China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan | Page 27 | World Defense

China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
WS 10 was Pak designated engine as per Haris and usman many yrs back beacuse Russian engine for J10 PAF was not happy with her performance got many issues on those days

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
WS 10 was Pak designated engine as per Haris and usman many yrs back beacuse Russian engine for J10 PAF was not happy with her performance got many issues on those days
Overall J10 program have very solid evaluation inputs from Pakistan.

its improvements over years is very substantial.
now specially considering J10C.

As now these are rumors of semi stealth version J10D under development... lets see what outcome it will provide if become reality, offcouse it that case it will have some DNA from J20 program too as well

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Overall J10 program have very solid evaluation inputs from Pakistan.

its improvements over years is very substantial.
now specially considering J10C.

As now these are rumors of semi stealth version J10D under development... lets see what outcome it will provide if become reality, offcouse it that case it will have some DNA from J20 program too as well
Many yrs back when first J10C flew with Chinese engine I remember Haris point that pic said its for PAF I think Haris also said change in intake also has PAF input you know back J10 Russian engine issue linked with some crashes so PAF wasn't satisfied those days

Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Many yrs back when fisrt J10C flew with Chinese engine I remember Haris point that pic said its for PAF I think Haris also said change in intake also has PAF input you know back J10 Russian engine issue linked with some crashes so PAF wasn't satisfied those days
Yes the DSI intake was based on PAF feedback and research based on JF17 DSI intake.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan

Hi,

That was the engine that the Paf was depending upon.

Yiu may now understand how shallow of a thinking that the Paf had in designing a new aircraft and and engine that was not ready.

The Paf had " ASSUMED" that the engine would be ready by the time the first aircraft was built---. How wrong they were---you can judge it by the reasoning that that engine is still not ready after 15 years of testing and modification.

readers may now start to understand how difficult of a job is to build a successful fighter aircraft engine---.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Many yrs back when first J10C flew with Chinese engine I remember Haris point that pic said its for PAF I think Haris also said change in intake also has PAF input you know back J10 Russian engine issue linked with some crashes so PAF wasn't satisfied those days

Hi,

There is a lot more to the DSI on the J10. If the other information got out at what the pak has done for the chinese---there would be some serious concerns shown in certain arenas---.

There were 50 shortcomings shown on the J10---and in weapons world---50 is a humongous number of shortcomings on a modern fighter aircraft---.

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman
Hi,

There is a lot more to the DSI on the J10. If the other information got out at what the pak has done for the chinese---there would be some serious concerns shown in certain arenas---.

There were 50 shortcomings shown on the J10---and in weapons world---50 is a humongous number of shortcomings on a modern fighter aircraft---.
wht i wonder is wht pakistanis got in return of helping the chinese