Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 56 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
What could happen if PAF remove TST guys and just avoid any Laws imposed during sale agreement of F-16 and go on an independant upgrading spree from some other source such as Turkey ozgur. I know this will have dire consequences for both us and the one giving us upgrade but i just want to imagine the lengths this situation could go to. Would that be any how persuasive enough for US to officially consider giving us upgrades without any T&C strings attached? Is TST situated in every F-16 Operating country? @Khafee @Signalian @Caprxl

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I'm clear on the Su35 being a decoy for some other jet. My question still remains regarding the approval for engines of T129.
Till now it has not happened, but "I think" it will, OR more Zulus will come.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
What could happen if PAF remove TST guys and just avoid any Laws imposed during sale agreement of F-16 and go on an independant upgrading spree from some other source such as Turkey ozgur. I know this will have dire consequences for both us and the one giving us upgrade but i just want to imagine the lengths this situation could go to. Would that be any how persuasive enough for US to officially consider giving us upgrades without any T&C strings attached? Is TST situated in every F-16 Operating country? @Khafee @Signalian @Caprxl
>>_*
This is the emoji for what you just suggested

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
The way I see it, IA:

Zulu
Viper
J-15
EF
I really am an irritating man, question too much regardless of topic category, people often point out this habit. But i didnt get it why you mention VIPER AND J-15 AND EF. Do we really 2 more platforms? The way i see it, you Put in EF as a counter to Rafale, J-15 for naval use and Vipers as it is currently.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Ok, how about this, a question as if you are a customer. Lets Forget PAF, would you prefer 24 Heavy Fighters J-15 (AESA + attractive weapons package(Unknown type let not count this)) or 36 Medium weight EFT's (T1 and T3s, restricted weapons package, AESA(Unknown type let not count this))
I would pick up Heavy Weight given that i already have a medium weight platform with me however, if the tables turn, we dont get F16s, Typhoons would be a better choice
J15 are as sanction proof as it can get. If Pak customizes it with the lastest and greatest China has to offer...it would most likely be better than Typhoon T1.

Typhoon T3 might be equal to or better(I have no knowledge of the configuration of J15 PAF might go with) than J15 but it will be very expensive...and not necessarily sanction proof. It's a multinational project so that makes it more complicated. On the other hand it offers the option of integrating meteor and leveling the playing field as far as Rafale goes.

IMO J15 would be a better choice. It has the option of J15D(wild weasel)...PAF can mix and match. Also if the jets Pak is acquiring are going to be newly made...this adds the option of acquiring the Chinese used ones later(since there's news of China looking to replace it's J15s).

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I really am an irritating man, question too much regardless of topic category, people often point out this habit. But i didnt get it why you mention VIPER AND J-15 AND EF. Do we really 2 more platforms? The way i see it, you Put in EF as a counter to Rafale, J-15 for naval use and Vipers as it is currently.
You need to understand, I'm NOT a Pak mil planner, neither am I a Pak Forces decision maker, I just post, what intel I get.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
J15 are as sanction proof as it can get. If Pak customizes it with the lastest and greatest China has to offer...it would most likely be better than Typhoon T1.

Typhoon T3 might be equal to or better(I have no knowledge of the configuration of J15 PAF might go with) than J15 but it will be very expensive...and not necessarily sanction proof. It's a multinational project so that makes it more complicated. On the other hand it offers the option of integrating meteor and leveling the playing field as far as Rafale goes.

IMO J15 would be a better choice. It has the option of J15D(wild weasel)...PAF can mix and match. Also if the jets Pak is acquiring are going to be newly made...this adds the option of acquiring the Chinese used ones later(since there's news of China looking to replace it's J15s).
The EF is more sanction proof than the Viper.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
You need to understand, I'm NOT a Pak mil planner, neither am I a Pak Forces decision maker, I just post, what intel I get.
I am extremely sorry if any of my questions might have been irritating. Sorry sir.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF has JF-17 for that purpose. PAF would have been seeking permissions for J-10 even.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I am extremely sorry if any of my questions might have been irritating. Sorry sir.
Not irritating, you just need to understand the other persons limitations. Like they say, dont shoot the messenger.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Ok, how about this, a question as if you are a customer. Lets Forget PAF, would you prefer 24 Heavy Fighters J-15 (AESA + attractive weapons package(Unknown type let not count this)) or 36 Medium weight EFT's (T1 and T3s, restricted weapons package, AESA(Unknown type let not count this))
I would pick up Heavy Weight given that i already have a medium weight platform with me however, if the tables turn, we dont get F16s, Typhoons would be a better choice
The future is of 5th and then 6th gen - so stealth will be way to go, 5th gen not 4.5 gen.
F-35 or SU-57 or J-31

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Not irritating, you just need to understand the other persons limitations. Like they say, dont shoot the messenger.
Nobody is gonna shoot you- the post you are currently assigned to , im sure you have a body guard and travel with a bit of an entourage.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
You should give a though to UCAV as future gen fighter loaded with A2A missiles.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
By no means do i want to know any thing out of limits. It's not our business to know. What my original post meant was just as a neutral forum member, you & me both. I do respect you and all others who respect their respective organizations. And yea, i do admit my mistake here, that question was sort of dragging this all into internal...Sometimes we get really excited... Khair hai, will take care.:):):) Massive respect for you

Last edited: