China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan | Page 4 | World Defense

China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Biggest question. If we do acquire these & J15s, will our WVR switch to PL-9c (chini python3) or still remain PL-5

SABRE

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
38 0 0
Country
Pakistan
some how I am not that enthusiastic about J-10, the only reason I think PAF might go for them is to increase numbers as Blk3 has some months before it matures...

J-10 has come of age, especially J-10C. But it doesn't really bring much to the table for PAF, especially with Block-III in development. We are essentially looking at the same weapons systems and tactics. If indeed J-10 is being acquired it would "choota bhai, bara bhai (small brother, big brother)" setup for PAF with both bhais undertaking more or less similar tasks. The only logic behind J-10's acquisition could be stop-gap measures until the required number of Block-III are inducted. This would mean that the J-10 being acquired are indeed used ones from A and/or B batches or in best case scenario early C batches. I think the military is expecting a misadventure from India. Going by the history the misadventure could take place between October-December (November dates are usually ideal). It would be good to stock up combat aircraft.

As for J-15 or even J-16, it sounds too good to be true. But it does make sense. Sukhoi or J-Series can provide Pakistan capability for launching heavier payloads like ALCM & ASCM, perhaps more than one at a time.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
J-10 has come of age, especially J-10C. But it doesn't really bring much to the table for PAF, especially with Block-III in development. We are essentially looking at the same weapons systems and tactics. If indeed J-10 is being acquired it would "choota bhai, bara bhai (small brother, big brother)" setup for PAF with both bhais undertaking more or less similar tasks. The only logic behind J-10's acquisition could be stop-gap measures until the required number of Block-III are inducted. This would mean that the J-10 being acquired are indeed used ones from A and/or B batches or in best case scenario early C batches. I think the military is expecting a misadventure from India. Going by the history the misadventure could take place between October-December (November dates are usually ideal). It would be good to stock up combat aircraft.

As for J-15 or even J-16, it sounds too good to be true. But it does make sense. Sukhoi or J-Series can provide Pakistan capability for launching heavier payloads like ALCM & ASCM, perhaps more than one at a time.
Very well said, additionally this give option the have standard weapons for all platforms,
JF17
J15
J10x

SABRE

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
38 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Very well said, additionally this give option the have standard weapons for all platforms,
JF17
J15
J10x

That has good and bad of its own. Multiple aircraft flying with the same weapons systems and performing same/similar tasks for the same air force is problematic. In that case, logic would dictate to just operate single aircraft from the lineup. It only makes sense to go for such a setup if each type of aircraft is intended for different roles as is the case with the F-15 & F-16, & F-22 & F-35 for the USAF. If I am to lineup JF-17, J-10 & J-15 in PAF I would assign them following tasks (& accordingly have them calibrated for those roles):

JF-17: multirole
J-10: tactical
J-15: strategic, ground & naval missions

Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan

Agree. Only benefit of J-10c over JF17 b3 is range and payload capacity. Radar/EW/electronics is supposed to be at par. So only rationale is to beef up post haste. Maybe they are to fill the gap Egyptian Mirages were supposed to fill or there is delay in blk3. If that is the case then then we will be getting existing airframes so that most probably are early A/B models with non AESA Radar and AL31F engine.

Now J-10c with AESA & WS-10 engine is something to chew on (even though it may impact blk3 final acquisition). WS-10 would be common with J15. And may replace Mirages in deep strike roles.

SABRE

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
38 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Let's also keep one thing in mind. If indeed J-10 or/and J-15 are being acquired they may be done so on a short-term lease. I don't see how Pakistan is going to finance such purchases otherwise. J-15, in particular, may be intended for securing the CPEC sea routes. I also won't rule out Chinese pilots coming along with the aircraft. But overall, all of this sounds too good to be true for me.

Last edited:

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Let's also keep one thing in mind. If indeed J-10 or/and J-15 are being acquired they may be done so on a short-term lease. I don't see how Pakistan is going to finance such purchases otherwise. J-15, in particular, may be intended for securing the CPEC sea routes. I also won't rule out Chinese pilots coming along with the aircraft. But overall, all of this sounds too good to be true for me.
I highly doubt the last part. Maybe for a few months to monitor the PAF pilots and give advice but nothing beyond that. Btw the navy beefing up isnt only for CPEC.

Muhammad Omar

Reactions
595 17 0
Country
Pakistan
Well Sheikh Rasheed also hinted about that J-10C are coming. Also referred to Musharraf time that we all went to China to see the aircraft and placed an order for 36 but now these planes are again coming to Pakistan Air Force

20200626_051048.jpg

Muhammad Omar

Reactions
595 17 0
Country
Pakistan

If our Navy can finance for Frigates Corvettes and Submarines and upgradation I don't see why out Air Force couldn't finance aircrafts.. Also these procurement from China can be financed on Soft loans so that ain't gonna be a problem.

Waiting

Reactions
89 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Aoa... sir.. in my humble opinion. There is only one kind of bird from china.. that may b J 10.. J 15.. or J 16... no multiple brands... and these r coming very soon I A. And even JH. 7.... but the bird will b in latest form.. whichever that may b

Last edited:

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Well Sheikh Rasheed also hinted about that J-10C are coming. Also referred to Musharraf time that we all went to China to see the aircraft and placed an order for 36 but now these planes are again coming to Pakistan Air Force

View attachment 14037
The railway minister should talk about how he is planning to improve PR like the chinese railway. Not talk abt fighter jets ™¡£

Or just name him the PR air chief.