US Presidential Elections 2020 - News & Updates | Page 10 | World Defense

US Presidential Elections 2020 - News & Updates

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Most "intelligent' people in America can see the "writing on the wall" as others may in November. You are American, but we Canadians still like you.‘∞‘

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
From New York Times daily briefing:

2. The presidential campaign has largely been focused on the pandemic and the economy. That may change.​
The Supreme Court could quickly become a shared focal point for the candidates on issues from abortion and gay rights to religious liberty and environmental regulation. But Joe Biden’s campaign is sticking to what it believes is a winning strategy. Campaign aides said they would seek to link the court vacancy to the future of health care in America.​
With 23 Senate seats held by Republicans on the ballot this fall, the fight over replacing Justice Ginsburg, though centered in Washington, will sprawl across the country. The cash — and lobbying efforts — are flowing.​
With 23 REP seats up for grabs, I would imagine the DEMs are drooling at the prospects of a DEM lead Senate and House!!≈ç∂ß

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Most "intelligent' people in America can see the "writing on the wall" as others may in November. You are American, but we Canadians still like you.‘∞‘
So what does that make Canadian's that after 8 days still are waiting for some kind of warning, maybe to arrive by sailing ship from the middle east..

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
With 23 REP seats up for grabs, I would imagine the DEMs are drooling at the prospects of a DEM lead Senate and House!!≈ç∂ß
They are definitely drooling, like yourself, they can't help it and drool all the time

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
So what does that make Canadian's that after 8 days still are waiting for some kind of warning, maybe to arrive by sailing ship from the middle east..
I have no idea what you just said. You seem to be babbling.¢-∞

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I have no idea what you just said. You seem to be babbling.¢-∞
Trying to forget about that embarrassing episode with the warning from Trump I see, I would too, I think my fellow Canadians would have probably stripped me of my maple leaves

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
⚡ On ABC's "This Week," George Stephanopoulos asked Speaker Pelosi about the possibility of impeaching President Trump or Attorney General Barr as a way to stall a Supreme Court confirmation in a post-election lame-duck session.

• Pelosi replied: "Well, we have our options. We have arrows in our quiver that I'm not about to discuss right now."

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Thank goodness mtime7! You had me worried there for a second. Thought you were babbling like "Him"! :|}{

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
⚡ On ABC's "This Week," George Stephanopoulos asked Speaker Pelosi about the possibility of impeaching President Trump or Attorney General Barr as a way to stall a Supreme Court confirmation in a post-election lame-duck session.

• Pelosi replied: "Well, we have our options. We have arrows in our quiver that I'm not about to discuss right now."
I don't understand how you can impeach a sitting President twice in one term. "He" has already been through this once and seemed to have won. Once should be enough! To go through this again would be unsettling for all! Now AG Barr..... that's another "kettle of fish". Just let things play out for the next 6 weeks, and things will calm down significantly with Biden's election to the Presidency! Won't that be fun!! :--)

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
It looks as if "He" will make a decision either this Thurs/Fri on his choice for SCPOTUS, just after Guinsburg's funeral service. Wasn't that nice of 'Him". "He" want's a decision before the 3rd of Nov of course (we all know what that day is-"His last as day as POTUS!). This will never go through of course as the DEM Senators will stall & stall & stall, unless "His" appointee is acceptable to the DEMs.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
It looks as if "He" will make a decision either this Thurs/Fri on his choice for SCPOTUS, just after Guinsburg's funeral service. Wasn't that nice of 'Him". "He" want's a decision before the 3rd of Nov of course (we all know what that day is-"His last as day as POTUS!). This will never go through of course as the DEM Senators will stall & stall & stall, unless "His" appointee is acceptable to the DEMs.

If you're going to make these comments, at least find out when his administration would end, election day is not the end. Learn the very basics first then comment.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I don't understand how you can impeach a sitting President twice in one term. "He" has already been through this once and seemed to have won. Once should be enough! To go through this again would be unsettling for all! Now AG Barr..... that's another "kettle of fish". Just let things play out for the next 6 weeks, and things will calm down significantly with Biden's election to the Presidency! Won't that be fun!! :--)
You don't have a basic understanding of what's going on, that's why you don't understand.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
If you're going to make these comments, at least find out when his administration would end, election day is not the end. Learn the very basics first then comment.
"He" will be a "lame-duck" President and should not have the power after an election to confirm appointments (or pardons). These decisions should be put on hold until the new President-Elect is swarn in. To announce Ginsburg's replacement even before she is cold in the ground, and have he or she confirmed at the same time that a new President is chosen? Very distasteful, but, not out of character for "Him". This should be a by-partisan decision agreed by all parties, especially just before a national election. And that's all I need to say on this subject. We will just have to agree to disagree on this for now.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
"He" will be a "lame-duck" President and should not have the power after an election to confirm appointments (or pardons). These decisions should be put on hold until the new President-Elect is swarn in. To announce Ginsburg's replacement even before she is cold in the ground, and have he or she confirmed at the same time that a new President is chosen? Very distasteful, but, not out of character for "Him". This should be a by-partisan decision agreed by all parties, especially just before a national election. And that's all I need to say on this subject. We will just have to agree to disagree on this for now.
trying to compensate for your prior ignorant post, it's to late, everyone knows your Canadian now!