Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive! | Page 10 | World Defense

Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF just got approval to negotiate a deal from GoP. A lot of parameters need to be covered, as well as back door consultations with PLAAF / GoC. SO this could take some time. I dont think they will sign MOU's, or there will be public confirmation of a contract, till the birds actually start landing in Pak, or China.

China i.e. till the fleet is complete. These are just a few options being explored.
Thank you for the clarification.

I am even more excited about a Su-35 deal than the F-16 Block-70/72 deal. This Flanker only looks similar to the previous ones like Su-30 & Su-27. Russia has planned this one to be it's own mainstay. This fighter adds capabilities, which up till now, have been missing from the PAF's current missions framework. Only the stealth fighter breed exceeds the efficacy of this fighter.

This truly might become a game changer, if Russia agrees on a deal regardless of expected Indian opposition to it. China could prove vital in influencing the Russians acquiesce to such a deal.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Thank you for the clarification.

I am even more excited about a Su-35 deal than the F-16 Block-70/72 deal. This Flanker only looks similar to the previous ones like Su-30 & Su-27. Russia has planned this one to be it's own mainstay. This fighter adds capabilities, which up till now, have been missing from the PAF's current missions framework. Only the stealth fighter breed exceeds the efficacy of this fighter.

This truly might become a game changer, if Russia agrees on a deal regardless of expected Indian opposition to it. China could prove vital in influencing the Russians acquiesce to such a deal.
Bro, You have been following the Su-35 saga. Given the latest updates, can you do a write up on the prospective PAF version?

maxpane

Reactions
476 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I will try to scrounge up what I have already gone through and gather whatever else I can on the topic from the net. I am neither an insider nor a military related person. :)
agree but you have good analysis about things which makes you unique :)

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
IIRC in 2016 the PAF was looking to procure 30-40 aircraft to bridge the gap / hold the fort down until the FGFA came online.

I suspect (because, at the end of the day, Pakistan's economic woes are real, and that will impact the PAF's ability to secure EXIM credit, etc) this will all boil down to one new aircraft: F-16 Block-72, Typhoon T3, or the Su-35.

This might not be the PAF's plan today, but I can see it ending up that way 6~12 months from now.

The Typhoon T3 might sound surprising, but there are some other factors at play.

First, the Consortium is serious about new exports, and one of them -- Leonardo -- opened an office in Islamabad. But otherwise, Spain, UK and Germany probably won't be against a deal (Italy is already behind it). You can also work the surprlus T1s into a T3 deal, basically say, "hey, give us about 36 T1s for free (since they're clearly not moving off the shelves) and we'll sign on for 36 T3s."

Second, since Turkey got booted from the F-35, it might look at an interim fighter itself, and I don't think it'll go Russian. I believe (so as to mend bridges with Europe) it'll seriously consider the Typhoon.

Third, the T3 gives the PAF both a twin-engine heavy plus direct interoperability with the F-16s. The F-16, T3, and (if possible) T1 can operate from the very same air bases and use the same assets (Erieye AEW&C, AMRAAM, JDAM, etc). Plus, psychologically, it negates whatever sense of superiority India believes it'll have with the Rafale, they too will have to look towards FGFAs more seriously.

Combined, a F-16 Block-72 and Su-35 program (based on @Khafee leaks) amounts to almost $9 bn. You can certainly negotiate with the EU for 36 Typhoon T3s plus, potentially, 24~36 surplus T1s. If all this is accurate, word of the PAF's negotiations with LM and UAC will get out; if @Khafee can appraise us of AHQ discussions, then surely, someone will have spoken to Leonardo et. al.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
IIRC in 2016 the PAF was looking to procure 30-40 aircraft to bridge the gap / hold the fort down until the FGFA came online.

I suspect (because, at the end of the day, Pakistan's economic woes are real, and that will impact the PAF's ability to secure EXIM credit, etc) this will all boil down to one new aircraft: F-16 Block-72, Typhoon T3, or the Su-35.

This might not be the PAF's plan today, but I can see it ending up that way 6~12 months from now.

The Typhoon T3 might sound surprising, but there are some other factors at play.

First, the Consortium is serious about new exports, and one of them -- Leonardo -- opened an office in Islamabad. But otherwise, Spain, UK and Germany probably won't be against a deal (Italy is already behind it). You can also work the surprlus T1s into a T3 deal, basically say, "hey, give us about 36 T1s for free (since they're clearly not moving off the shelves) and we'll sign on for 36 T3s."

Second, since Turkey got booted from the F-35, it might look at an interim fighter itself, and I don't think it'll go Russian. I believe (so as to mend bridges with Europe) it'll seriously consider the Typhoon.

Third, the T3 gives the PAF both a twin-engine heavy plus direct interoperability with the F-16s. The F-16, T3, and (if possible) T1 can operate from the very same air bases and use the same assets (Erieye AEW&C, AMRAAM, JDAM, etc). Plus, psychologically, it negates whatever sense of superiority India believes it'll have with the Rafale, they too will have to look towards FGFAs more seriously.

Combined, a F-16 Block-72 and Su-35 program (based on @Khafee leaks) amounts to almost $9 bn. You can certainly negotiate with the EU for 36 Typhoon T3s plus, potentially, 24~36 surplus T1s. If all this is accurate, word of the PAF's negotiations with LM and UAC will get out; if @Khafee can appraise us of AHQ discussions, then surely, someone will have spoken to Leonardo et. al.
It's all economics and export recent example is KSA Merkal Govt banned to sell Arms to KSA due to Yemen but they lifted the bann due to poor arms exports If Pak has some money they all have intel at embassies they won't hasitat to offer T3 along T1. New world Human Rights and liberalism are matter of past every thing sums up in money.But again American won't let this money to end up in EU and even to Russia they will come up with better offer may F15 same league with typhoon.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Russia Completes Delivery of Su-35 Fighter Jets to China for $2.5Bln
April 17, 2019

Russia has completed the delivery of Su-35 combat aircraft to China in defiance of U.S. sanctions, Russia’s military and technical cooperation agency told state media Tuesday.

Russia and China signed a $2.5 billion deal on the delivery of 24 Sukhoi Su-35s in 2015, making it the first foreign buyer of the fourth-generation multirole air superiority fighter. The United States imposed sanctions on the Chinese military last September for buying 10 Su-35s in 2017 and missile systems in 2018 from Russia.

“In compliance with the contract, all the Su-35 planes have been delivered to the foreign customer,” the Federal Service for Military and Technical Cooperation told the state-run TASS news agency.

The first batch of 10 Su-35s was delivered to Сhina in December 2016, followed by 10 more in December 2017, according to Tokyo-based The Diplomat news magazine. The last batch was expected to be delivered in December 2018.

The U.S. found China's Equipment Development Department (EDD), the branch of the Chinese military responsible for weapons and equipment, in breach of a sweeping U.S. sanctions law punishing Moscow for meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

Reuters contributed reporting to this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.