Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive! | Page 7 | World Defense

Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
sir g i dnt have any idea cuz i dnt have much knowledge about radar . thats why i cant get what you are saying. i tried to search it on google but i was nt able to understand it. :(
Chinese PESA

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Most likely same AESA radar as that was first tested on the J-11D and then installed on the production version of the J-16 ... which has more than 1700 TRMs. Huge advantage of being an LPI radar plus decent range.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
any logical and technical reason to prefer Chinese PESA over Russian one specially when Su-35 PESA is supposedly the most powerful PESA radar operational today
Could be something to do with the integration of chinese missiles.

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
Could be something to do with the integration of chinese missiles.
may be but the change of Radar to Chinese PESA would increase cost and time as all the avionics and weapon systems would be required to be retested again due to the integration of Chinese PESA with Russian Avionics ..... so the question is IF we would not get the Technology advancement in shape of ASEA radar then why change the existing package of Su-35 which on its own merit is one of the powerful package available in the market below AESA radar and increase the cost ..... ???

We can simply ask Russians and Chinese to share source codes for weapon integration ..... or a more convenient solution is to ask to Russians to change weapon store management system of Su-35 with the one we use on JF-17 (allegedly indigenous system)

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
The Tikhomirov NIIP Irbis-E Hybrid PESA of the Su-35 has a company stated 350+ km range for 3m² RCS targets (source). Unless we get an advanced powerful AESA (LPI) radar from China (e.g. the one in J-16) I don't see any reason to change the built-in sensor.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
may be but the change of Radar to Chinese PESA would increase cost and time as all the avionics and weapon systems would be required to be retested again due to the integration of Chinese PESA with Russian Avionics ..... so the question is IF we would not get the Technology advancement in shape of ASEA radar then why change the existing package of Su-35 which on its own merit is one of the powerful package available in the market below AESA radar and increase the cost ..... ???

We can simply ask Russians and Chinese to share source codes for weapon integration ..... or a more convenient solution is to ask to Russians to change weapon store management system of Su-35 with the one we use on JF-17 (allegedly indigenous system)
There could have been several possibilities. Either the Russian are not willing to share the source codes or PAF are not impressed by russian AAM's. Coming to point of increase in cost, we would be saving some on having similar missiles for JF and SU.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
There could have been several possibilities. Either the Russian are not willing to share the source codes or PAF are not impressed by russian AAM's. Coming to point of increase in cost, we would be saving some on having similar missiles for JF and SU.
Don't the chinese Su-35s have the option of carrying both russian and chinese munitions?

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Any plane is capable of carrying any kind of munition provided source codes are available for integration.
Well then, since the chinese Su-35s can use both type of munitions, I can't see a really serious impediment in Pakistan getting a similar solution.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Well then, since the chinese Su-35s can use both type of munitions, I can't see a really serious impediment in Pakistan getting a similar solution.
These are all assumptions, we are not aware of what PAF is thinking or what have they signed up for.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
These are all assumptions, we are not aware of what PAF is thinking or what have they signed up for.
Of course. But these assumptions are based on certain known parameters. And, from what I can understand, is that it is a good solution any way the PAF chooses to proceed.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
any logical and technical reason to prefer Chinese PESA over Russian one specially when Su-35 PESA is supposedly the most powerful PESA radar operational today
I have to get a hold of my batch mate, a 2 star. Give me a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.