China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan | Page 7 | World Defense

China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Why is there a need for J-10 when F-16 Block 70 is coming. I can't imagine Pakistan making all these acquisition so suddenly. It has to be one or the other.
Didn't you learn anything from the Pressler Amendment?

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
J-10 fighter jets attached to an aviation brigade of the air force under the PLA Northern Theater Command taxi in close formation on the flightline before takeoff for a round-the-clock flight training exercise on June 19, 2020.

Photo: Yang Pan
Source: eng.chinamil.com.cn

FB_IMG_1593197685846.jpg

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
As long as PAF didn't say it, you have nothing to worry about.

I'm not saying whether it is A or B or C or P that is coming in.

Having said that, IF it is A or B, it could mean two things:

1) A stop gap measure for inevitable war loses

2) A replacement for M3 / M5's
I have this one more thing in mind,

Maybe just maybe,

PAF thought of cancelling horus upgrade and Instead China offered some really pretty deal of J-10s (Used or maybe new or both) so PAF might have made a wiser decision, What backs this up is that we have no update on HORUS upgrade yet.

@Armchair @Zeeman @Zulu @Signalian

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
sorry brother to correct you. Block three delay has nothing to do with the resources. It has everything to do with COVID. It will land in 2-3 months in Pakistan. This is straight from the guy working on the project in Chengdu

then please ask him what are our top tier pilots doing in Chengdu

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I try to ask but I find that at least the serving officers are very very stingy in giving out info. I don’t wanna push them but I find it very professional that they don’t let much info out.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
I try to ask but I find that at least the serving officers are very very stingy in giving out info. I don’t wanna push them but I find it very professional that they don’t let much info out.
it does show their professionalism but we are helpless in front of our curiosity

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
sorry brother to correct you. Block three delay has nothing to do with the resources. It has everything to do with COVID. It will land in 2-3 months in Pakistan. This is straight from the guy working on the project in Chengdu
no we arnt talking about this current delay....we r talking about this project's overall production delay, it was supposed to get into mass production in late 2019 or early 2020 according to the plan of Sohail Aman, but when Mujahid Anwar came he delayed it to 2021

Reason was that Sohail Aman believed in Ambition and had given danda to PAF(The one good thing i like about These Muhajirs is that they r bloody ambitious and r highly committed to achieve their ambitious goals Musharraf was also like that). He had afterall opened this project azm and aviation city, and according to him the prototype was supposed to in 2024/25.........

What im trying to say is Sohail Aman had hoped to include Blk3 in time even if the product is unfinished, much like he put Blk2 in production without IFR probe! Mujahid Anwar by contrast seems perfectionist, he seems to have put these both projects in delay so the full and finished product hits the production line.

Blk3 delay for 1.5 years, from early 2020 to 2021 and project Azm delayed by 4 years to 2027-28

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
no we arnt talking about this current delay....we r talking about this project's overall production delay, it was supposed to get into mass production in late 2019 or early 2020 according to the plan of Sohail Aman, but when Mujahid Anwar came he delayed it to 2021

Reason was that Sohail Aman believed in Ambition and had given danda to PAF(The one good thing i like about These Muhajirs is that they r bloody ambitious and r highly committed to achieve their ambitious goals Musharraf was also like that). He had afterall opened this project azm and aviation city, and according to him the prototype was supposed to in 2024/25.........

What im trying to say is Sohail Aman had hoped to include Blk3 in time even if the product is unfinished, much like he put Blk2 in production with IFR probe! Mujahid Anwar by contrast seems perfectionist, he seems to have put these both projects in delay so the full and finished product hits the production line.

Blk3 delay for 1.5 years, from early 2020 to 2021 and project Azm delayed by 4 years to 2027-28
You make interesting points, but unfortunately not valid. Allow me to explain, what I know.

Blk3 - The new ASEA radar, and corona combined are the cause of this programs delay.

Azm - Is on track IA, and I expect it to be better than J31 and exceed J20 in terms of capability

Off topic: Has anyone seen the new Chinese Small Diameter Bombs for J31/J20 ~^~

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
You make interesting points, but unfortunately not valid. Allow me to explain, what I know.

Blk3 - The new ASEA radar, and corona combined are the cause of this programs delay.

Azm - Is on track IA, and I expect it to be better than J31 and exceed J20 in terms of capability

Off topic: Has anyone seen the new Chinese Small Diameter Bombs for J31/J20 ~^~

Any info on them? I want to know if the Chinese have an equivalent to CBU-105.