Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 75 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Bye the way, I don't know where to post it, but found it relevant.
Whenever we think of giving teeth (another fighter) to PAF, we always assume the capabilities of the aircrafts and our economic and maintainence capacity but ignore one important thing.
In 1965, chinese helped us with J-6, we were able to fly that.
In 2002-2003 Pak-india stand off, chinese helped us with J-7 and A-5 because those were the aircrafts in CHINESE INVENTORY which we were able to fly.
Now today, O.k, arabs and turks may help us with F-16s as we are used to it but beleive me, that help will be withdrawn with a single bark of America.
Now what we are left with to be helped with by chinese as they are not operating the JF-17s?
I want to say that, instead of pursuing more and more F-16 to fill the numbers gap for replacing mirages, if we replace the gap with mixed numbers of block III JFTs and any other fighter which chinese are using actively in their inventory, that will be much much helpful strategically inshaAllah.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Exactly this is what many of our friends failed to realize that 32-36 secondhand Typhoon fighter jets of Tranche -1 or 2 are not going to deliver the qualitative edge to PAF against IAF in any future aerial confrontation in the presences of Rafale with AESA radar, long range Meteor BVR missile, supported by upgraded Su-30MKI with powerful PESA radar and new long range air to air missiles

Sir, Hypothetically speaking, why in the world, would any one in his right mind, buy nearly 2 decades old tech? Dont you think it will be upgraded prior to delivery?

Just thinking loud here §§•

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi,

I don't know where the JF17 thread went---. Awhile ago I posted my article on the Jf 17 and suggested that the gun pod may be removed and in its placee a FUEL TANK ADDED---or the rear seat removed from the BLK B and a fuel tank and OBOGS be added.

I was just watching this video on an old aircraft---it had two cannons---the swedes removed one and added a fuel tank in its place---watch the video---at around 6:00 mark---

OBOGS has been added to Blk2 for sure.

This is our dedicated JF-17 thread:

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir, Hypothetically speaking, why in the world, would any one in his right mind, buy nearly 2 decades old tech? Dont you think it will be upgraded prior to delivery?

Just thinking loud here §§•
Austrians, germans and italians are not persuing the upgradation of tranche 1 because of high cost, instead, they find it much easy and cheap to buy new ones. Why should we be buying the costlier, less effective plateforms?
Secondly, indians are also buying meteor and MBDA failed to give PAF surety for supply of meteor, then is there any good reason to pursue that option?

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
PIA has serious Mgmt issues, it needs acid cleaning. New aircrafts should not come in, till the mgmt / admin is acid cleaned.

Hi,

Thank you very much---what we call in the auto industry is to give rusty old classic cars an ACID BATH---that is what is needed for the PAF---.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi,

Thank you very much---what we call in the auto industry is to give rusty old classic cars an ACID BATH---that is what is needed for the PAF---.
In all honesty I think the issue lies more with the people who allocate the funds. They are oblivious to the fact, that a strong Air Force automatically eases pressure of the other two sister forces.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
pak india map.JPG

@Khafee,

You better at making these triangulations.

At the corner of pakistan is gwadar---flight takes off---it is too far for the indian awacs or radar to see. The aircraft is laden with 2 Babur cruise missiles each---.

It flies down and makes a left turn get within in around 350---400 miles from the mumbai shoreline and launches its cruise missiles---turns around and is gone----.

The red line on the right is indian interceptors flying from Allahabad or another base in the vicinity to cut off the pakistani strike force.

The red line in the middle is the pakistan interceptors flown to T Bone the indian interceptors flying to intercept the indian interceptors.

In the pakistani strike force---there are aircraft loaded with AShM's as well--802's as well as CM400AKG's if they find any targets of opportunity on the way in.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
View attachment 11257

@Khafee,

At the corner of pakistan is gwadar---flight takes off---it is too far for the indian awacs or radar to see. The aircraft is laden with 2 Babur cruise missiles each---.

It flies down and makes a left turn get within in around 350---400 miles from the mumbai shoreline and launches its cruise missiles---turns around and is gone----.

The red line on the right is indian interceptors flying from Allahabad or another base in the vicinity to cut off the pakistani strike force.

The red line in the middle is the pakistan interceptors flown to T Bone the indian interceptors flying to intercept the indian interceptors.

In the pakistani strike force---there are aircraft loaded with AShM's as well--802's as well as CM400AKG's if they find any targets of opportunity on the way in.
As for the left turn, i believe IN radars will catch up and possibly intercept using Ship-borne ADS. Not SURE as I didn’t bother to check water limits of each country

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
View attachment 11257

@Khafee,

Operation Sea Dragon

1) Birds take of from Pasni, not Gawadar, and proceed to Point Alpha for refueling.

2) From Point Alpha, the proceed to Point Bravo, which is 150kms of Mumbai.

3) At Point Bravo they unload and make it make to Point Alpha.

Now you feel free to play with any scenario.

OP Sea Dragon --.JPG

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Operation Sea Dragon

1) Birds take of from Pasni, not Gawadar, and proceed to Point Alpha for refueling.

View attachment 11258

Hi,

Khafee---thank you very much for the map.

My question to you would be---if it is an air launched version of Babur---with a range of around 800 Km---ie---500 miles to target---or a cm400 akg---with a range of approx 350 miles---would it not be prudent to launch your weapons from close to the maximum range and be gone---.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Operation Sea Dragon

View attachment 11258
Had OMAN been a good & close friend to Pak, we could’ve setup a strategically important airbase around SUR... Would have been very useful to counter IN threats in advance.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Khafee---thank you very much for the map.

My question to you would be---if it is an air launched version of Babur---with a range of around 800 Km---ie---500 miles to target---or a cm400 akg---with a range of approx 350 miles---would it not be prudent to launch your weapons from close to the maximum range and be gone---.
Sir, no matter what the cap range is, scientifically i believe, the longer time / range utilization you give to it, the higher probability of your CM to fail/fry-up unexpectedly and most importantly intercepted

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
If it’s 800, keep a margin of 300, launch at 500 for higher probability

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Had OMAN been a good & close friend to Pak, we could’ve setup a strategically important airbase around SUR... Would have been very useful to counter IN threats in advance.

Hi,

Funny---funny---funny---. Oman was a part of package for Yemen war assistance---.

One day you will get to know how badly Gen Raheel Fckd up pakistan's future---.