China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan | Page 5 | World Defense

China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Aoa... sir.. in my humble opinion. There is only one kind of bird from china.. that may b J 10.. J 15.. or J 16... no multiple brands... and these r coming very soon I A. And even JH. 7.... but the bird will b in latest form.. whichever that may b

This makes sense. The multiple rumours of types may be the fog of war.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
I believe the J-10 should replace all the mirages but I'm uncertain how I feel about the older J-10A and B. I think PAF and PN should consider J-10C which would roughly be on par with Jf-17 block 3.

Redundancy is good, better be safe then sorry. That being said J-10C would be a far better platform then the old mirages.
New stealth aircraft and JF-17 Block III should replace all mirages. Not J-10

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't think anyone is against J10s...it's an excellent fighter jet. It's just that with F16 upgradation(plus new), C130s, J15s, ongoing JF17 Block III, and project Azm...
...I'm just really hoping that PAF doesn't overly thin out its budget by adding J10 in the mix too.

If that happens long term programs like Azm can see reduced funds in the immediate term.

IMO...for now focus on C130s and F16 upgradation(plus new) that would be heavily subsidized by CSF, spend money on J15s(new purchase), while the ongoing JF17 Block III(along with JF17B wild weasel) and project Azm remain unaffected in their funding.

Slowly build up decent numbers of J15 first...while still operating Mirages and completely phasing out J7. Mirages should do fine for a while still bcuz Pak has the capability to completely overhaul and rebuild them. At least a squadron of J15 should be dedicated as a naval air arm...plus some more wild weasel J15 for SEAD/DEAD...along with some more for just general long range bombing(to have a reach deep inside India)...that puts the need of J15s in terms of numbers to at least two squadrons...after that the more the better.

Then once enough J15s have been acquired, operating along side upgraded F16s and JF17 Block IIIs, then Mirages should be phased out with J10s.

Anyways...that's just my opinion
PAF should get as many F-16's as possible, used or new, doesnt matter. Keep upgrading JF-17.
PAF has 3rd gen as Mirage, 4th gen as F-16 and JF-17 and will be inducting 4.5 gen as JF-17 Block III. J-10 will be a 4 gen or 4.5 gen. Its better that PAF gets next aircraft as 5th gen.

SABRE

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
38 0 0
Country
Pakistan
If our Navy can finance for Frigates Corvettes and Submarines and upgradation I don't see why out Air Force couldn't finance aircrafts.. Also these procurement from China can be financed on Soft loans so that ain't gonna be a problem.

I am no expert on international or even national borrowing but the layman understanding of soft loans holds that mostly the return policy and interest rate are softened. The borrower still has to place hard guarantees or insurances in front of the creditor against which the loan is issued. Please consider that the modern national exchequer is banking based and from banks' perspective, a loan is an investment. Exchequers or Banks will only issue loan if there is profit-making in it. Thus, soft loans at the most would require Pakistan to repay its debts in the long run with lower interest rate perhaps. But the stipulation of the creditor taking over the insurance - in the form of national asset or policies - would still stand if Pakistan fails to pay up in the long run. Indeed PN has received the top attention from the government in the last decade but given the economic situation, PN's purchases must have been done through loans. This means that Pakistan is already indebted and thus the question is what exactly has been placed on the table as insurances to creditors (i.e. China and Turkey)?

Last edited:

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
if this news is true, it got to do with these few factors;

US announcement of sending troops to India and in contrast the China India standoff. And its subsequent effects in Afghanistan ie Pakistan's rear, PLAAF's proper common fighter with PAF through J10, take this news with keeping in mind the indian threats of diverting attention towards Pakistan from its humiliation by China!

Another thing i would like to say is that it seems Block 3 is either not upto the mark or that Mujahid Anwar is finally feeling the heat of delaying this Block 3 which according to previous air chief was supposed to go in production in 2019/20

Last edited by a moderator:

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
If our Navy can finance for Frigates Corvettes and Submarines and upgradation I don't see why out Air Force couldn't finance aircrafts.. Also these procurement from China can be financed on Soft loans so that ain't gonna be a problem.
100+ JF-17 now in PAF inventory came for free ?
What about Azm project ?

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
Count on one thing , if old birds land they must have been modified and will be followed by new and advanced ones

I have no doubts on leadership of PAF, we might whine and moan but they have made the best of the given resources they had, yes they made blunders but I have faith in them, we previously have refused platforms because they were not upto the mark and I think one of the reason why J-10 was previously refused was exactly the same, even JF-17 had to go through a lot of revisions before PAF considered it to be worthy of our force

Waiting

Reactions
89 3 0
Country
Pakistan
There is another aspect as well.. in case of hostilities with india... as per previous record of US, there will be sanctions on pakistan and we may not get spare parts of our F. 16 and we may be unable to fly these for a longer period and no question of any replacements, so we will need some potent fighting machine to supplement our JF.17, for that purpose new fighter of at least F. 16 status is required as early...

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Another thing i would like to say is that it seems Block 3 is either not upto the mark or that goofy Mujahid Anwar is finally feeling the heat of delaying this Block 3 which according to previous air chief was supposed to go in production in 2019/20
The speed of JF-17 production and induction is unprecedented for a country of our size, resources and academic training. Block 3 is delayed because we simply don't have the resources to allocate. Look at any major defense products, combat jets in particular, a few years of delays is quite normal in the industry.

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
There is another aspect as well.. in case of hostilities with india... as per previous record of US, there will be sanctions on pakistan and we may not get spare parts of our F. 16 and we may be unable to fly these for a longer period and no question of any replacements, so we will need some potent fighting machine to supplement our JF.17, for that purpose new fighter of at least F. 16 status is required as early...
I may be wrong but I feel with addition of J10 as replacement for mirages. It's 4.5 Gen aircraft with air to ground role, that means our 5th Gen will be purely an air superiority jet. Correction will be appreciated

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Agree. Only benefit of J-10c over JF17 b3 is range and payload capacity. Radar/EW/electronics is supposed to be at par. So only rationale is to beef up post haste. Maybe they are to fill the gap Egyptian Mirages were supposed to fill or there is delay in blk3. If that is the case then then we will be getting existing airframes so that most probably are early A/B models with non AESA Radar and AL31F engine.

Now J-10c with AESA & WS-10 engine is something to chew on (even though it may impact blk3 final acquisition). WS-10 would be common with J15. And may replace Mirages in deep strike roles.
There role can be cleared, when we know there capabilities set.
even used one's can be modified to add few capabilities before transfer
Secondly there role can't be that non important as PAF category A pilots are there, we know these mostly belong to F16s till now.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Aoa... sir.. in my humble opinion. There is only one kind of bird from china.. that may b J 10.. J 15.. or J 16... no multiple brands... and these r coming very soon I A. And even JH. 7.... but the bird will b in latest form.. whichever that may b
@Khafee has mentioned induction of 3 new platforms
1 = J15 for PAF role PN support
2 = Z10ME for PA
3 = might be J10x for PAF

In this case each wing getting something in there on role