US Presidential Elections 2020 - News & Updates

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Damn Canadians

Arrest Made in Case of Poisoned Letter Sent to Trump​

A Canadian woman has been arrested in connection with a letter containing ricin that was sent to President Donald Trump.

The woman, whose name was not immediately released, was deported by U.S. officials last year after being arrested in Texas, according to The New York Times.

She was detained on Sunday while trying to enter the United States at the border of New York state and is being held pending charges that are expected to be filed against her on Monday.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Damn Canadians

Arrest Made in Case of Poisoned Letter Sent to Trump​

A Canadian woman has been arrested in connection with a letter containing ricin that was sent to President Donald Trump.

The woman, whose name was not immediately released, was deported by U.S. officials last year after being arrested in Texas, according to The New York Times.

She was detained on Sunday while trying to enter the United States at the border of New York state and is being held pending charges that are expected to be filed against her on Monday.
There are stupid and ignorant people no matter what country you come from!! Apparently she actually had 9 letters addressed to several individuals!!!:eek:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Nothing too exciting yet, will get exciting starting mid to late October. :D

People aren't too focused on voting right now from what I've seen.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi Khafee!! Great to hear from you. Perhaps but......we will never follow; always lead!!¡ª•
Thank You Ma'am, feeling is mutual. On Canada, I'll believe it, when I see it.
\~/\~/

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Nothing too exciting yet, will get exciting starting mid to late October. :D

People aren't too focused on voting right now from what I've seen.
from what I been seeing here in Chicago from co-workers, to the average Chicagoan, to social media sites like facebook, I've seen plenty wanting to vote already ( in fact a number can't wait until November comes along). however the votes vary from time to time.
some want to vote, because they are tired of the division, some want to vote because they are tired of the political swamp, some want to vote because they just want to vote. however, I've seen more and more people become really interested/involved into politics ( in terms of my friends), however myself I'm now starting to get motivated in politics, but rather just locally in Chicagoland ("federal politics" rather irritate me easy lol).

the thing that is really hitting the fan now I've noticed, is feminism.... it was a "big deal" a year or 2 ago and died off for a while, but now it's making a "title wave" comeback. I have debated with one and have irritated her on this ( of course this feminist is from the US) but I asked her simple questions but yet she either "tiptoe around" or bring up another subject that was unrelated. here were my simple questions
-why is it feminists claim to support women internationally, yet when women in foreign countries are being executed, treated horribly etc. the feminists here are silent and always go back to the so called "wage gap"?
-why is it feminists claim to be in "support of all women" but when a woman doesn't agree 100% to every feminist standpoint or overweight, feminists call them traitors, "pigs", fat etc.?
-feminists claim they support traditional marriages (man + woman) but then claim it's part of the "patriarchy" and then promote lesbiansim
-feminists claim to support traditional families, but then support abortions because they don't want the responsibility of the child
and my final question that really irritated her:
- why do feminists claim they want to adopt kids from foster agencies, but then when times comes for the big "R" word (Responsibility) of that child, then all of sudden "well I'm not his mother"

------------------------------------------------------------------
along with that, I also started going against the MGTOW-Community simply because they are hypocrites themselves and I knew a few who were diehard hypocrites.
-they want traditional marriages/families, but then at the same don't want to get married.
-want to bring awarness to male suicide victims, but then laugh and mock the victims
-call other men simps for saying a basic hi to woman, but if they do it, it's perfectly A-ok
and so on.

see this SJW (Social-Justice Warrior) movements are more or less schemes to seem good to the naked eye, but if you honestly do some research/get into an occasional debate you will end up finding out most are more or less hypocrticial. and yes I point out the hypocrisy in most movements :)

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
from what I been seeing here in Chicago from co-workers, to the average Chicagoan, to social media sites like facebook, I've seen plenty wanting to vote already ( in fact a number can't wait until November comes along). however the votes vary from time to time.
some want to vote, because they are tired of the division, some want to vote because they are tired of the political swamp, some want to vote because they just want to vote. however, I've seen more and more people become really interested/involved into politics ( in terms of my friends), however myself I'm now starting to get motivated in politics, but rather just locally in Chicagoland ("federal politics" rather irritate me easy lol).

the thing that is really hitting the fan now I've noticed, is feminism.... it was a "big deal" a year or 2 ago and died off for a while, but now it's making a "title wave" comeback. I have debated with one and have irritated her on this ( of course this feminist is from the US) but I asked her simple questions but yet she either "tiptoe around" or bring up another subject that was unrelated. here were my simple questions
-why is it feminists claim to support women internationally, yet when women in foreign countries are being executed, treated horribly etc. the feminists here are silent and always go back to the so called "wage gap"?
-why is it feminists claim to be in "support of all women" but when a woman doesn't agree 100% to every feminist standpoint or overweight, feminists call them traitors, "pigs", fat etc.?
-feminists claim they support traditional marriages (man + woman) but then claim it's part of the "patriarchy" and then promote lesbiansim
-feminists claim to support traditional families, but then support abortions because they don't want the responsibility of the child
- why do feminists claim they want to adopt kids from foster agencies, but then when times comes for the big "R" word (Responsibility) of that child, then all of sudden "well I'm not his mother"

along with that, I also started going against the MGTOW-Community simply because they are hypocrites themselves and I knew a few who were diehard hypocrites.
-they want traditional marriages/families, but then at the same don't want to get married.
-want to bring awarness to male suicide victims, but then laugh and mock the victims
-call other men simps for saying a basic hi to woman, but if they do it, it's perfectly A-ok
and so on.

see this SJW (Social-Justice Warrior) movements are more or less schemes to seem good to the naked eye, but if you honestly do some research/get into an occasional debate you will end up finding out most are more or less hypocrticial. and yes I point out the hypocrisy in most movements :)
Yeah at this point you should have gotten mail about voting and to get vote by mail forms. Whoever is more proactive about voting will win the elections. Both sides are putting lots of money into advertising to urge people to vote around this time. Trump is making statements that he may not accept election result. Trump didn't really do anything against political swamp or establishment, at least the Republican kind, he is just attempting to replace one establishment with another and he's to beholden to Republican establishment is playing it safe with them. At same time he cards against them to play but hasn't played them yet.

People in America are bored of stability/status quo and want something more interesting in their lives in my opinion and thus we have movements like feminists and other so called activist groups since people want to feel like they're championing a cause but they don't know how to approach it correctly. So you get lots of them that adopt double standard, irrational views, and even hypocrisy like you said. I think we need a healthy social/lifestyle revolution instead. Things that make Americans less stressed whether societal or economic trends that need to be changed. More vacation time would be nice too. :)

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA

and so on.

There is a reason they try to shut down conservative speakers, their views can't stand up to debate, just wait till Trump picks his SCOTUS candidate, see what the feminists do.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
It's unfortunate this pandemic will have us distracted from our crippling, aging infrastructure in this country. It would have been a hot topic for the debates but that no longer is going to be a thing. Our infrastructure/roads need serious work done on them it's embarrassing how many developing nations are doing much better in this regard.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Keep in mind for those voting by mail you need to submit an application by October 30th at the latest. I'd do it as soon as possible.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
It's unfortunate this pandemic will have us distracted from our crippling, aging infrastructure in this country. It would have been a hot topic for the debates but that no longer is going to be a thing. Our infrastructure/roads need serious work done on them it's embarrassing how many developing nations are doing much better in this regard.
I know exactly what you mean, when I lived in Houston, Texas they always wanted flood drainage systems and ditches and want numbers of them to prevent flooding downtown and so on, yet small ditches here and there been built, but the main major projects such as the "Houston Canal" project, not a single dime invested yet and they still consider this a progressive move forward, but if so why is taking so long? oh yeah corruption and need to increase sales taxes/property taxes to get the money (which they do all the time, yet won't invest in it or even remotely start at least)
same thing with Highway 290 in Houston, they started that 2012, and claim it to be finished in 2022 (we will wait and see if that is successful)

The one major problem Houston tends to have is mocking Austin and Dallas, so for example when Dallas wants the Trinity River Park, which is finally receiving funding both privately and publicly, now Houston is beginning to fund the Memorial Park "Master Plan" project, (In fact Buffalo Bayou was originally the counter against the Trinity River Park Project). and Austin, they copy the scene, such as food (especially).

Houston been trying do whatever to stay as the 4th largest city, as well as becoming the future 3rd city, however it's failing miserably. people are tired of the false "flood prevention" talk which they increase taxes but none is spent, tired of the New Orleans like corruption, and the list goes on.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I know exactly what you mean, when I lived in Houston, Texas they always wanted flood drainage systems and ditches and want numbers of them to prevent flooding downtown and so on, yet small ditches here and there been built, but the main major projects such as the "Houston Canal" project, not a single dime invested yet and they still consider this a progressive move forward, but if so why is taking so long? oh yeah corruption and need to increase sales taxes/property taxes to get the money (which they do all the time, yet won't invest in it or even remotely start at least)
same thing with Highway 290 in Houston, they started that 2012, and claim it to be finished in 2022 (we will wait and see if that is successful)

The one major problem Houston tends to have is mocking Austin and Dallas, so for example when Dallas wants the Trinity River Park, which is finally receiving funding both privately and publicly, now Houston is beginning to fund the Memorial Park "Master Plan" project, (In fact Buffalo Bayou was originally the counter against the Trinity River Park Project). and Austin, they copy the scene, such as food (especially).

Houston been trying do whatever to stay as the 4th largest city, as well as becoming the future 3rd city, however it's failing miserably. people are tired of the false "flood prevention" talk which they increase taxes but none is spent, tired of the New Orleans like corruption, and the list goes on.
That's what happens when you move the Democrats from New Orleans to Houston, New Orleans corruption