War against ISIS | Page 7 | World Defense

War against ISIS

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
The problem is training. If I gave you a T72 tank today, how many months would it take you to learn how to use it? How long til you were even a fraction as proficient with it as a real soldier. These are uneducated people with little chance to ´practice´ with their new equipment. They will be sitting ducks against even a 3rd world army.

And that doesn´t even include maintenance and repairs that need to happen to that equipment over the next year. This is all photo-op stuff, nothing more. The only thing ISIS can effectively do is scare and kidnap civilians.

Its not a rocket science. Any illiterate person can easily operate a tank. Google how to operate a tank and you will get hundreds of articles explaining that. Let's not forget that many of ISIS members are ex Iraqi army personnel, ex Syrian army, Libyans..etc that are knowledgeable on military equipments.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
The weapons that they have in stock, I don't think that the would last long or even give an inch for them to win a war. If they have their own, others also have, much more in number and better in terms of quality. Are these all that they have to boast? The terrorists are only guided by their principles, but not with practicality and wisdom, because if they have they would take more measures that will give them an edge to win a war.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like someone has left behind a lot of lethal weapons in the hands of people who abandon the weapons at the slightest sign of danger. Or did the ISIS buy those weapons?
Personally I doubt that these weapons are of high quality. They are dangerous, yes but the technology is outdated and I doubt this arsenal poses much of a threat compared to the technology in the hands of the western world.

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
I've heard that they make more than $1 million per day by selling oil on the black market, it's no surprise that they're able to acquire such equipment and weapons, even if it might be outdated as compared to what the strong military countries have. I also agree that it's important that they are stopped soon, before they're allowed to grow even and more and brainwash innocent people.

nutshell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
Wow! Are they really owned by ISIS? I pray to God we just made a wrong conclusion here. It is pretty scary knowing what they're capable of doing. Imagine all these weaponry at their hands. I don't even want to think about it. Come to think of it, they surely have money to buy all those big-wig weapons. Who paid for all those??? They mean business and are ready to kill!

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I doubt this arsenal poses much of a threat compared to the technology in the hands of the western world.

Well, where they are now, the Daesh does pose a very serious threat. The advanced technology of the western world has not arrived on the battlefield yet. Only in the air, so far. So, on the ground, these secondhand, outdated arsenal is what counts.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
I think some of these weapons were definitely donated by a few nations, and right now I have one in particular in mind, but lets be careful but not say it, so that I don't be wrong in the future but you know Saudi Arabia has some weapons very similar.

I have often wondered where this ISIS guys really get their money from.

petesede

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Its not a rocket science. Any illiterate person can easily operate a tank. Google how to operate a tank and you will get hundreds of articles explaining that. Let's not forget that many of ISIS members are ex Iraqi army personnel, ex Syrian army, Libyans..etc that are knowledgeable on military equipments.

Do you remember the first gulf war in 1990? Leading up to the war, there was all this talk about them having 5x´s the number of troops we had on the ground, they had more tanks, they had almost an equal number of planes ... etc. etc. If you want to terrorize a small farming village by driving a tank into it, that is one thing, but engaging in armed combat against a trained opponent is another thing. And that is exactly the reason they have these weapons to begin with, because the people we gave them to didn´t know how to really use them and and just abandoned them at the first sign of a gunfire. Ten guys with an M-16 can get a tank pretty easy if the tank isn´t part of a proper military formation and is operated by people who ´read Google´..

ProShell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I think that this is just ridiculous.

I've heard that they are actually getting US Military grade weaponry as a result of seizing weapons depots left by the Iraquis, it's a sad state of affairs.

mizrael

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Canada
That's a lot of military hardware to be in the hands of terrorist, I think some or most of it was formerly owned by the Iraqi military, left to them by the US military, they just up and ran away at the first sign of Isis. The soldiers were so scared of Isis they drop their pants and shirt and ran away, leaving everything behind. I think they ran away because of close religious ties to Isis considering these guys are somewhat related and they really don't want to fight each other, another reason is they're just incompetent and poorly trained. It's such a complex picture it's hard to pinpoint what's really going on over in that part of the world.

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
Interesting thread. I've seen some ISIS members carrying Czech Skorpion machine pistols. Like this one:
BlZ7EPECAAAa9Ez.jpg:medium

Tangentially, I've noted what appears to be expedient silencers on some of their arms. I'll see if I can find pictures.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
If you do some research you will find that much terrorism has been funded by the western world. Osama bin Laden for example

I think you have made an interesting point here. I believe there are certain western interest groups that stand to gain a lot from the chaos that is being caused by militant groups like ISIS.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
It is so sad that so much resource goes to buy weapons to kill fellow men. We are all humans irrespective of race, color or religion. It is usually such a good story when humanity unites to help each other out. Wars will never come to an end as long as selfish people walk this earth. My heart is saddened to watch all these equipments on display waiting for an opportunity to kill innocent people trying to make ends meet.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada