Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,702 124
Country
Pakistan
Not without upgrades.

@Gripen9 ?
Yes. Hellfire has 2 versions 1) Laser Designated 2) mmWave radar guided.
For the first version you need a laser designator which the Ah1F lacks. For the second version you need the MMW radar to designate.
Secondly the hellfire missile is substantially heavier than TOW which is the main armament for AH1F. I don't think the original single engine AH1F has the power to carry full compliment of 8x Hellfire and 70mm rockets.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,702 124
Country
Pakistan
Will they be upgraded?
I don't think so. These a fatigued 40+ year old airframe.
You will need to extensively upgrade the electronics, most probably cockpit digitization, changing to twin engine layout (ala Bell 412) with 4 blade rotor set up. Not worth it.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,702 124
Country
Pakistan

PA could do this, if they think that its worth the effort. They could go for possibility of doing it in House with Bell support, pick up another 20-40 used and bring the total to 80 odd AH1S along with 30+ Zs and you will have a very potent Anti-Armor Heli force.

You can then comprise the squadron as 2Zs leading the 3 Ss.
These still can't fire hellfires.

MIRauf

Reactions
202 5
Country
USA
These still can't fire hellfires.
Sorry I wasn't aware that they couldn't, as i was just going by the article, halfway down. I stand corrected then, what went wrong or they didn't do the full upgrade ?

"The upgrade has added new weapons, including Lockheed Martin M310 launchers for the AGM-114R Hellfire missile and seven- or 19-round 2.75in (70mm) rocket pods for BAE Systems APKWS laser-guided rockets "