SAC’s YF-23 counterpart, J-20’s lost rival design “Snow Owl” revealed | Page 5 | World Defense

SAC’s YF-23 counterpart, J-20’s lost rival design “Snow Owl” revealed

Aadi

Reactions
117 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Acquiring FC-31 doesn’t give us training, Developing AZM alongside a bit of Chinese help gives us many advantages, Like you said, We get experience and train a new gen of engineers.

Chinese act as a catalyst, They have some Design sheets which were never implemented, Could be used, Thus saving time. Plus, China has infrastructure ready to test and develop a Fighter, PAC falls short heavily on that.
i read somewhere that pakistani engineers are wroking with chinese in china on a very secret project to develope a fifth gen fighter for pak. under the umbrella of CPEC. idk if it is true or not does anybody has any idea about what i just said?

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
I recall Rao Qamar Suleman (ex-ACM) as saying that "We are on track to induct FC-20 within a few years, but if situation demands it, we can even induct J-10 on emergency basis."

Back at that time, only J-10A were flying and rumors of J-10B in design phase were floating around.
So the FC-20 and J-10 in the statement are actually two different birds, right ?

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
So the FC-20 and J-10 in the statement are actually two different birds, right ?
As per my humble opinion, J-10A off the shelf was never considered suitable for PAF. FC-20 which the PAF had their sights on, was a J-10 + PAF listed modifications on the basic J-10A ... due to which J-10B and J-10C became reality.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
As per my humble opinion, J-10A off the shelf was never considered suitable for PAF. FC-20 which the PAF had their sights on, was a J-10 + PAF listed modifications on the basic J-10A ... due to which J-10B and J-10C became reality.
Sir , you r absolutely right on spot. PAF has suggested number of modification in J-10A, specially the air intake fixing with the main fuslage and DSI intake. After that modification in the air intake, J-10 B become lethal like F-16 Fighting Falcon.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Difference between the J-10A and J-10B air intake are very clear in images. And it made a huge difference in aerodynamics of the two jets.

J-10 A non DSI and J-10 B built in with fuselage and DSI respectively. Thanks.
5ac5162d7a74af1e008b45db.jpeg
A325 (1)-1.jpg

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
people will keep saying whatever comes to their mind about AZM that its indigenous and blah blah blah... but problem is we cant even build a 4th gen fighter on our own how is it possible to build fifth gen fighter without having an industrial base and limited resources.
P.S; im no defense expert but im not dumb either.

Pls note item in red

Why is it impossible?
ACM talked about indigenous "design", not indigenous "manufacturing".
As an example, iPhone is an indigenous design of Apple USA but manufactured in China.