Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive! | Page 31 | World Defense

Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
The God has spoken from the heavens the God himself from heavens come on man I used to enjoy your comments. Please get me kicked out as well as I reiterate the underpowered engines.
You have connections.

Hi,

It has been proven over and over---under powered is a myth carried on from the 60's 70's 80's and there is no substance to it in the modern warfare since 1st gulf war---.

Give one major air combat proof of modern warfare where "under powered" has been a problem---.

The under powered Tomcat had no competition---. Then the F15 came---barely doing 6 G's and none could stand against it---.

Air combat is about fighting from a position of strength & maintaining that position---if not possible---then getting out of the arena---to run away---.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
To me underpowered is already being pushed to limits or will reach it end of life quicker or it will need more maintenance

Hi,

What difference does it make if it reaches end of natural life quicker---?

Long life is not the primary job of a weapon or a weapons system---. If it lasts long---that is good---.

Its job is to provide you service NOW---for the problems that you have today---.

The enemy has many a powerful machines---almost all of them have more power than needed---the SU30---the M2K---the mig 29---and now the Rafale---yet the enemy is still crying---why is that @Khafee---why is the enemy still crying---?

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
I am sorry but your concept is all messed up....
Really life is about balance ratios and so is technology. I do not know who’s concept is messed up. If you say that the engine is low powered it is ok but if it is underpowered it means different. Low powered go slow carry less and it is ok. Under powered means it does not deliver for what it is built. Remember this is Chinese engines who are working on improving engine performance and have a lot of manpower. They are a long way from perfection and reliability. They will get there and hope they do soon.
Do not feel sorry for me but I appreciate the concern and I feel the sincerity.

Last edited:

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
The engine issue that you are talking about was like a decade ago, secondly the engine was underpowered when taking off from the Carrier ski jump and that has also been taken care off...

Hi,

The US navy has been flying 'under powered' engines for a long time from its carriers---.

They found a way---they would load up the aircraft with maximum allowed weapons and minimal amount of fuel to take off---once the aircraft got in the air---it would hook up with a tanker immediately and fill up and go on its merry way---.

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Hi,

What difference does it make if it reaches end of natural life quicker---?

Long life is not the primary job of a weapon or a weapons system---. If it lasts long---that is good---.

Its job is to provide you service NOW---for the problems that you have today---.

The enemy has many a powerful machines---almost all of them have more power than needed---the SU30---the M2K---the mig 29---and now the Rafale---yet the enemy is still crying---why is that @Khafee---why is the enemy still crying---?
Considering Pakistan's situation I agree and they may give a good punch as naval strike arm or deep strike planes. After that if we can have good interceptors or air superiority planes to counter Rafael then will be in good shape.

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
What will China operate from it's 3 carriers if it's getting rid of J15? Do you know what's the difference between a naval aircraft and one for airforce?
Do you think I do not know, come on don’t act so high and mighty. Even an idiot knows about tail hooks strengthening extra weight, wing folding mechanisms, extra thrust needed etc etc.
Do you know what is the art of convincing and acting with civility?
I am getting tired of your attitude

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Hi,

It has been proven over and over---under powered is a myth carried on from the 60's 70's 80's and there is no substance to it in the modern warfare since 1st gulf war---.

Give one major air combat proof of modern warfare where "under powered" has been a problem---.

The under powered Tomcat had no competition---. Then the F15 came---barely doing 6 G's and none could stand against it---.

Air combat is about fighting from a position of strength & maintaining that position---if not possible---then getting out of the arena---to run away---.
The problem is not in combat as much unless you are running for your life or in a dog fight.
You understand cars if a car is designed for 3.5 litre engine and you use 2 litre engine you will have problems joining the interstate or accelerating. Even if you do not go on interstate the engine will face wear and tear quicker. Now if you run the car for sight seeing going upto 30 miles per hour minimum starts and stops you will be fine. Now if you leave it in the garage it will last longer.

Wolf-PK

Reactions
1,011 27 0
Country
Pakistan
Check this:

“As a big power, China needs more carrier-based warplanes to support its naval ambitions, especially with its first home-grown aircraft carrier entering the final phase of sea trials and likely to go into service next year,” Li said.

Hong Kong military analyst Song Zhongping said the improved engine could now cope better with conditions at sea, where all naval aircraft and equipment must be able to withstand the “three highs” – temperature, humidity and salinity.
“The J-15 is so far the most developed, reliable and capable aircraft carrier-based warplane, and it will remain the backbone of China’s carrier battle groups in the future,” said Song, a military commentator for Phoenix Television.

He said Shenyang Aircraft Corporation, which makes the J-15, was developing a new-generation fighter jet for aircraft carriers, based on its FC-31 fourth-generation stealth fighter.
“Once they make more progress with developing the FC-31, it’s possible we’ll see more drills involving mixed manoeuvres using the stealth fighters and the J-15 jet fighters in the future. That would also be in line with practical operations on an aircraft carrier,” Song said

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
What will China operate from it's 3 carriers if it's getting rid of J15? Do you know what's the difference between a naval aircraft and one for airforce?

Interestingly, Khafee mentioned we will be getting 24 J15s. That's about as many as China has produced. So if we get all the J15s, what does China plan to operate from its carriers indeed? J-20 carrier is not going to be ready soon.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Interestingly, Khafee mentioned we will be getting 24 J15s. That's about as many as China has produced. So if we get all the J15s, what does China plan to operate from its carriers indeed? J-20 carrier is not going to be ready soon.
I doubt China will be giving up it's existing naval fighter fleet to Pakistan without replenishing both it's current ACs and the 3rd one fast approaching production completion. The newer PLAN Aviation stealth programs are still some years off to bear fruit. China will be retaining it's existing fleet and thus will most likely go for additional 72 J-15Bs/Ds to equip the newly built AC #2 & the under construction AC #3 (i.e. 36 each). Pakistan will probably be accommodated somewhere within that period or immediately after. Hence I would expect the fighters to come probably from 2022. Securing CPEC and the strategic direct access to the ME is also paramount to China.

Wolf-PK

Reactions
1,011 27 0
Country
Pakistan
I doubt China will be giving up it's existing naval fighter fleet to Pakistan without replenishing both it's current ACs and the 3rd one fast approaching production completion. The newer PLAN Aviation stealth programs are still some years off to bear fruit. China will be retaining it's existing fleet and thus will most likely go for additional 72 J-15Bs/Ds to equip the newly built AC #2 & the under construction AC #3 (i.e. 36 each). Pakistan will probably be accommodated somewhere within that period or immediately after. Hence I would expect the fighters to come probably from 2022. Securing CPEC and the strategic direct access to the ME is also paramount to China.

China is not giving up its naval fighter fleet to Pakistan.....China is simply planning to relocate some of its naval fleet assest "beyond Chinese Water". Hope you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.