China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan | Page 30 | World Defense

China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Screenshot_20201113-232238_Chrome.jpg

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
It shows the A variant(no DSI intake)...I was under the impression that it would be J10C that Pak was buying. I mean if Pak is including things like coatings to reduce radar return...then DSI is obviously a better option.

...perhaps the image is only for to make a point and I'm reading too much into it?
@Khafee

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
It shows the A variant(no DSI intake)...I was under the impression that it would be J10C that Pak was buying. I mean if Pak is including things like coatings to reduce radar return...then DSI is obviously a better option.

...perhaps the image is only for to make a point and I'm reading too much into it?
@Khafee
DSI are misfit on J-10.
Air intakes under fuselage has raise the cockpit awkwardly, which only offers drag.
Pakistan should focus only on its own designs or used mirages.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan

@Khafee
It's FC20

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
DSI are misfit on J-10.
Air intakes under fuselage has raise the cockpit awkwardly, which only offers drag.

Hi,

The dsi serves to control the air flow to the engine. This design has its own benefits.

The visibility factor of the J10 would not be any worst than that of the F16 because of the large intake---.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
DSI are misfit on J-10.
DSI is just a different method of controlling the air flow that enters the intake. Could u provide me the source where u r getting ur info from? Like the cockpit being raised on J10B as compared to J10A?

Last edited:

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
DSI is just a different method of controlling the air flow that enters the intake. Could u provide me the source where u r getting ur info from? Like the cockpit being raised on J10B as compared to J10A?

As compare to F-16 and source of info is www full of pictures. Compare the intakes of F-16 and J-10.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I think Guy posted arong Pic but good news is it's buzzing everywhere now that FC20 are coming

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
As compare to F-16 and source of info is www full of pictures. Compare the intakes of F-16 and J-10.
There is no sense in comparing it with F16.

In response to my J10A(splitter plate design) vs J10B(DSI design) query...u said DSI raises the canopy which increases drag.
--> so I thought u were saying...that changing the intake on the J10 from the more conventional design to DSI...meant raising the front section(hence canopy being higher) which contributed to increased drag(on the J10B).

This is why I asked if u had any sources for this claim...

If that is not what u meant...then what u said has absolutely nothing to do with what I was asking. My question was in regards to whether Pak is getting J10 with DSI or without DSI.

As for ur claim of canopy being higher if DSI intake is under the fuselage...that has nothing to do with DSI vs splitter plate intake. Both types of intakes would cause canopy to be higher...so that there is room for the intake underneath(as opposed to if they were on the sides).
An F16 was modified to test DSI...and the canopy(and the whole front section) did not need to be raised. It was the same for DSI as it is for the splitter plate intake. Instead of arguing for or against the DSI design...ur argument is against the intake's position in general(underneath vs the side intakes).

Last edited:

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
I think Guy posted arong Pic but good news is it's buzzing everywhere now that FC20 are coming
Some of the naysayers are coming around now...acting as if they had never ridiculed the idea of J10 coming to PAF before.