Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive! | Page 27 | World Defense

Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
You'd be a fool to consider the modren j-15 an easy prey.
Welcome to the forum, kindly avoid personal attacks, we 14-15 active members are what makes this place suitable for healthy discussion. The points you raised were healthy, good. Indicates your good knowledge level. But kindly avoid using words to keep this forum unlike pdf where all kids are wrecking havoc

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Both SU35 and J15 are low level platforms as compared to EF if upgraded. EF may perform almost all roles which the mentioned platforms can as well as may counter Rafael easily. On other hand Su35 with PESA/huge size and J15 with perhaps AESA/ Huge size shall be easily detectable by any hostile jets of IAF and should be considered easy prey.

Lastly,
I wouldn’t take a custom built chinese flanker lightly given the deadly capabilities it’s brother J-16 offers, J-15D is no lesser
Sir,
Who said that J-15 were a counter for Rafale? J-15 is intended for naval ops. It suits perfectly for this job. Will give a huge boost to our naval power. Secondly, Rafale is to be countered with Block 70/72 procurement and upgrade as well as and i really hope that this might become the case is Block 3 with very good BVR capabilities, radar and ECM/EW capabilities. There is a reason why we are taking time and delaying the block 3, we need a perfect end product...

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
The Su-35 and the Sino-Flankers J-16, J-15 & the still awaited J-11D have much reduced RCS due to extensive use of RAM.

Furthermore, RCS depends more on the shape and the material of an object. Shape is responsible for diverting part of the incident radar waves and the material in absorbing a part of the incident radar waves. Hence proper usage of material and shape will both result in reduced reflected radar waves than thus reduce the RCS.

That is why the F-22 being much bigger than the JF-17 and the F-35 has the smallest RCS of all. Size will only come into play when the material and shape of two objects are similar.

Wolf-PK

Reactions
1,011 27 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir,
Who said that J-15 were a counter for Rafale? J-15 is intended for naval ops. It suits perfectly for this job. Will give a huge boost to our naval power. Secondly, Rafale is to be countered with Block 70/72 procurement and upgrade as well as and i really hope that this might become the case is Block 3 with very good BVR capabilities, radar and ECM/EW capabilities. There is a reason why we are taking time and delaying the block 3, we need a perfect end product...

Dear @TomCat...we need to wait further for KLJ-7A performance evaluation...after all it is newly developed ....Blk3 may be come out for testing but I doubt we will go ahead with this AESA radar.....production is scheduled in two to three years...we might be looking for Grifo-E or other compatible options.....Here again, we are strangled by PL-15.

Wolf-PK

Reactions
1,011 27 0
Country
Pakistan
My question, if Meteors & Grifo-E ...are somehow be available for PAF...would we go for KLJ-7A?

Wolf-PK

Reactions
1,011 27 0
Country
Pakistan
@AliYusuf Are the Chinese manufacturing KLJ-7A or just assembling it?
any idea?
KLJ-7A is being developed by Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology (NRIET), also known as the China Electronics Technology Company's (CETC's) No. 14 Research Institute

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
KLJ-7A is being developed by Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology (NRIET), also known as the China Electronics Technology Company's (CETC's) No. 14 Research Institute
Its origin is somewhere else. I just want to know if Chinese got it with complete TOT.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
@AliYusuf Are the Chinese manufacturing KLJ-7A or just assembling it?
any idea?
It is a Chinese radar, built by NRIET.

Based on what ma'am messiach shared on PDF, the new AESA is being locally assembled/manufactured with a high degree of assistance from the Chinese. The benefit of this approach is that we will be the owners of the underlying source code and we can decide what munitions are to be integrated with it.

My take on it would be like the new AESA is being worked on by us base-lined on the NRIET KLJ-7A AESA innards.
But that is just my opinion.

Its origin is somewhere else. I just want to know if Chinese got it with complete TOT.
Not aware of this as being a trustworthy news.
Don't sell the Chinese short. They have the world's first field tested Quantum Radar prototype.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
It is a Chinese radar, built by NRIET.

Based on what ma'am messiach shared on PDF, the new AESA is being locally assembled/manufactured with a high degree of assistance from the Chinese. The benefit of this approach is that we will be the owners of the underlying source code and we can decide what munitions are to be integrated with it.

My take on it would be like the new AESA is being worked on by us base-lined on the NRIET KLJ-7A AESA innards.
But that is just my opinion.

Not aware of this as being a trustworthy news.
Don't sell the Chinese short. They have the world's first field tested Quantum Radar prototype.
It's ELM of Israel.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Dear @TomCat...we need to wait further for KLJ-7A performance evaluation...after all it is newly developed ....Blk3 may be come out for testing but I doubt we will go ahead with this AESA radar.....production is scheduled in two to three years...we might be looking for Grifo-E or other compatible options.....Here again, we are strangled by PL-15.
I would really be extremely disappointed and pissed if in the end, we eventually opt for grifo, the option has been on table for some time, offered to us before as well, ready to be delivered upon an order.

Reason we are looking into chinese is that we might expect something better in terms of range than grifo/raven. And giving us ToT, so that we can study or get some experience in the tech

Secondly, Quwa used to mention Selex AESA. Which model they mean by that? Raven? KRONOS?

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
It's ELM of Israel.
It was a rumor.
Just a so called insider leak initially from a western source that got viral for a while but then died down.
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
It was a rumor.
Just a so called insider leak initially from a western source that got viral for a while but then died down.
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion.
Yes, I am on that side till today.
But question remains would Pakistanis have access to sw code?
Because our beloved ones don't care about Turkish pods either.
@Mastankhan

Status
Not open for further replies.