SAC’s YF-23 counterpart, J-20’s lost rival design “Snow Owl” revealed | Page 3 | World Defense

SAC’s YF-23 counterpart, J-20’s lost rival design “Snow Owl” revealed

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
O khan sahab -_^,

It all comes down to design and how every inch on xyz affects RCS.

Not common knowledge, those who are engineers, And related specifically to aerodynamics, Know it.

It has to do with air resistance as well as Physics of Electromagnetic spectrum
Fair enough, I was just repeating what ice heard from members. It's a very high possiblity that it's not the same design.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
So with that logic, AZM should take its first flight max by 2025, MAX
Is it a good idea to pick a losing design? The article proves how inferior it was compared to the J-20
The SAC design has horizontal stabilizers and is a single engine design...where as Azm NGF(as shown on C130) lacks horizontal stabilizers and is a dual engine. This puts the design philosophy of Azm NGF closer to CAC's J20 than SAC's fifth gen.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
The SAC design has horizontal stabilizers and is a single engine design...where as Azm NGF(as shown on C130) lacks horizontal stabilizers and is a dual engine. This puts the design philosophy of Azm NGF closer to CAC's J20 than SAC's fifth gen.
What makes people think that what was shown isnt just some artwork?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
1595368540200.png

Just a speculation.

PAF will buy a modified version of J31

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
J-20 is massive. In the article it said the one that was rejected was even longer then J-20
Just thinking loud, So what if it was rejected, it can still be used as a bomb truck.

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Just some thoughts :
To me word FC means combined fighter development.
FC1 ( PAC??+CAC??) ( 1 RD 93MA??)
FC 31 ( PAC??+SAC??) ( 2 RD 93MA??)

We went for FC1( light weight, our ??requirement)
Chinese ??went for J10 ( medium weight, their requirement)

Now if we make a double engine J10 stealthy fighter it is J20. ( same engines) but heavy weight category.

Make a FC1 double engine it will become FC 31 ( same engine) but medium weight category.

Now there are talks of 400 RD 93 MA engines. ( 200 FC-31 fighters).
As for I remember once ma'am messiach said, if Russians ?? agree to engine development, Azm is on track.

As we all know there are 3 prototypes of FC-31.
V1= tech demonstrator
V2= Air force version/ PAF?
V3= Double engine, stealthy naval version.

Chinese did not buy FC1 so the designation remained as it is i.e FC1.
Chinese buying FC 31, designation is changing to J31 / J35?
Logically it makes sense because it will decrease the financial burden between two forces. ( is there any other country involved in project? We don't know that but chances are less likely).

Will Chinese be using same engines ( RD 93 MA)? If no, we will most likely go for 100 FC-31 (200 engines), other 200 engines will be used in different blocks of FC1.
If yes, then there is split between two forces.

Now the indigenous part:
Most likely there will be Co-production as in FC1 case. ( percentage basis) or perhaps we get the whole production line?
AESA radar
BVRAAM
WVRAAM
HMD/S?
May be some other systems ( I don't have the required knowledge).

In medicine many a times more knowledgeable physicians go for difficult diagnosis, leaving a simple diagnosis in front of them.

@Mastankhan ( sir if u have time to write without dashes, I can't comprehend them).
@Khafee ( sir if u can share something in this regard if non confidential).
@TomCat @Pakhtoon yum @Gripen9
Some silly ? thoughts, you people can ignore it as well cz I don't have technical knowledge about it.

Thorough Pro

Reactions
314 6 0
Country
Pakistan
One random pic of a decade old design that lost the competition a decade ago and so many theories of buying the design, cooperation with XYZ, and back doors and blah blah blah

Previous ACM specifically said that AZM will be an "Indigenous" design.