Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive! | Page 30 | World Defense

Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir main issue with both J15 and J31 are their under powered engines otherwise why China has not yet found any customer of J31. Even Turkey has reportedly preferred Su35 over Chinese jets.
In addition every platform has it's characteristics but they should also fit in with the requirements of the purchasing country. If Chinese are able to upgrade J15s with powerful engines then the jet may come at par with other latest flankers and shall be suitable for naval role otherwise may prove to be a burden for Pak.

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Dear Brother, this issue you mention is common on all of indigenous chinese jets regardless of firm, be it J-20/J-16/J-11-31
Chine has already bested WS-13 for thunder and WS-10G for J-10. J-20 engine still needs some 1 and a half years max given their fast pace.
We should definitely put a focus on getting ToT of Chinese engines for getting a good know how on Turbine, Engine MANUFACTURING

Sir I appreciate that you have accepted one issue of Chinese jets and perhaps due to reliability issue PAF has still not adopted the Chinese WS10 for JF17. As for engine TOT Chinese are perhaps not so simple to give us the technology on which still they themselves have not been able to be mastered upon. Further even if they are persuaded they shall demand heavy returns for that favor as India with more resources is still struggling to develop own engines.

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Can you plz f’in kick those out talking about under powered engines.

plz kindly launch them.
The God has spoken from the heavens the God himself from heavens come on man I used to enjoy your comments. Please get me kicked out as well as I reiterate the underpowered engines.
You have connections.

New World

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Pakistan
The God has spoken from the heavens the God himself from heavens come on man I used to enjoy your comments. Please get me kicked out as well as I reiterate the underpowered engines.
You have connections.

So, you want Formula ONE like race between J-15 and Su-30MKi/Mig-29UPG. and those who comes first will take over the opponent country..

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
So, you want Formula ONE like race between J-15 and Su-30MKi/Mig-29UPG. and those who comes first will take over the opponent country..
What a misunderstood post, no I want a plane which will not be on the the ground for a lot of time for engine problems and goes up in the air as and when needed.

New World

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Pakistan
What a misunderstood post, no I want a plane which will not be on the the ground for a lot of time for engine problems and goes up in the air as and when needed.

Sir, these things comes under the engine's reliability and performance. being underpowered or overpowered has nothing to do with that..

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
No issue with the WS-10H engines anymore. Those teething problems existed for J-16 as well. These have been rectified. No crashes for J-15 for the last 3 years. For your information, J-15B's engines are the same as those of the J-16. Which have higher thrust than the engines of the Su-30MKI.

Issue is primarily with the Ski-Jump system of the Liaoning Aircraft Carrier (Formerly known as the Riga/Varyag of the Soviet Navy Admiral Kutznetsov Class). This do not allow the Flying Shark to take-off with it's full weapons and fuel loadout because of the Ski-Jump system. There has been a rumour that a powered catapult system has been retrofitted on the Liaoning. But cannot be confirmed.

A new indigenously built Chinese Carrier has the powered catapult system like most of the US carriers. It is undergoing sea trials since may this year. It is going to house 36 of the J-15Bs & J-15Ds. The J-15s will have no issue's operating on full mission load & range anymore.

But most importantly, we are not going to operate it from an aircraft carrier anyways ... as we don't have one. So removing the arrester-hook mechanism can further free up space and reduce empty weight and further increase range.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
The engine issue that you are talking about was like a decade ago, secondly the engine was underpowered when taking off from the Carrier ski jump and that has also been taken care off...

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Can you plz f’in kick those out talking about under powered engines.

plz kindly launch them.
This is what happens when people excessively use google but no their brains, engine being under powered was a news like a decade ago. Members are just punching in J-15 and whatever comes up first they post it here without reading the dates and confirming it...

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
This is what happens when people excessively use google but no their brains, engine being under powered was a news like a decade ago. Members are just punching in J-15 and whatever comes up first they post it here without reading the dates and confirming it...
Yes and China was removing these planes a decade ago, China is removing them from service now.
Pakistan has not money to waste. Su30 MKI needs extensive maintenance after sorties. If you are adding an underpowered engine this will not help reduce maintenance and turnaround time.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes and China was removing these planes a decade ago, China is removing them from service now.
Pakistan has not money to waste. Su30 MKI needs extensive maintenance after sorties. If you are adding an underpowered engine this will not help reduce maintenance and turnaround time.
What will China operate from it's 3 carriers if it's getting rid of J15? Do you know what's the difference between a naval aircraft and one for airforce?

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Su30 are notorious for heavy maintenance and the turnaround time is not the best. An under powered engine does not help reducing routine maintenance. It needs more.
If the problems are solved then it is fine as Pak does not have many options. However if the remaining frame life is not reasonable then we have to look. But if it gives us a couple of squadron for naval wing or deep strikes I guess it is ok. We are not making the decision here. There is no need for using foul or derogatory language use.
it shows the intolerance which is becoming a hall mark of people of our region.
No different than uneducated people. Let me correct myself there is difference and that is the arrogance.

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Sir, these things comes under the engine's reliability and performance. being underpowered or overpowered has nothing to do with that..
To me underpowered is already being pushed to limits or will reach it end of life quicker or it will need more maintenance

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Su30 are notorious for heavy maintenance and the turnaround time is not the best. An under powered engine does not help reducing routine maintenance. It needs more.
If the problems are solved then it is fine as Pak does not have many options. However if the remaining frame life is not reasonable then we have to look. But if it gives us a couple of squadron for naval wing or deep strikes I guess it is ok. We are not making the decision here. There is no need for using foul or derogatory language use.
it shows the intolerance which is becoming a hall mark of people of our region.
No different than uneducated people. Let me correct myself there is difference and that is the arrogance.
The engine was considered underpowered to operate from the carrier, we don't have a carrier, J-15 that we are getting are going to be flown from land so it will be a different variant and lighter in weight.
Carrier based planes are heavy as they have a hook attached with then and there underbelly is made more rigid and strong. It landing gear is also heavy , all this adds weight to the plane and plus it has to take off from a very short runway.

Status
Not open for further replies.