China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan | Page 53 | World Defense

China Sells J-10 Fourth Generation Fighters to Pakistan

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Funny thing is that media seems to say that J-10C is only good for air superiority role. I just don't see why it will not be good for a strike role.
You remember after Shiekh Rasheed's comment, the media went into a frenzy, and all of them posted pics of the Eurofighter. That should give you an idea of how knowledgeable they are.

A123

Reactions
212 4 0
Country
Malaysia
How Indian media sees this J-10 induction of Pakistan:

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Thought there needs to be a consolidated salient feature list for the J-10C.
This is what I have been able to scrounge over the net ...
  • KLJ-10A AESA FCR has more than 1200 TRMs, could even have 1400 TRMs.
  • Most likely Taihang WS-10B Powerplant, rated at 31000+ lbs thrust with full afterburner.
  • RCS below 1 m^2, by the use of radar-absorbent material.
  • Empty weight reduced to 8,850 kg by the use of extensive composite materials.
  • EW Suite is based on the one installed in J-20.
  • PL-15 and PL-10 are fully integrated with the FCR.
  • 6000 kg max payload.
  • 550 km strike radius.
  • 1200 km CAP radius.

MominKhan

Reactions
210 15 0
Country
Pakistan
You remember after Shiekh Rasheed's comment, the media went into a frenzy, and all of them posted pics of the Eurofighter. That should give you an idea of how knowledgeable they are.

I wasn’t talking about Pak media, who know nothing about defence. I think I even read something like that in western media.

At any rate, we need to know a lot more about the SOWs that it will carry. We never heard much more about the new SOW that PAF tested recently. Probably updated H-4.

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
Media both in India and Pakistan are dumb, they actually compete each other on who is the bigger retard but normally thanks to Arnab India always takes the crown :/

A123

Reactions
212 4 0
Country
Malaysia
This is how Indians are unhappy about J-10 induction and how Pakistan's media highlights this:

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir investment only comes when our government has sustained policy toward industrial development, Bangladesh has done much better. Do you know how many Pakistani businessman investments in bangladesh. Facts are bitter.
About the brotherhood between Pakistan and Qatar. In Qatar most government jobs occupied by Pakistani.
Investment did come, Qatar invested almost $billion in East Pakistan as they still believe that Bangla is part of Pakistan

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir are these J-10CP powered by WS-10B or C ?

Pakistan Space Agency

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I kinda wish that we had collaborated on the J-10 and not the JF-17. I know there was collaboration on the J-10 but I wanted it adopted instead of the JF-17
Would've not been better to collaborate on both JF-17 Thunder and the J-10 programs at the same time?

I think in those days, PAF thought they were going to continuously receive the F-16s so they just focused on the light-weight replacements with the JF-17 Thunder program.

As a result, they neither got their hands on the J-10 program or received additional F-16s as predicted.