Soviet lines. And we stupid Pakistani were supporting him on his attack on kuwait and follow up attack preparation on saudia. Even before the war Pakistani were most stronger in kuwait but, after watching these Pakistani rallies videos( indian diplomat shows these videos to him) . Ameer e Kuwait change his policy towards Pakistan. They start prefer indian instead of Pakistani labour.

What we gain to support saddam publicly??
Lossing jobs for millions Pakistani in Kuwait, for dumb saddam.

Same lines we took in yeman war and again Egypt was there to take the advantage. And we loose every times for these dumb people who love other countries more than their own people.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
While what happened was regretful,times like these show that oil imports should have diversified sources.
Look carefully, "sources" is NOT the issue, the payment is. The terms the Saudis were giving, no one else is even near.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
Look carefully, "sources" is NOT the issue, the payment is. The terms the Saudis were giving, no one else is even near.
I was watching a TV show and the anchor said that there were no deferred payments of oil because most of the time Saudis write off the payments. Even, if we had for all the oil purchases (which I doubt highly) I don't think anyone other than KSA will give us deferred payment facility.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
They were also planning to make a refinery and the emiratis also said the same thing.Whatever happened to that i dont know.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
They were also planning to make a refinery and the emiratis also said the same thing.Whatever happened to that i dont know.

An MOU was signed during Musharraf's time for a Refinery + Petrochemical plant. Since then, it has been dragging on.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
A MOU was signed during Mushraffs time for a Refinery + Petrochemical plant. Since then, it has been dragging on.
There was alot of fanfare about it when both MBS and MBZ visited in 2019 as both discussed the topic.But as the thing with most things here people forget/topic goes to backburner.If the proposal would ever materialise the ROI for pakistan would be immense.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
There was alot of fanfare about it when both MBS and MBZ visited in 2019 as both discussed the topic.But as the thing with most things here people forget/topic goes to backburner.If the proposal would ever materialise the ROI for pakistan would be immense.
When Pakistanis themselves, are thier own worst enemy, nothing much can be done.