Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 23 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
I'm guessing the only thing the PAF will reach for is the Block-72. The only other scenario I can think of is the Typhoon if it comes with the MBDA Meteor and Line of Credit. Otherwise, I'm not sure how any Russian plane can factor in when the US is threatening CAATSA.
PAF will not go for J-10 due to introduction of JF-17 Block III

Reactions
136 0 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF is really comfortable with the F16 it seems. Thus ease of induction is a big factor.
But past track record of delivery and curent us Pakistan relation also playing a realy big roll in other platform too. It is beauti of pak armed forces always surprises us. As they surprise endian on 27 feb

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Hi,

I have shared my point of view with a couple of resourceful people---this this F16 giveaway is kind of misleadin---. It was to confuse the Paf---. After feb26th---as Paf was looking for aircraft---.

26th feb was the pre-cursor to kashmir 370 issue---. The US threw in a monkey wrench aka F16 on behalf of india to distract Paf---.

Afghan peace process is not that big a deal for the US to give F16's to Paf---. The US has chosen that its relationship with pakistan would go from bad to worst---so the popping up of the F16 deal came as a surprise---.

If the Paf wants to get the F16's---it needs to get the J10CE's first or the SU35's---after that the F16's would be readily available---.
I always thought that F16 was a distraction and was waved to keep Pakistan engaged without real commitment. The cost of getting F16 in terms of certain conditions may not be acceptable to Pak

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
@Khafee plz shed some light plz Ur guess is??? Only educated thing left is EF
Su35 was a decoy for EF. But for EF, cash is an issue. IMO the Chinese options should be seriously looked at.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Su35 was a decoy for EF. But for EF, cash is an issue. IMO the Chinese options should be seriously looked at.
Excatly we need to understand that this is not monthly grocery that we are buying.....These deals are very tricky and dependent upon multiple factors....Just look at our neighbors, for more then 10 years they floated tender for 126 planes and evaluated every other plane in the world but ended up buying 36 in total that too after 15 years and will not get them for the next few years...

maxpane

Reactions
476 8 0
Country
Pakistan
care to elaborate.....
Tornado's option is long gonr. su 35 can impose caasta. EF is only a dream . pAf dnt have muscle. j10 c have similarities with jf 17 and easy to induct and our pilots can easily learn to use that jet